More greytide gratifying stealables!

Kryson

One of the most enjoyable aspects of the game for me is burglary and theft and items like gilded pens, stamps and ashtrays are all fair game for the enterprising greytider.

The captain's office and quarters have a good amount of cool items to steal such as the bedsheet, soap, flask and genuine Bob Ross painting, but many of the other offices are quite barren unless the person has forgotten to lock his locker.

I just wish these spaces could have a few more ornate fluff items, luxury items or just simply mildly useful but exclusive items that a non antagonist is allowed to steal.

I also wish the we could increase the amount of credits and precious metals in the vault, a few thousand credits and a couple of gold bar seems out of proportion to the level of security. 

Feel free to give your ideas, i will be willing to help sprite if the community thinks this is a decent idea.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Splgrk said:

Agreed on the vault. Mining shovels out gold bars by the dozen, I don't think they should even be in there.

they really only exist in there on the off-chance mining does jack-shit (it happens) and you need gold for virus cure

edit: it is fun to steal the champion belt and then hold your new title.

Edited by ID404NotFound
  • Like 1

Heads could have some meaningless trophies and/or medals. There's a wide range of stuff this could be. They could even be random. Some corporate sport stuff like "2º Place in Basketball in NT Engineering Games", or "3º Place in hokey in the Cyberiad Departmental Games". They could be an award for something the department did that NT considered worthy: "Best NT team in Engine Security"; "Award in Fire Security in Toxins Handling". Medals could be like the medals cap have, but for some minor stuff, like "dep employee of the shift", or "best xenobiologist", etc. 

Also we already have mugs. Maybe you could just spawn the mugs on Heads desks instead of in their lockers. I bet most would just leave them there. 

6 hours ago, ID404NotFound said:

it is fun to steal the champion belt and then hold your new title.

its also fun to perma people for stealing it and have them try to explain to you IC why it is acceptable for them to break into and steal something from what is technically supposed to be the most secure part of the station.

play stupid games, win stupid prizes. honk.

Edited by ZN23X

There is no such thing as Grand Breaking and entering.  It would be Major Trespass which is up to 15 minutes.  If we throw in Theft that's up to another 15, still half what you'd need to perma someone.  They'll probably resist arrest, that's another 5.  And if we throw +25% at them for not cooperating that's 43 minutes and 45 seconds, still not enough for perma. 

Edited by EvadableMoxie
  • Like 1

I have sprited an ornate box, originally intended as a snuffbox(I would like to see nasal or oral snuff be added at some point, but that is for another thread.) What could it contain? I just know i would steal it if i had the chance.

Snuffbox_Red_Gilded.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kryson said:

I have sprited an ornate box, originally intended as a snuffbox(I would like to see nasal or oral snuff be added at some point, but that is for another thread.) What could it contain? I just know i would steal it if i had the chance.

Snuffbox_Red_Gilded.png

I would love a box like that as a fluff item, personalized and all, just dedicated to holding slugs in all sizes and uses.

Then again, i`m a shotgun addict and probably should`nt waltz around with one in the brig on green

• 2 weeks later...

So, to be kind of the no fun allowed police.

Breaking into high security areas as a non-antag is not the kind of thing I think we want to encourage at scale.

6 hours ago, Allfd said:

Breaking into high security areas as a non-antag is not the kind of thing I think we want to encourage at scale.

Thats why we place all the cool stuff in no security areas! ME BREAK GLASS ME TAKE BELT

15 hours ago, Allfd said:

Breaking into high security areas isn't the issue, it's what people decide to do WHILE in that room. For example, breaking into the captain's quarter is OK. Stealing the bedsheet from their bedroom is OK. Taking the antique gun is not OK. Taking the hand tele is not OK. Breaking into high security rooms doesn't detriment anyone's round:it might just end up fucking you over instead, but taking actual steal objectives from the traitor AND the rightful owner is scummy. 

