i got a goddamn medal

Because I'm willing to go into detail with corpses to the degree where the reader can tell the circumstances in which an engineer tried to escape from the brig, got electrocuted on an exposed grille and then commit suicide out of impotent rage.

I take a photograph, put the body in a body scanner, autopsy it and record notes summarising all the information using a universal recorder.

• fastparrot 1

3 hours ago, Streaky Haddock said:

as coroner

...it was also extended

coronerdistinguished.png

Was I the one who gave you the medal? Jack Edwardson?  I gave a distinguished conduct medal to a coroner for that very reason a week or two ago.  I gave it to the coroner on the emergency shuttle right outside the shuttle's bridge.

23 hours ago, Vargh said:

I got a few medals in my viro shifts for doing it fast and saving people because of that

In other news, water is wet. If you are getting medals for viro, I should be getting medals for smoking ?

7 hours ago, ZN23X said:

In other news, water is wet. If you are getting medals for viro, I should be getting medals for smoking ?

We need a most cigarettes smoked stat at round end

• Like 1

I didn't think to take a screenshot of it but I just got a medal of captaincy from a demoted captain just for the heck of it.

I also got dragged into the captain's office once when the captain when to the kitchen to get food and I was standing out in the hallway playing guitar. They gave me a medal for "raising crew moral."

Edited by Pawneax

• 4 months later...

I recall getting a medal once for distinguished conduct in robotics once...though i think this was the round where shortly after i was betrayed by all the borgs i created. :<

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm I recall getting a medal once as chef after I spended half an hour making  meals for command.

Every head got his special meal and I only choose the finest and most complex recipes I could find. After packing everything inside a locker and wrapping said locker in paper I headed to the bridge. Well I ended up inside the office of our captain having a nice party with most of the other heads, even getting a medal as an acknowledgement for my hard work at the end.

It also was the third round I even played as the chef, which makes this whole story even better for me.

I got one long ago from saving the Captain from getting smuggled by Shadowling AND its thralls in arrival maintenance by being robust and fend them off with a baseball bat.

I got medal only once ((for a real reson)).

Basicly I was paramedic, I saw someone dead in genetics maint "Oh shit gotta go".
CMO: "DUD YOU GONNA DIE"
ME: "NAh I will be fine"

The first seconds I walk in I see some strange person taking stuff from dead husk 
M.A.N.T.I.S. [common] exclaims, "SECURITY TO MED MAINT NOW!"
me and the misterious person stay in the maint for like 30 seconds looking on each other doing nothing, saying nothing.
*Someone is comming, the guy escapes*
Me:" Oh hello officer! There is dead body, someone just looted that body, you have rogue officer on the loose, he also escaped like 10 seconds ago."
*Guy comes back, taser hit officer, guy is dragging officer while hitting him with HARMbaton and tries to escape*
*CTRL+CLICK SPAM MODE ACTIVATED*
*I managed to pull officer out of murdurer grasp when he has like 170 demage*
*SAVED, I took him to medbay, into cryo*

Some time later, I see dying drask officer. I rush into maint to save his ass.
*Oh look familiar ((or not)) face with the taser*
*Taser missed*
M.A.N.T.I.S. [common] exclaims, "SECURITY TO MED MAINT NOW, some asshole is killing Ruum-Ovv-Oumn!"
*I go back deeper into maints just to make sure I don't die like little arse I am, 30 sec passed, no officer came, so I rush in to try and save him*
*Cannot find anybody, except one suspicious locker in maint, welded door to that locker, came out there was Ruum in that locker ((Sorry))*
*Oh shit, It's Officer Ipsum! GREAT, time to hunt!*
*We find the EoC, he hit Ipsum with taser, SHIT*
*I helped him stand up, we stunned the shit out of the changeline*
*EMP YA ARSE*

*Dead*
*Got fixed in robotics, Ipsum was clonned, Ruum was cloned (( like 10 minutes after someone recovered his body)), changelings body has been destroyed*

MISSION SUCCESS!

Basicly I got that brown medal from Captain Zsi for risking my life for another people.

((Rest of the shift I spent bringing some lightly wounded people to medbay, getting shit like experimental welding tools for my fellow IPCs (E.L.O. and P.E.W.) and my boss (Gerhard), that was calm after that. That medbay crew was good medbay crew.))

• Like 2

Ah, I was the changeling you're referring to. I wanted to take over security, but there were a lot of people running into maints and my cover got blown pretty quickly.
Because of the backup you called for, I panicked and ended up leaving my atmos ID behind; dooming me for starting my first assault unprepared.

I was honestly just trying to scare you off with the stuns, trying to avoid being too murderboney, but you wouldn't STOP COMING BACK!
In the end I got robusted by a random janitor in maint before the Sec officer I kindly let go unhusked came back to finish the job.

You REALLY did me in that round.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I never got medals because 3/4 of station thinking that i'm a terrorist. Well you know, Toxins Research is hard.. but harder is to get away with it when you blow up 5 bombs with a signaler.

I'm not a terrorist, please.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use