As a Bartender, it's your job to keep any alcohol inclined crew happy. That means serving drinks to anyone who comes by the Bar. Also, playing pieces on the Piano isn't a bad idea either. You also have the sobriety gene, making you completely immune to the effects of alcohol, as well as the ability to leap tables faster than most!
None is required besides knowing how to follow SOP, this is a good job for learning basics of mixing and some others. It can be very helpful however to know how to handle yourself in a fight, as the bar can be a violent place. Advanced Mixology separates the good from the great bartenders.
- Armour vest: Bars are known for bar room brawls. This'll help you stay upright in breaking up a fight.
- Shotgun: Found on the table in the back room. This is for breaking up bar fights and self defence. Taking outside the bar area is a criminal offence so use it carefully.
- Shaker: A rather large container, perfect for mixing drinks in. It can fit 100 reagent units. You need to shake it for contents to mix.
- Bardrobe: Contains various stylish clothing options for you to choose from. Perfect for bartenders who like fashion.
- Booze-O-Mat: Dispenses alcoholic drinks. If it runs out of points, ask the Quartermaster for a Bar Charge.
- Beer locker, beer keg, and spare building materials: All can be found inside your back room.
- Pun Pun: A monkey. Sort of decorative. People are mixed about their feelings to him.
- Soda Fountain: Dispenses most non-alcoholic drinks, you can plop in glasses, flasks, shakers and so on in it, use with the booze dispenser for mixing drinks fast.
- Booze Dispenser: Dispenses the basic alcoholic drinks, works the same like the Soda Fountain.
- Grinder: Use this with raw materials to obtain their liquid form, like that pesky uranium or just fruits that botany may offer you as a present.
- Bandolier: Use this to store your rubber shot shells. Fits on your belt slot.
- EFTPOS scanner and point of sale: You can use them to collect payment for drinks.
Main Article: Guide to Food and Drinks.
You have a whole bunch of spirits in your handy Booze-o-mat vending machine, with which to mix all manner of drinks. Serve up what the crew wants, or just what you feel like mixing.
While a shotgun may be easy to defend with, it can fall into the wrong hands, or dealing with bullets might get annoying. Luckily, in addition to the shotgun, bartenders learn a type of martial arts!
While located in the bar or kitchen, the Bartender has access to an area restricted version of 'Corporate Judo', a martial art that utilizes intent combos for when a patron has too much to drink. While all of the moves use stamina damage, be careful with using harm, as it's replaced with a slicing chop! To help keep track of your combos, a small box will appear on the bottom right of your screen.
- Discombobulate: Disarm, Grab. Confuses the opponent for 10 seconds and does 10 stamina damage.
- Eye Poke: Disarm, Harm. Temporarily blinds the opponent, however eye protection prevents this move.
- Throw: Grab, Disarm. Knocks down the opponent for 5 seconds and does 25 stamina damage.
- Armbar: Disarm, Disarm, Grab. Make sure your opponent is downed in order to do this move. Does 45 stamina damage and 10 brute to a random arm. Roots the opponent to the floor for 5 seconds.
- Wheel Throw: Grab, Swap hands, Disarm, Harm. Opponent needs to be Armbar'd before in order to do this move. Flips your opponent and does 200 stamina damage. Need an empty hand for this move.
A Traitor Bartender has it hard. You start with less access than everyone except the Librarian. Your bar suit stands out fantastically and if you're not in the bar when someone inevitably shows up, expect them to call attention to your absence. If you want to get anything at all done, empty the beer locker onto the bar and hope that everyone gets too drunk to care.
You do, however, have a potentially lethal weapon nearby. Rubber shot rounds you start with are strong at incapacitating targets. If you want something more lethal, having a buddy in research division print you more advanced shells may come in handy. Bottles also work great as melee weapons, but emptied and filled with something nasty to be broken over someone's head or force-fed to them works just as well.
The Maintenance tunnel east of the bar have a fire suit. Use of an emag and your shotgun may help you for your objectives. It's best to stay around the bar as much as you can, as you may look suspicious anywhere else.