PhantasmicDream Art

PhantasmicDream

19 hours ago, PhantasmicDream said:

Huzzah!   Slowly I'll make the whole playerbase be Skrell. 

m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶r̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶s̶k̶r̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶a̶n̶n̶a̶b̶l̶e̶

• Like 2

Sometimes I get art from other people (either commissioned or gifted), thought it'd be fun to share the ones that haven't been posted!!

FuFnStuff (I'm not sure if I spelled that right)  Drew a Dreamy head!
DreamybyFnFnStuff.png.652becee8f5e897a7bc7a7bf5b787c5a.png

Shazbot drew a R.A.B.B.I.T!
 rabbit.png.250420773d217f81b331d46a448d5bf9.png

Nomanoah drew Zeke, and then one of Zeke and Jonah!
26696458_10213223673604264_812916282_n.png.668986115bfa093dcfa3c2a03d01bf04.png received_10213243307775106.png.f2073b193283b781cceb4acafe6e745c.png

Jedr made a smol Zeke! (I'm not sure if this was ever posted on the forums)
ZekeByJedr.png.04082c77bc522958a75bccf3ee213020.png

(commissioned) Arofexdracona did up a cute Chibi drawing of Dreamy and Churchy!
mini_cheeb___phantasmic_by_arofexdracona 

Unfortunately I lost the name of the person who Sketched up this Zeke.
image.jpg.68adb8b5c414d84c2e6ccb6fc2ed5c4b.jpg

(commissioned) Ataricynical did a cute cartoonish Dreamy!
phantasmicdream_by_atari_commissions-dc9

(commissioned) Hivon did a sort of anime(?) like style of Dreamy and Churchy!
commission_by_hivonart-dbu66sv.jpg

Vailelir did up a cute drawing of my bun Ginger!
2018DreamyBun.thumb.png.5d18343f91c04caeffdaf616084adf79.png

(commissioned) TheZodiacLord  did up a fun drawing of Dreamy and Churchy!
untitled_by_thezodiaclord-dcg2udn.png
He also Sketched up R.A.B.B.I.T and Azriel Amadeus
RABBITzodiaclord.png.ad7bd74b4b422942778bd77456672eeb.png AzrielZodiacLord.png.b8489eda607aeb9facb3c3b317a78652.png

And we did a sort of collab (I did the sketch while he coloured it. ^^ ') Of my character Nathaniel and his character Lust.
NatandLust_by_TZL.thumb.png.db08e970061238d4999d46fbded12016.png

(Commissioned) FinestFox did up my floofy characters Ginger and Timothy!
commission_for_phantasmicdream_by_finest

(Commissioned) YuiVS, a few different characters.
1328117668_ChurchyandEd-ByYui.thumb.png.c477582120c224f7df253c089af6c120.png dreamy_01.thumb.png.1e754ea00ec451973caef384e752014c.png 1507623685.spacecanine_dreamy_01.thumb.png.59d382cf51844686e7e4b7fd7dbef1f3.png Easter_01ByYui.png.364f9410f682bd6b6e3a98de4a91cde6.png

(Commissioned) My good Friend Sumico did a lovely drawing of Jonah and (human) Zeke dancing!
1281377103_Alex-CommbySarah.thumb.jpg.5714535b5a3f75ae466c6b0a35c53cd2.jpg

• Like 1

More arts, because we like art... right?

Starting us off is this fun morning picture.
mornings_by_phantasmicdream-dcih6rr.jpg
I like to think Jonah isn't much of a morning person, and this was totally not an excuse to draw a man shirtless.

This was a redraw of an older picture I did back in 2015(?)
alas_by_phantasmicdream-dcih7hw.jpg
My humour is still the same.
Look, it feels so old.
hamlet_by_phantasmicdream-d99z150.jpg

When your slime wife hands you a heart
heart_you_by_phantasmicdream-dcinamh.jpg

This was going to be something else, but it took a 180 to being something completely different, like a bad anime.
it was sort of effortless and meant to be silly(?)
something_copy.jpg

HereticChurch's niece and i had some fun drawing together, I followed a long to the character she was designing.
P_20180730_121529.jpg
Her parents where an angel and a demon, she has traits from both and she's also a catgirl and has a firedress (I forgot to draw the weapon)
After drawing this, I kinda feel like I need to draw some wacky characters,

Here's something that the people want,  a sexy human Zeke done in watercolours (and some markers)
P_20180730_155726.jpg
noticed the jaw line is off and will never be able to fix it.

Which is a lovely flash back to this "oil" painting I did back in college where I originally gave Human Zeke blond hair
IMG_20160415_141009369.jpg 

Edited by PhantasmicDream

Here's a confused Zeke.

_human__zeke_by_phantasmicdream-dciy2y6.

The people wanted more human Zeke... Right?...

Here's Terry and Zeke having a nice chat at the bar.

hello_there__by_phantasmicdream-dciy5xt.

Here's a sort of Spooky Zeke.

mood_lighting_by_phantasmicdream-dcj1jyy

None spess characters, here's Lavinia and Ma'Zul 

take_my_hand_by_phantasmicdream-dcj4qbm.

