FoS

FoS

I originally sprited them to be reptillian, you can sort of see it a lot better in the updated armalis sprite.

armalis.png

They do have quills on their heads, but I meant those to be more like porcupine quills. All of this said, though, that's Baylore not Paradise lore, and your interpretation is adorable.

Ah! Those are really awesome sprites! Is the cocoa color along their head/back also quills or are quills exclusively on their head? It'd look pretty awesome to have a threat display that involves lifting little quill/scales like that. I haven't really played this for too terribly long and I am not familiar with Baylore at all save for little snippets I've heard here and there. Vox are your creation (aaah, so many vox related questions now)? They're certainly my favorite and I'm sorry if I've interpreted them in an entirely different and possibly too cute and bird-like direction from what you intended.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The idea of there being 'wrong' interpretations of SS13 lore is a bit naff honestly, it's an open project - even if I didn't like your version it wouldn't be reasonable to storm into someone's art thread on another server/codebase entirely and have a fit about how you're drawing shitbirds. :D

The original lore writeup had vox flashing 'neck-markings' and splaying/bristling their quills as aggression markers, it didn't seem to make it into the actual roleplay on server for the most part though. Re: quills and whatnot, I quite liked the way Kocoa drew the armalis (this pic here), and always thought that the smaller vox had something similar going on.

• 2 weeks later...

Too many spooky ghosts. None of this makes annny sense.

Also, too many quick sketchy doodles while waiting for things.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Made a little sprite image with some of the stuff i've done so far. Not everything but..some lil' pixels

`

Edited by Guest

I'm curious, have you thought of trying to sprite a kimono FoS? It may be an interesting little project

`

something like this?

Also unrelated, random plasma critter i made up last week.

`

Edited by Guest

Ooo, cute plasma critter.

Thaanks.

Do you like caterpillars?

`

Edited by Guest

Bumblebuzzers are always nice little things, just gotta watch out for those hornets and/or wasps. Also that stealth suit concept reminds me of Tron, for some very odd reason

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use