Non-secret antags ending the round upon death? No thanks!

Keroman

ah well, it probably should be over after the nuke explode :P. But not when nuke ops fail.

This is what happens. Nukies dieing isnt a round ending, its only the nuke going off that does this.

Only Vox/Wizard/Malf/Blob do this.

I honestly didn't realize that was the case with Nuke Ops. It's probably because, like Shadey said, even if the Ops are dead the command staff are like, "Welp, station's fucked anyways, let's go home!"

I'm personally against this- There's already a gamemode for Extended, called Extended. Wizards, blob, and malf can all rack up a very large bodycount and damage the station quite heavily before dying; If rounds didn't end after murderbone antags died, there could be upwards of 20 people who have to sit out the next 1.5-2 hours. during which next-to-nothing will happen since there are no antags.

If a ton of people are dead the vote will simply pass; if it won't then they can just wait for xenos/posibrains/stuff and at some point get back into the game.

Giving the players a chance to choose would be more fun than just ending the round, especially that it might lead to interesting gameplay.

I'm in the same boat as Flatt, as he makes a good point. I think, when the round ends, it gives a Crew Transfer Vote, just like what happens at the 2 hour mark during normal shifts. If, lets say, worst case, 20 people died, then vote goes through, Crew Transfer happens, and rounds over.

If not, then Round Continues like normal, possibly having an earlier Crew Transfer vote (I don't know, something like an hour, hour 1/2 maybe?) then, it will extend to 2 hours, and then it will be back to what would be considered "normal".

I'd imagine that ending the round would reliably get chosen if it were a vote, but if I were to assume otherwise, it still creates an issue. Making some extremely broad assumptions for the sake of argument, if 40% of players die, every dead player votes to end the round, and every live player votes to continue, 25-30 players will be out of the game for 2 hours.

That's why I propose the idea of an earlier Crew Transfer Vote, as by the time it reaches the 1st vote, the results will likely have switched to something else. But, again, this is, as you said, making extreme assumptions.

I'm personally against this- There's already a gamemode for Extended, called Extended. Wizards, blob, and malf can all rack up a very large bodycount and damage the station quite heavily before dying; If rounds didn't end after murderbone antags died, there could be upwards of 20 people who have to sit out the next 1.5-2 hours. during which next-to-nothing will happen since there are no antags.

This is my position, as well; there's also a few times where the mode absolutely needs to end when certain objectives are completed. I know it's not in rotation anymore, but it's an excellent example of this: Rev.

Revs kill all the heads of staff, but end up patrolling the station endlessly for the next 1.5 hours because they want to be absolutely certain that they really did kill all the heads.

There's also the case of just how the round is: when you kill a wizard, you know the round is over, even if the round continues--it won't be any different with blob, malf, shadowling, etc.

With how traitor and changeling work, you never really know, because both heavily rely on stealth--most of the "round ends when antag dies" modes are...well, horrendously obvious when the round really is over or not.

I'm against it. I feel that this is motivated by engineering feeling that they have little opportunity to showcase their skills. After a blob, engineering certainly become the focus of attention and is currently "deprived" of the key role they would play in restoring station operation. But, in the case of a blob aftermath, I feel that this would be to the detriment of the rest of the players who are likely to have no workstation or functioning department for the rest of the round.

Even if explicitly designed as a scenario, it would be very hard to balance the engineering challenge to the engineering department capacity. It's simply too much variation that would have to match the level of competence available.

I do agree that engineering have little long term goals. But I feel that these goals should be "opt in". Like, if the xenoarch site is marginally effective, but engineering can turn it into a super-duper facility. Or restoring the derelict.

TLDR; I fear this this change, for every success, will result in X number of cases where a crippled crew is left with a crippled station. The whole round experience for everyone shouldn't depend on such a dice roll.

Edited by Guest

hence the vote instead of instant round over. Id be fine with the round ending immediatly (no shuttle) if the vote pass to end the round.

Say nuke ops is dead, wait 5mins, start an automated vote. 5mins is enough for the players to determine if its recoverable or not. If they vote to continue the round then its just extended. If they dont the round is over.

Can't clone Vox, Plasma people, or Slime people.

Plasmamen can be cloned unless someone stealthily nerfed them. It's just that without a suit you're confined to... places.

Personally, I like short rounds. I don't want votings. It's a nice change of pace.

In case of a nukie/blob round, I would probably call the shuttle anyway. Even when it is one of the more secret gamemodes, people will still yell at command to call the shuttle when shit gets real. It's usually 10-15 minutes of licking wounds and fixing most severe breaches and then you call the shuttle to wrap it up.

Can't clone Vox, Plasma people, or Slime people.

Plasmamen can be cloned unless someone stealthily nerfed them. It's just that without a suit you're confined to... places.

Personally, I like short rounds. I don't want votings. It's a nice change of pace.

In case of a nukie/blob round, I would probably call the shuttle anyway. Even when it is one of the more secret gamemodes, people will still yell at command to call the shuttle when shit gets real. It's usually 10-15 minutes of licking wounds and fixing most severe breaches and then you call the shuttle to wrap it up.

Oh dear.

http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Guide_to_Cadavers

You can clone all of these, they even have a special section in the guide.

I suppose to upside to a short round is another chance to roll antag.

Well, actually, if this ends up being a thing not agreed on, maybe we could try what Goon did?

After the main antag is dead, more antags are just spawned, so for example after a wizard gets killed thhe round shifts to traitorling or meteor or nukie and stuff.

In case you didn't see what I said the first time:

There is already an option to have antags dying not end the round - continuous rounds

It's right here.

Some person with access to the server's config just needs to tweak it to make this happen.

Either that, or I MAKE A STUPID PR FOR A CONFIGURATION CHANGE, which seems overly silly for changing configuration options, but if it's the only way to get things changed...

Know what I hate?

When people do crazy actions they wouldn't normally do, that hurt them and others, knowing that the round will end, should they succeed.

People bombing raiders/ sending their shuttle back, bombing blobs, wizards... you see my point.

This was an issue on /tg/ as well, but people get in trouble there now if they don't manage to kill the antag.

Well, actually, if this ends up being a thing not agreed on, maybe we could try what Goon did?

After the main antag is dead, more antags are just spawned, so for example after a wizard gets killed thhe round shifts to traitorling or meteor or nukie and stuff.

This.

It would certainly make for some more interesting situations. Also, it wpuld fit in better with certain antags (I'm thinking the devious, opportunistic Vox and/or the efficient, calculating Nuke Ops)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use