Vox Leap

Xantholne

• Readd Vox leap
  • Remove stun or set grab to be basic grab
  • Remove Space proofness from Vox in return for balance

It'll be great I swear. Kill two birbs with one stone. Vox get leap again with some nerfs, and they're no longer spaceproof

• Like 1

This is insane and there's no way it would ev..

19 minutes ago, Xantholne said:

Remove Space proofness from Vox in return for balance

...huh. Now I'm interested.

Still not sure exactly how it would balance out, it'd really depend on how the leap works.

I'd say leap needs limited range, no stun, decent cooldown, nothing more than a basic grab...and which point I'm not seeing it as hugely useful.

My only concern is that they would be a little to underpowered without their space proofing since they have been balanced around that so far, but I haven't really seen the leap so I can't say absolutely. Plus even if they were, we could find otherways to buff them, if its needed of course.

It'd be good for closing down on people or escaping by leaping to another person and makes it so they can't sit in a zero pressure enviroment without a suit for absolutely no reason after doing objectives.

Could be a hand grab after leaping which could make it useful for leaping, stunning, and finishing with an aggro grab. Cooldown wise It'd have to be 30s-1m imo.

A longer cooldown genetics leap :V That way we can jump around for the sake of jumping around.

Edited by Cyiko

I'm with Spark on this one, I will never be for adding old species abilities. All of them were so, so, broken in multiple ways, especially Vox. People like to complain about them now, but back when they had magclaws AND the leap none of them ever bothered leaving the station they were so vastly superior on the ground. *shudder*

On 6/19/2017 at 0:22 AM, shazbot194 said:

I haven't really seen the leap so I can't say absolutely. 

Basically it was a target lock, max range instant leap that put you into aggressive hold automatically. The main reason that vox would stay on station back then instead of going into space, was because of the secret about the leap that everyone tried to keep under wraps. If vox attempted to use the leap on you in space, not only would it automatically fail, but the vox would then go flying past you, and off into space.

Id prefer a balanced version of the leap to be in rather than being space proof, but that's just my opinion. It really depends on how much nerfs would be required to the leap to make it considered balanced in the first place, and would it still be worth it at that point?

1 hour ago, Xantholne said:

They where explained as space resistant, but mechnically it turned into space 'proof'

"Spess is goods, yaya"

Indeed, and i dont thin pigeon will end up well if you throw him out of airlock

On 2017-06-20 at 2:14 AM, McRamon said:

always wondered, how was vox spaceproof explained IC'ly?

"Primalis talons are often cited as being unusually hard, and are often equated with having twice the strength of human bone. While not entirely true, the hardness of the skin on their upper arms and lower legs (along with their talons and the rest of their body) is often attributed to being one of the primary factors in both the survivability and pressure resistance in Primalis Vox."

https://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Vox#Vox_Physiology

Basically they're overly leathery raptor/bird things.

Edited by Shadeykins

17 hours ago, Shadeykins said:

"Primalis talons are often cited as being unusually hard, and are often equated with having twice the strength of human bone. While not entirely true, the hardness of the skin on their upper arms and lower legs (along with their talons and the rest of their body) is often attributed to being one of the primary factors in both the survivability and pressure resistance in Primalis Vox."

https://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Vox#Vox_Physiology

Basically they're overly leathery raptor/bird things.

There's also this:

They appear to have an almost robotic control over their scales and are able to lock them so tightly together that they form a protective 'space suit', allowing them to walk comfortably in zero pressure environments.

13 hours ago, Urlance Woolsbane said:

There's also this:

Bay lore != Paradise lore. If you read the rest of Baylore, Vox are basically fantastical magic bird men - there's a reason that section was removed.

12 minutes ago, Shadeykins said:

Bay lore != Paradise lore. If you read the rest of Baylore, Vox are basically fantastical magic bird men - there's a reason that section was removed.

Quite true, and I'm well aware of that. I just thought it merited a mention, seeing as it was the original justification.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2017 at 9:45 AM, Enginseer-42 said:

To be fair. Human skin is space resistant. You don't just instantly die in space.

Are we talking real life or SS13 life?

Because in real life, you are passed out in 15-30 seconds, and dead in under a minute, even WITH oxygen being pushed into your lungs.

Well the funny thing about in real life even is the sudden pressure change is so drastic without a suit that your lungs would literally explode almost instnatly, causing major blood loss, and many bones would break as well very quickly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use