Malpractice bay 2.0 or WTF are you doing with my organs?

Fethas

Or Fethas has an organ black Market!

https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradise/pull/2903 is closeing on review stage so i am writing this to let you know what to expect!

Surgerys will be started by a list, with a sharp object and then you proceed from there. Next list step will be stated on your operating computer.

Organs are now a bit more moduler code wise and allow for some pretty fun stuff. I will try to list off organs and what they can do.

ORGAN CHANGES!

Hearts

As before, are vital, you will die if removed

Lungs

Vital

Liver

You process your alchohal (and other things) with this

Most other organs are as before, with the fact you can also EAT THEM Eaiser

Some organs, such as the Wyn (admin) race antenna will remove hive speech.

XENO ORGANS! EXOTIC ORGANS!

Daemon hearts will probaly replace your current heart when you eat it

XENOMORPHS can be cut up for organs but some notes, You need a plasma producing organ to use most powers, and don't try to lay an egg without a HIVENODE in you.

Hivelord organs are now implantable.

CYBERNETIC ORGANS!

RnD can now research cybernetic implants.

Brain:

Antidrop - toggle to make it so you cannot drop your currently held item (of course toggle off to drop it again)

Antistun - automaticly reduces your stun duration

Chest:

Nutriment pump and Nutriment pump + - Will make you less hungry depending on your hunger levels. the normal will bring you to yellow from red, and the + does more so

Reviver - Will try to bring you out of medical crit, WILL NOT DEFIB YOU.

Eyes:

X-ray - gives you xray vision

Thermals - Gives you THERMAL vision

Med/sec hud - Gives you medical and sec huds repsectively

Welding shield - helps you with wielding.

eye colors will change based on the implant.

They all have a drawback espically when EMPed

LINGS get an organic version of Thermal and Welding assoicated with the augmented eyesight power.

ADMIN ONLY:

Arm cannon - A armcannon in taser/disabler and laser varients. Beware of EMPS

Honktumor - HONK!

Beard Organ - ???

Surgcal tools!

Alot is the same save for the researchable ones(they now reduce step type based on success percentage), but i will list them by category and success rate

Scalpels/Surgery Starters (most sharp objects can start a surgery, but not all are scalpels):

for cutting open:

Laser scalpels 105/110/115 % (based on level)

Incision Manager 120%

Scalpal 100%

Kitchen knife 75%

Glass Shards 50%

Scissors 10%

CLAYMORES 5%

Edagger/esword 5%

Chainsaw 1%

For Clamping Bleeders:

Laser scalpels 105/110/115 % (based on level)

Incision Manager 120%

Hemostat 100%

Cable coil 75%

Moustrap 20%

For retracting:

Incision Manager 120%

retractor 100%

Fork 50

crowbar 75

Catuerys(I got brain dead here..you are getting the code listing):

scalpel/laser3 = 115,

scalpel/laser2 = 110,

scalpel/laser1 = 105,

cautery = 100,

cigarette = 75,

lighter = 50,

weldingtool = 25

Amputating tools/saws:

circular_saw = 100,

energy/sword/cyborg/saw = 100,

hatchet = 75,

arm_blade = 60(amputation only)

SURGERYS

As stated, surgerys are started from a list now, the steps if you get lost, will be displayed on the operating computer (that is if you aren't doing this on a table in maintenance)

This also means they are datum based and expandable.

If you need to ABRUPTLY stop a surgery, hold your scalpal and a catuery

If you picked the wrong surgery before the first step, change your intents and click the patient with the tool in hand.

also i am lazy right now so heres the datums for surgery as they are in the code:

Bone Repair:

Scalpal,Hemostat,Retract,Bonegel,Bonsetter,Bongel,Catuery

Face Repair:

Scalpal,Hemostat,hemostat,retract,catuery

Cavity item implant/removal:

Scalpal,Hemostat,retract,saw,retract,drill,place/remove item,catuery,retract,bonegel,bonset,bongel,cautery

Note:To place an item, have the item in your hand before clicking the patient, to look for and/or remove an ITEM have your hand open. you cannot place organs with this surgery.

Amputation:

Saw

Limb attachment:

For organics:

(after selecting the surgery with a scalpla/shap tool) Attach limb (via click), hemostat

For IPCs:

(after selecting surgery via screwdriver) Attach limb

For replaceing an organic part:

Attach robotic limb directly or select with your stabby tool from surgery list

Internal Organ Mainpulation:

For organics:

Scalpal,Hemostat,retract,saw(head/chest),retract(head/chest),Mainpulate organs,(chest/head:Bonegel,bonset,bongel),cautery.

When you get to the organmainpulation step you have a few options:

Insert an organ (organic or cybernetic implant)

Remove an internal organ by hemostat (if they have a xeno infection, trust me you will find it)

Repair damages (truama kits and naopaste depending on)

to finish when you are done, use a retractor and proceed on.

