New Antag: The Yin

HugoLuman

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well the bad news is we've got a feature freeze, no new feature PRs allowed until possibly 2017. The good news is, this is a good opporunity to rebase my branch and keep updating without having to worry about new features that break everything

• 3 months later...

God, this looks really nice. I wish you great success with the coding. Looks like you have found some coders helping you. This is a good sign for this project. Keep up the good work :D

• 3 weeks later...

I have officially begun work on these again.

After updating the code to match the present codebase, I've noted three issues to work on:

Runtimes when switching perspective between worm and humanoid

Surgically inserting the yin back into a humanoid shell still does not work

Icons for non-humanoid yin shells do not update correctly

https://github.com/HugoLuman/Paradise/tree/YinNew

I have officially begun work on these again.

After updating the code to match the present codebase, I've noted three issues to work on:

Runtimes when switching perspective between worm and humanoid

Surgically inserting the yin back into a humanoid shell still does not work

Icons for non-humanoid yin shells do not update correctly

https://github.com/HugoLuman/Paradise/tree/YinNew

Glad to hear it! I'm looking forward to reading over the proper PR someday.

I've had more thoughts on how the roundtype might work:

Victory Conditions:

YIN MAJOR VICTORY if they have certain structures built and fully operational on the station z level, and possibly a certain number of slaves/resources, and possibly if they have destroyed/subverted/banished the AI

CREW MAJOR VICTORY if the Yin Controller pod is destroyed or if all Yin are killed/incapacitated

YIN MINOR VICTORY if the crew escapes, abandoning the station to the Yin but denying full optimization of available resources from slaves

No one wins the the station is destroyed

Dynamics:

The yin will need to build up resources, most likely by cannibalizing the station and/or hijacking mining. They can gain benefits by building certain structures, possibly giving them a research dynamic similar to Science or Cult (in the context of doing certain processes to acquire new capabilities). These could be new equipment for Yinfiltraters/Yinslaved (humanoids), upgrades to the base capabilities of the various shells, or other buffs. There could be a balance between producing expensive Invader shells and not having as much tech to fall into station hands or producing small arms for the humanoids but creating more samples for the crew to steal.

The crew may be able to create new countermeasures by acquiring samples of Yin tech and researching them, most likely taking the form of defenses, gaining access to Yin comms, and ways to help the yinslaved.

• 2 weeks later...

I've solved a couple bugs and fleshed out the HUDs for the yin and their shells a bit. Also, the Yinvader shells have some animations for situations now, such a powering on/off, dying, and gibbing

7sI78aG.gif

Updating checklist of things to do:

-Finish Yinvader shields

-Fix runtime when Yin eject from or are dismembered out of Yinfiltrator shells

-Solve Yinvader icon update bugs

-Implement tool selection in HUD of Yinvader shells (could very much use some help on that front)

-Create the engineering shells and give them a cool name

-Create the Yin Controller shell and all the necessary HUD, view, and roundtype code for it

-Finish the Yinslaved. Figure out how to work their icons, including inheriting clothing fit sprites from their original species, create the organs/implants they need for mechanics

-Playtest and balance

• 3 months later...

this is something i would like to see in this game! but, i think that they need a master, like one "king or one queen", to coordinate their movements

How about the leader being called the overseer, It would add more to the whole enslaving the station feel and once it dies a message will pop up saying that they are free until another overseer is made. Also, could slaves be made with an implant too to allow some of them to be saved?

This is just awesome. I was kicking around some ideas last night and this is really inspiring. Thanks for all your hard work, can't wait to see how it all works out!

• 2 months later...
On 5/12/2017 at 2:19 PM, scrubmcnoob said:

@HugoLumanyou still working on these things?

On and off. Life keeps getting in the way but I've come across another stretch of time in which I can \o/

To solve a long-standing issue with the pilot creatures, I'm going to refactor how their creature vs organ status works. When its time to switch from one to the other, rather than creating/destroying new instances, they'll be swapped between each others' inventories.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use