Here's Ellerith

ellerith_by_phantasmicdream-dcj7924.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

stop making beautiful are you damned amazing person you. ((keep making the art))

If I'm allowed to make a request, could you draw my drask and/or my IPC? I don't have anything other than their sprites and a limited description. Here they are: Vvvroomn-Vroooooom-Vroomn (edit, I need to adjust Vvvroom's look, but the description stands!) and Prime.

Edited by Breenland

On 8/5/2018 at 11:32 AM, PhantasmicDream said:

Here's a confused Zeke.

_human__zeke_by_phantasmicdream-dciy2y6.

The people wanted more human Zeke... Right?...

Here's Terry and Zeke having a nice chat at the bar.

hello_there__by_phantasmicdream-dciy5xt.

Here's a sort of Spooky Zeke.

mood_lighting_by_phantasmicdream-dcj1jyy

None spess characters, here's Lavinia and Ma'Zul 

Here's Ellerith

ellerith_by_phantasmicdream-dcj7924.jpg

That picture of Terry is spot on. Tired and upset

• Like 1

Oh hey, here's another art dump!!  *sweats  

Some "concept" art for a contest where we make our own Dark Witch character based off of the contes host's setting.

_contest_entry___eileen_boyd_by_phantasm

_contest_entry___olivia_wright_by_phanta

Here's a demon, fallen angel, and a Cherub!

unsure_by_phantasmicdream-dcjm0xh.jpg 

The next drawings are actually things I did in a drawing live stream!

Here's a Zeke, honestly everything in this was made up on the go, I don't know what it means 

split_by_phantasmicdream-dcjs6mb.jpg

zeke_varloss__pin_up__by_phantasmicdream

Sketches

stream1_by_phantasmicdream-dcjliy0.jpg

stream2_copy_by_phantasmicdream-dcjs63l.

Blame HereticChurch (and me not being able to talk properly), something went horribly wrong. #JokeGoneTooFar

saxxy_sexaphone_copy_by_phantasmicdream-

Sidon and Link, idea was supposed to be cute fangirling and cute blushies.

sink_by_phantasmicdream-dcjs8o2.jpg

maybe I shouldn't be allowed to live stream.

Edited by PhantasmicDream
  • Thanks 1

A fancy wizard named Darius White,
darius_by_phantasmicdream-dcjvyx1.jpg

white_wizard_by_phantasmicdream-dcjyolf.

My IPC NECROMANCER, 
follow_me_by_phantasmicdream-dck27qn.jpg

A little comic from a round I had,  because sometimes I like to draw up some obscure scenes that happens (sadly I don't remember the HoS's name)
the_bee_by_phantasmicdream-dck519c.jpg

A little doodle of myself and a smol blue lizard named Garoon Gawoon.
dweamyandgawoon_copy.thumb.jpg.c7398ce97abea547e8e7f6c6a9c1dfbe.jpg

• Thanks 1

Hello, PhantasmicDream! Your art is very pleasing to me, so I'd like to give you some constructive criticism on how to improve.

• With a minority of your characters, their poses seem natural and something an actual human would do. With the majority, just try replicating it and see that it'd be impossible to actually do this without thinking.

This was a problem with Chronarch's art, and it is a problem with yours. To bring up an example, you like to draw Zeke clutching his hand into a fist while it's sort of raised, his elbow at an acute angle. The problem with this is, it isn't a natural physical expression. Worried, happy, angry, sad - it's just not a normal thing someone would do. I advise you, like Chronarch, before drawing the art piece, you should try doing the pose you want your character to do or reference a model. The greatest artists in the world did this to a legendary extent, but for your artstyle and skill a quick look at a picture won't do any harm.

• Your art seems kind of rushed, like a fully coloured sketch.

Now, this wouldn't be a problem if it went with the art you're trying to make. For example, your IPC Necromancer fits this very well because of the white, black, and red colour palette(with a greyish background and blue medhud), it gives off a feeling of either authority or uneasyness, which I suppose you were trying to accomplish. But with other arts, like the demon, fallen angel and Cherub(?), it gives off a vibe that you're trying to stick it in as quickly as possible.

• Jonah?

Whenever you draw Jonah, his face is so pointy that it's almost like an entirely different artist drew him compared to the roundness of other characters. If you want him to stick out, then this is a very creative and artistic way to go about it, but it's very obvious you don't want him to, even putting him in the roundstart detective outfit 9/10% of the time. Because of how pointy his face is, he looks malnourished. Now, wouldn't Zeke care if his/her husband/boyfriend stopped eating?

Remember, your art is still good! But no one's perfect. I hope to see you improve in the future. Take care!

Hello @Fursamie and thank you for taking the time to making this up for me,   To be honest, it's been a long time since I've gotten any sort of constructive criticism.  
The one thing I learned over the years of drawing, is that you never stop learning. 