• clown 1

2 hours ago, Fursamie said:

Breaking into high security areas isn't the issue, it's what people decide to do WHILE in that room. For example, breaking into the captain's quarter is OK. Stealing the bedsheet from their bedroom is OK. Taking the antique gun is not OK. Taking the hand tele is not OK. Breaking into high security rooms doesn't detriment anyone's round:it might just end up fucking you over instead, but taking actual steal objectives from the traitor AND the rightful owner is scummy. 

OK,  so If I see any non-antags doing this, I am going to assume they are self antaging and if they cant offer an amazing RP explanation of why they were breaking two major laws under space law (in the same 3xx category as beating someone into crit) they will end up with a warning on first offence and depending on notes, I may ban them.

Yeah for clarification,  its very context dependent.

On slow rounds, especially if you ahelp, you are going to get an amazing amount of latitude in thieving.  

The problem is, most people go full tide on red alert.  When security is too busy dealing with the actual antags to respond to the break in and an officer getting his taser and baton stolen.

Even if no major thefts occurred, I have been disappointed many times when ghosting.  We fly around and watch, especially if things look like antag activity.  This is not to catch people, its because its more interesting to watch.

I have seen plenty of breakins, long security chases with much disarm spam and a ton of officers.  Finally they get the tide, I go back to watching antags and then... without warning...

*bwoink*

New admin ticket #99999
admin help:  rando/(Gary Tideingson)  Can security just arrest me for slipping a person on a banana peel? 
Alffd (adminsay) .... Fuuuuuuuu.
PM to rando:  They arrested you for slipping someone?
rando: Yeah, not even them just someone in the hallway.  It was in self defense
PM to rando:  Was it an officer?
rando: How does that matter.

Alffd (adminsay)......
PM to rando:  Stations on red.
rando:  Yeah but they just tased me without even saying anything.
PM to rando: I thought you slipped them?
rando: Yeah but they were already trying to tase me
PM to rando: was it because you were running away with them with the captains chain of command from a hole you made into their office with thermite?

rando: Where does it say I can't do that?

Alffd (adminsay) jklfdssa;ljkvdafsu4q4r324fgv82kt5b4g2t45
PM to rando: OK look, thats self-antaging your notes say you have a long history of this.  The last note says to ban you again if this happens, but that was like, a week ago so I am just going to give you another final warning.
rando: YOU ARE ALL JUST POWER TRIPPING!  THIS IS WHY REDDIT HATES YOU, SECURITY WAS YOUR METABUDDY FURRY FRIENDS!

Alffd closes ticket #99999
Alffd added a note to Rando:  Makes super salty ahelps after being arrested for tiding hard.  They have a long history of notes including multiple final warnings within this month for exactly this.  If they do anything like it again, ban them.

• honk 2

9 hours ago, Allfd said:

OK,  so If I see any non-antags doing this, I am going to assume they are self antaging and if they cant offer an amazing RP explanation of why they were breaking two major laws under space law (in the same 3xx category as beating someone into crit) they will end up with a warning on first offence and depending on notes, I may ban them.

"Minor criminal activity is allowed as a Non-Antagonist. However, it will be considered Self-Antagging if it negatively affects a significant portion of the crew, or is done without any reasonable IC justification and/or provocation;","Actively diverting Security personnel and resources away from an active and direct Antagonist threat in order to deal with you and your actions will be considered Self-Antagging;". TECHNICALLY it is against the rules so... fuck

• Like 1

So if you do want to do it, just ahelp first.  Worst thing that can happen is you get a no.

My general intervention plan for self-antaging that is not violent or seriously screwing over someones round is to look the other way assuming.

1) No salting over ahelp when caught by security

2) No salting over LOOC (This is worse then ahelps, I can brush off salt in ahelps with no issue, you don't get to mess with other players)

3) No screams of shitcurity or about security taking your voxygen, don't disarm spam and disposal their stun baton, I will not be impressed by your robustness.

4) Nobody ahelps it.

If you don't think you can go with out 3/4 ahelp first. 

While making more opportunities for tiding way ups the chaos and should probably not be endorsed, but we are far looser on tiding then we could be.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use