For IPCs:

Screwdriver,crowbar,Mainpulate

When you get to the IPC mainpulate organs step:

Remove an organ by multitool

Insert an organ with a screwdriver in your ACTIVE hand and the replacement organ in your OFF hand

Insert an MMI/posibrain

repair internal damages with nanopaste

Use a crowbar when you are done

Internal bleeding:

Scalpal,Hemostat,retract,fixovien,caturize.

Shadowling Dethrall:

(slect clense contaiminations) open the head (or chest for IPCS), use a penlight/flash/flashlight,close as normal.

Please note, Surgery steps are subject to change between now and when i get to review stage. Also note: i am making sure this is working as good as i can, but i cannot promise something will not blow up.

Xenobio slime surgery is the same

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, the only thing that acts like it so you can select a surgery is the scalpal/sharp object. all you need is a sharpobject to start (or screwdriver for IPC)

oh thank jesus i love you fethas

And now we wait for Mega Men.

And do IPCs still have the welding thing still or do we have to wear goggles now? I'm fine wearing a mask but just curious oh god don't kill me for asking so many questions

eh thats how it is on live too...i would imagine since a lighter is smaller..where as a welding tool can SET YOU ON FIRE (yed it happend to me once for a ghetto surgery...)

and Sam, it should still be the same but i will double check.

They don't have to be alive to do surgery stuff, correct? So the organ harvest can be real. This should be a random event. A surgeon and/or CMO may be called upon to do some black market stuff.

XENOMORPHS can be cut up for organs but some notes, You need a plasma producing organ to use most powers, and don't try to lay an egg without a HIVENODE in you.

I didn't understand this at all. Of course, cutting up a xeno should have special equipment and protective gear. They should be valuable, indeed.

But does the last part mean ("don't try to lay an egg....") that you implant somebody else with a xeno organ and they get the ability to lay eggs? If so, I don't like it.

Otherwise, I love it. Departments such as medbay need opt-in side projects. Organ harvest rates about right on the creepy and cynicism scale. Being a doctor on a quiet round can be really boring. To be the one to extract queen gel gland from a xeno grandma is way cool.

Also, centcomm gets another range of possible faxes. It may demand xeno parts.... prompting the captain to organize an away party through the gateway.

I came to think of something:

Maybe a low level ling/vamp should be possible to identify using a physical examination. Like shining lights in the eyes or using the stethoscope. It could be randomized, so that putting a suspect through a physical examination wouldn't be a sure fire thing to eliminate someone as a suspect. But it would certainly make sense to ask a doctor to take a look at a suspected ling. And the only way to achieve that in-game is to introduce a possibility for in in-game payoff. It requires a little more thought, though, otherwise every security officer will be carrying a pocket light and a stethoscope, which makes little sense.

if you want to lay an egg, you need a certain part, from a particular caste of xenomorphs..though getting PERMISSION from command to implant yourself with it...is another story.

And somehow, the organ from the acidic circulatory system is compatible with the host physiology? I don't like it. The whole xeno lore is about not being able to separate the jackpot from the monsters. Xeno parts and xeno eggs should be valuable, but only if it comes with the risk of the "domesticated"/incapacitated/incarcerated queen finding a way to breed. Thus, the greed of men spell their doom.

The only difference I see is that implanting objects require you to drill a hole first, right before you implant it. So, scalpel, hemostat, retractor, [saw, retractor if it's chest or head], drill, and close it up i'm a goddamn idiot there is no difference

Edited by Guest

The only difference I see is that implanting objects require you to drill a hole first, right before you implant it. So, scalpel, hemostat, retractor, [saw, retractor if it's chest or head], drill, and close it up

eLw3XUg.png

This is how it's been for a long time.

SURGERYS

As stated, surgerys are started from a list now, the steps if you get lost, will be displayed on the operating computer (that is if you aren't doing this on a table in maintenance)

This also means they are datum based and expandable.

If you need to ABRUPTLY stop a surgery, hold your scalpal and a catuery

If you picked the wrong surgery before the first step, change your intents and click the patient with the tool in hand.

also i am lazy right now so heres the datums for surgery as they are in the code:

I can't quite tell, but this sure sounds like you have to pick the proper surgery from a list before you begin cutting.

But why would you even do that? The beginning initial steps are relatively the same. Once you open up, you can then go about working on everything. Fix vein, organs, bones, cavity....you just do it all in one go if you have to. Having to railroad the surgery process is terrible.

Or are we misinterpreting this?

Err, it's the linear surgery from -tg- right now...

I'd imagine one could get around this by giving each surgery step a list of steps one could do after completing it, so that the structure of surgeries follows a more branching path...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use