Poses:
I don't always act out my pose,  but I do mentally act it out.   This is something that can be tricky to do at sometimes, just because one person can be more flexible than another person.  I'm short and stocky while my character is tall and thin. People also have their own habits with how they naturally stand as well, I tend to have my hands up and closed to my chest.   But I admit that I do draw Zeke's (and probably other characters') hand/arm in that kind of position a lot, sometimes it's because I don't know what to do with it, so I do it to make it more interesting to look at.   

Drawings that I actually used a ref: there's probably more

Spoiler

pole_dancing_by_phantasmicdream-dcdi22d.  commission___cell_block_tango__by_phanta
to_hold_close_by_phantasmicdream-dc54z9f
morning_by_phantasmicdream-db469z5.jpg
dancing_by_phantasmicdream-dbrtdp1.jpg   pin_up_vamp_by_phantasmicdream-dbcuf43.j

Using my modeled figures: Which I should really use more

Spoiler

hold_close_by_phantasmicdream-daztl55.jp get_away_by_phantasmicdream-daztmkw.jpg
ninja_dreamy_by_phantasmicdream-db1nndu. 
greytide_by_phantasmicdream-dbsy0kw.jpg

Rushed:
I do have the bad habit of rushing some art works,  mostly because sometimes I start something late, and then really want to finish it before I go to bed.  I also have really messy line art, which has always been a thing, though my line art now is a lot cleaner than some of my older art.  I've tired the clean line art before but never liked how it turned out.  I've also changed how I shaded my works, currently shading is more simpler to do but I'm sometimes sloppy with it. 

These drawings were drawn the same way:  I did them like this because I liked the texture it gave, and was just playing around with things.

Spoiler

ellerith_by_phantasmicdream-dcj7924.jpg         unsure_by_phantasmicdream-dcjm0xh.jpg

I go through a lot of different phases when it comes to my art.

Jonah:
Back in the day I was known for drawing very pointy chins and sharp jawlines on character.  Eventually tried to tone that down. "he looks malnourished."  He is a flawed character, (both he and Zeke are) being a workaholic and a chain-smoker, and probably other things. 

Other things:
The way that I draw side profiles varies some days,  and most of the time they look off, because sometimes I place the eye and eye brow in the wrong spot. I'm also not too good a drawing face on profiles... 
Making character's clutching their hands is something I'd normally do to avoid having to draw the whole hand and their fingers out. I spend too much time on hands, Garoon will always bring it up. 
Sometimes I have issues drawing eyes,  so I'll draw the characters with their eye closed (or just shaded out) 
I subconsciously make my male character's poses look too feminine,  sometimes I just draw their figure too feminine.
I avoid drawing backgrounds too often
I also avoid drawing the full bodies too often as well. 
Sometimes my colour choices are weird.
I also don't experiment with perspective (or foreshortening), but I really should do it more.

Hello, PhantasmicDream! I will go over your comments of my criticism and try to help you with the "other things" segment.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a God sent artist and my scribbles are comparable to peppa pig.

• Refrenced drawings

These drawings look like something an actual human would do although they're all extremely sexual.. lewd.. AND it's not so similar to the reference that it looks like you traced over it and slapped a character's face on it. I recommend doing this more often as it will help you draw naturally without references and let you become a God that can draw humans in under 30 seconds without breaking a sweat become more proficient in drawing humans without the help of a reference. 

• Modeled drawings

Surprise surprise! They look good, maybe even better than the ones you didn't use a model for. Of course, there will be times that you can't find a model in the pose you want, but with the above combined with your modeled drawings, you'll be even MORE good at drawing humans then you are at being a human!(?)

• Poses

It may be something that you tend to do often, but in the several moving of countries, schools, cities, etc I've GENUINELY (or at least can't remember) seeing someone do a pose like holding your chest up to your chest. To me, it kind of looks stiff and wonky, like a really bad ironic anime show. Since you differ from your characters, it may be wise to "observe the people in their natural habitat". However I'm sure you're mature enough not to stare at them for too long. Once they look in your general direction they'll be wondering why the fuck somebody was just staring at them for the last 10 minutes. 

• Rushed

Now, if you think it's fine, it IS your artwork. But I believe that "messy" artpieces should be reserved for when you want the observer to feel scared/creeped out. If you search up most horror related art pieces, you'll see they encoporate this style. With the two vulp dancing in your references,  the lines were smooth and it was more appealing than your "rushed" usual artstyle.

• Jonah

Oh, I thought it was an accident on your part. Thank you for clearing this up!

• Other thangs.

Try looking up criminal mugshots. There are a LOT and it'll help you get used to side profiles.

Hands are only "difficult to draw" because of the negative stigma around them. It would be best just searching it up since there DOCUMENTARIES on this.

Pro tip - draw a circles. Then base your eyes off that circle.

The rest, I don't know how to help you with. I hope to see you grow in the future!

1 hour ago, PhantasmicDream said:

Bunch of doodles of myself
stream3_by_phantasmicdream-dckezfb.jpg

The top left picture looks like its the aftermath of too much of the bottom right photo.

?

Don't hurt me...

Edited by ZN23X

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use