Welcome Miner, to the wonderful caverns of this Nanotrasen Claimed Landmass. Here, you will break rocks, slay monsters, and die lost and alone in the depths of the caverns.
Workin' In The Coal Mine
Being a miner can be somewhat tedious, but you serve a crucial role in the R&D food chain, as well as being able to accrue some decent personal rewards. Just follow a few guidelines here to keep yourself from becoming dead in the mines. ALSO, it is important to note that you are able to click more than ONE square of rock at a time when mining or digging for sand! As long as it's accessible, you don't have to wait to finish digging before you start digging again, so you can have several dig jobs running in parallel. Just don't change hands or move until all dig jobs are done and save yourself some time!
If you run into rock with a pick or drill in your inactive hand, it will automatically start digging for you.
Working With Your Boss
Who is your boss? The Quartermaster. They can watch cameras on Lavaland and have full access to Mining, so keep that in mind. Look busy, respond to wellness checks over radio, and keep the plasma flowing, and you'll get no complaints from them.
|Volcanic Ash (Sand)
|Volcanic ash mined from volcanic floor tiles with a pick or shovel. Makes 1 Glass per pile of ash.
|Iron ore mined from Lavaland. Makes 1 Metal per ore.
|Plasma ore mined from Lavaland. Makes 1 Solid Plasma per ore.
|Silver ore mined from Lavaland. Makes 1 Silver per ore.
|Gold ore mined from Lavaland. Makes 1 Gold per ore.
|Titanium ore mined from Lavaland. Makes 1 Titanium per ore.
|Uranium ore mined from Lavaland. Makes 1 Uranium per ore.
|Diamond ore mined from Lavaland. Makes 1 Diamond per ore.
|Bluespace crystal mined from Lavaland. Makes 1 Bluespace Mesh per crystal.
|Bananium ore mined from Lavaland. Makes 1 Bananium per ore.
|Tranquillite ore mined from Lavaland. Makes 1 Tranquillite per ore.
- ORM Points are based off the default value. These values are higher if and when science upgrades the ORM
A traitorous miner has a lot of advantages, such as an explorer suit that can be armored with monster parts. Certain minerals you'll find have more "specialized" uses — uranium structures will irradiate people, plasma can start fires, gibtonite explodes. You can also buy very dangerous "mining" tools and possibly even revive those monsters you've been fighting. If you are smart enough, you could get a big stompy mech to drill people to death! In addition, Lavaland is isolated, hard to get to, dangerous, and as expansive as you're willing to dig out. Plenty of room for somebody to get lost in... Forever!
- If you're a miner and you have to kill another miner, there's a way to block communications so they can't call for help.
- Many items from your vendor gain a new, deadly life when in low pressure environments:
- Kinetic Accelerators start dealing devastating damage.
- Plasma Cutters have a chance each hit to cut someone's limbs right off.
- Resonators, like Accelerators, become a deadly way to gain ground in a fight.
- Once you kill your target (and, to avoid being banned, do make sure they are your target), you can permanently or semi-permanently get rid of their body via various hazards on Lavaland.
- With Lazarus Injectors you can gain much needed allies in your fights.
- As a miner, there is a lot of different healing ways available to you. You can use them when pursuing your goals.
- If you are a traitor with hijack objective, you can emag a jaunter to send megafauna to station. Do not (read: NOT ) do it if you are not meant to hijack the shuttle.
- Feeding on other miners can have it's benefits early in the round.