FoS

FoS

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooohhh is very yaya arts, liking very much. Is ok use for me picture avatar thingies yaya?

Sorry, no. All the vox I've drawn belong to myself or other people.

I love the colors.

Thanks! I like using obnoxious amounts of color. :D

FoS, what's your Vox's name on the server?

Kikiya is a Cargo Tech. She likes cute hats, milkshakes and trading for cool stuff. Also, pineapple.

Edited by Guest

How much have you ever played a Paramedivox, FoS? With how much I see you dragging dead and/or dying fools around, it seems like it would be an okay fit for you...

How much have you ever played a Paramedivox, FoS? With how much I see you dragging dead and/or dying fools around, it seems like it would be an okay fit for you...

Not much interest in playing paramedic honestly. I do have a medical character but I don't play them often unless i know at least one other person who's in medical. It's just too frustrating to play a department and end up feeling like no one else knows what they're doing. Y'know...for example...

"What's this, someone with internal bleeding and a ruptured lung? Throw them in cryo and never check on them!"

"A vox? It's ok, we can clone them later"

"Morgue tray lights are just for show, they don't mean anything"

"Here, eat this styptic powder pill! I'm a doctor, i know what i'm doing!"

That's kinda where paramedic splits off from the rest of the department, though. You're there to go out into the rest of the station to keep people alive, and if they're too bad off, THEN you take them to the rest of the docs.

Mostly, paramedics are there to try and make sure people aren't so injured that they have to go see the doctors who practice those examples you gave...

They also get a very nice looking blue outfit with vest

Paramedic's fun as hell. You get into some intense situations, and you're never sitting around bored unless you choose to pick a spot and rest to chat. Doctor with room to breathe, license to sprint and no responsibility to the ORs!

Blue-quilled running doctor of many medkits! Always satisfying.

That's kinda where paramedic splits off from the rest of the department, though. You're there to go out into the rest of the station to keep people alive, and if they're too bad off, THEN you take them to the rest of the docs.

Mostly, paramedics are there to try and make sure people aren't so injured that they have to go see the doctors who practice those examples you gave...

They also get a very nice looking blue outfit with vest

My problem is that I feel bad when people have to deal with being dead forever because medical is being shitty. So i end up picking up the slack when it isn't even my job to do so. Nothing sucks more than waiting around for a doctor to fix an injury and then needing surgery for deadly infections because everyone was "too busy" pretending to be busy to help people before their small problems become deadly ones. I would be a terrible paramedic. I would spend too much time in medbay.

The best thing you can do as Para as you drag someone in is assess whether or not your presence elsewhere is immediately required, and based on that gauge how much you can intervene in the treatment of the patient you just delivered to medbay

If you DO have to split to get someone else, you can atleast give the person you dropped off a fighting chance by dragging them straight into cloning, genetics, reporting their arrival in detail, etc. Busy busy busy!

Haven't had too many super hectic paramedic rounds recently so I don't think that'd happen to often, but you can find solace in knowing that you did what you could without sacrificing another player's experience (if you had someone else to attend to).

After playing it so long you sort of tune out to it anyway, it just becomes something you acknowledge but rarely worry over

It's super easy to get caught up in individual situations and as Para it's just something that you can't afford to do as much as traditional Doc'

• 2 weeks later...

Nien's fault

Durr.png?raw=1

I never really asked but do you care if I use this for things such as an avatar?

You can if you want.

• 4 weeks later...

Clown Spiders

clownspiderz.png?raw=1

Clown spiders you say? They look better than these abominations I made.

UKoPxw8.png

Edit: What in the world do you use to view your sprites like that? A bit more large and presentable compared to the raw image presented by the DMI.

Edit: What in the world do you use to view your sprites like that? A bit more large and presentable compared to the raw image presented by the DMI.

Make cute image of sprites

Open in Photoshop (I use CS6)

Image -> Image Size

Change from pixels to percent (usually 200-300 percent is good)

Switch from bicubic automatic/etc to Nearest Neighbor -> hit ok.

Copypaste normal sized sprites onto hyoooge sprite sheet + save.

Yaaaay

Not sure if possible or similar on other programs but yeah. I do all my sprites in CS6 and import them after to a DMI.

Make cute image of sprites

Open in Photoshop (I use CS6)

Image -> Image Size

Change from pixels to percent (usually 200-300 percent is good)

Switch from bicubic automatic/etc to Nearest Neighbor -> hit ok.

Copypaste normal sized sprites onto hyoooge sprite sheet + save.

Yaaaay

Not sure if possible or similar on other programs but yeah. I do all my sprites in CS6 and import them after to a DMI.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use