Open Club  ·  60 members

Synthetica

IPC Clique

LightFire53

Because we need it.

Who are you, who do you play, and why do you follow the path of Synthetica?

I use both Hyperion and the Communist Canada Admiral R.A.S.P.O.U.T.I.N.E.. I've always been of the opinion of why play a human character in a game when I am a human in real life. When I first started playing, I saw lots and lots of IPCs, and pretty much fell in love with them. They continue to be my main species of choice.

• Like 2

Unit has been designated KR4-3SHA. Unit specializes in the repair and deconstruction of inferior organic beings.

I primarily play this IPC and a human with a mechanical heart, so even my human fears EMP as much as the rest of you. I enjoy making KR4 talk like a stereotypical basic robot, I cherish my snoflek mechanical heart, even when it ends me and people complain about me having it in deadchat.

I just like diversity with my toons.

Glory to Synthetica!!!

*EMITS AN EXCESSIVELY PATRIOTIC BLIP*

Edited by ZN23X
  • Like 1

Well, you have probably saw me arriving here a mile away, but it is I, P.A.T.C.H. I was here to patch everyone up, but I got side tracked and started talking to as many people as I can and making shitty shotguns.

Honestly, I wish I could remember why I have such a distaste for playing as anyone organic, but I have avoided it like the plague whenever possible, and its not likely going to change anytime soon, but I will never look down on someone for using someone organic, after all, they are quite fun to hug.

Well, if you see me around, feel free to try and talk to me, I'll probably either talk your ear off, or awkwardly stumble on words until we both just leave, and I will probably try and push something like beer or meth on you.

01000111 01101100 01101111 01110010 01111001 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01010011 01111001 01101110 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110100 01101001 01100011 01100001 00100001 00100001 00100001

Edited by shazbot194
  • Like 1

I.D.E. is essentially my second main, with Entchtut being my main main.

I play I.D.E. when I want to play Silicons, Engineering, and Captain, as those are the few jobs that Entchtut can't do, despite basically being a mary sue (He can also do Security and Blueshield, but I generally use Entchtut for those.). And I play him when I want to take SS13 a little less seriously. Unlike Entchtut, I.D.E. does not give a shit. I.D.E. has little to no concern for his own life, being an immortal machine, or pain, being an unfeeling machine, or his job, as NT is stuck with him rather than him being stuck with NanoTrasen.

You may remember I.D.E. as the synthetic who constantly screamed about hot, fluffy butts. Partially/largely/entirely because Fun Officer Regens told me to knock it off because it's "Borderline ERP", this has been toned down a lot. He still tells random Vulpkanin how fluffy and cute they are (Just not constantly), gives them pets to the point where they think he's racist against them, and fanatically defends Vulpkanin and Unathi (And to an extent Tajaran). But I'll admit, I took the joke too far and shouldn't have taken it in out of character places.

ALFRED/ALFRED-AI/EPSILON here. I just love Synthetics and the fact that they are above petty things such as complicated emotions (depending on how you play) and pain. The best thing is still playing as a medical borg and performing surgery without anasthetic. The screaming, oh, the screaming ..

• Like 1

Unit Spark 5.5 online.

Synthetics always stuck out to me, honestly. It's just a fun style of mechanics and roleplay.

Glory to Synthetica.

• fastparrot 1

4 hours ago, Landerlow said:

The best thing is still playing as a medical borg and performing surgery without anasthetic. The screaming, oh, the screaming ..

Me "Why is organic screaming?"

V̶i̶c̶t̶i̶m̶ Patient "PAAAAAAIN!!!!"

Me "Unit does not understand pain"

*applies surgical saw*

*SCREAAAAM*

Me "Hearing receptors overloaded. Organics are curious"

*beep

Me "Organic is fully repaired. Have a pleasant and safe shift"

*ping

Edited by ZN23X

Weather, Science Report, Medical Report, Mail Report, Blackhat Report, Holy Report, Sustenance Report, Status Report, and METAL REPORT reporting.

u34Jgry.gif

Edited by Valkyrie

Jebediah here. Some of the older people here may know him; these days, he only shows his face every now and then.

IPCs are cool as heck. I love the idea of not feeling pain and just being able to walk up to Robotics, full of dents and missing limbs, then calmly ask for new parts.

BUP here. Always loved robots but I'm more attached to the character than anything. I played him when IPCs repairs were bugged to hell and impossible, I played him when IPC Revive was fucked, I played him before implants and all the while EMPs were a thing.

I love the fact they get special prosthetics, don't have to worry about viruses, breathing or broken bones. Also, I love pinging and booping and... yeah.

PBU-830 here. I change characters a lot but always find myself coming back to IPC's, they're really unique and I just love the general feel of playing as one. Sure you're a little less resilient but who cares when you can lose an arm or 2 and still be fine.

S.M.O.K.E. Here, he's really new and I play him sometimes, I made him a cigarette vendor IPC who manage to escape but he can't contain his software and scream cigarette propaganda in the middle of conversations. He hate it

• 2 months later...

I'm BOT,  if you've seen me around you probably remember me as one of the greytiders you can find on the station. I mainly play because, despite being a shitter, I still can occasionally receive karma and I desperately need to prove it whenever possible. 

Heya! I've got quite a few IPCs.

B.E.E.R, The synthanolic barbot.

E.A.R.S, the engineer/atmosian that likes seeing bluespace

H.E.A.L, the overly anxious surgeon

J.U.S.T.I.C.E, the shitcurity officer

I play as synthetics because they, in my opinion, are the most flexible, personalitywise. They could not care about anything, or be curious, or whatever else! They are fun to play as, and be around. alsoyoucanmakepunsoutoftheirnamesandthat'skindafunnyIguess

My most notable IPC is Jeriko-Bashline, followed by Serenity-F. There's also CATCH-22, but he's crazy and breaks all the time.

As to why I play IPCs, I just have a huge thing for robots in general. Not really a Synthetica follower all that much really, just IPCs who try to lead normal lives.

• 1 month later...

So I guess I will say hi here.

My IPCs are Q.U.A.R.K. and M.A.N.T.I.S. ((I got some more saved in case I want anothere character)).

As why I play IPC. Well I used to play as Unathi at FTL13/Yogstation, where my secondary "race" was Borg. When I moved to paradise I played as Heals the Wounds for some time, IPCs seems so cool to me, I decided to buy that race and give it a shot. And here we are.

• Like 1

I play SCUTTLES. Been thinking about making another IPC character.  

IPCs are the shit. You're able to heal yourself to a degree, no oxygen tanks required which means more room for fun stuff. The constant beeping and pinging can cover up the sound of someone illegally welding into perma. 

Hii, I'm late to the party, I play S.A.M. primarily but I do have a few other IPCs that I may play on occasion

I remember when I really started to get more into ss13, I saw some characters around with TV heads and I thought they looked so cool *^*

I ended up making IPC my first ever karma purchase, because *beep 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use