add a counter to the desword

Coldflame

title, someone with a desword and flashbang protection is basically invincible unless you powergame with lances

inb4 'salty', being unhappy something overpowered killed you doesn't make it not overpowered

• Like 1
  • toolbox 1
  • Salt 4

18 minutes ago, Birdtalon said:

Objectively false. There's plenty of ways to take down a desword user.

as far as I'm aware the counters are:

-be lucky

-use slips (unless they took basic steps to counter that)

-use flashbang (unless they took basic steps to counter that)

-use the hilariously overpowered explosive lance

-use the hilariously overpowered space lube

correct me if i missed any

1 minute ago, Coldflame said:

-be lucky

You missed a lot

3 minutes ago, BrandonSacawv said:

Add any ballistic or thrown weapon to the counters.

it blocks ballistics on an rng chance  (see "Be Lucky") and no thrown weapon achieves much bar lances 

1 hour ago, Coldflame said:

-be lucky

Be lucky applies to so much of the game anyway.

Just throwing spears and getting several good hits is going to hurt them if not break something if it embeds.
Buckshot is one of the best options because you are firing more projectiles so you're going to get more chances to hit.
Anything to ignite the person as they will have to either tank the burn or stop to deal with it.
Fastmos can be exploited super easily if you have magboots.
Flashbang is super good if you're working with others. Activate it and run adjacent to them, super hard for them to protect against a close flashbang. You may tank some damage but your team should be able to clean up, if they run away throw the flashbang at the last second and you may get lucky.
Exploit the fact they have to have it in two hands at all time, don't panic and spam lasers at them, keep them at range and draw them somewhere where you have better odds. They can only deal damage to you when adjacent, the moment they put the sword away to take out a ranged weapon they're vulnerable.

If someone has completely prepped themselves to deal with all counters, and spent the TC on a double esword, why do you think you should be able to easily counter them?

As others said, use lube. Lube in a spray bottle never goes out of style. Throw in some CFL3 if it's nukies.

Energy Bolas, buckshots, dragonbreath, lube, teargas, flashbangs, the clown

• honk 1

Theres a way you can counter buckshot, lube, teargas, and bolas I think. If you use a uplink inplant as a nukie, you don't get a nukie implant, instead you get a standard traitor uplink from that you can buy sleeping carp. Enjoy even more nerfing need.

Blow them up. Let's see if they can still deflect the explosion blast radius.

Fuel tank won't really kill them but guaranteed satisfying chance of long term injury, stun and limb loss.

But if you really hate them so much then go with Toxin bomb and pretend you didn' think about collateral damage ahead and gibbing people with it. *cough

On 6/5/2018 at 10:12 PM, miniusAreas said:

Theres a way you can counter buckshot, lube, teargas, and bolas I think. If you use a uplink inplant as a nukie, you don't get a nukie implant, instead you get a standard traitor uplink from that you can buy sleeping carp. Enjoy even more nerfing need.

The uplink polls the gamemode, so this is patently untrue.

I have tested and verified this myself, you can't do this whatsoever. Even if it wasn't the case you shouldn't be encouraging people to exploit.

I've literally taken down desword users with nothing but a baton and bolas. If you can't manage it

>git gud

Sec has a massive arsenal to deal with them. If they have a bowman and sechud, you can still pepper spray them. If they are wearing a mask, you have bolas. The clown and janitor have slip items you can easily commandeer, not to mention BEAR TRAPS. If there is a miner get their KA, it ignores the block rate and just aim for a hand till it breaks while kiting. Non-sec can throw crap, use pneumatic cannons, disarm spam in groups to keep flanking, or just literally throw someone at the desworder to garuntee knock them down and allow you to run up and snag the sword or just pummel the tator tot into oblivion. What the hell is with the nerf frenzy on paradise trying to hugbox items that have literally been in the game for years.

Edited by davidchan
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, davidchan said:

just literally throw someone at the desworder to garuntee knock them down and allow you to run up and snag the sword or just pummel the tator tot into oblivion.

...that's just genius. I used to think anything is a weapon in the hands of the crew. Now I realise it's anything and anyone.

13 hours ago, Malphystoh said:

I bet that was madness! I've considered trying the ebow edagger :3 but I'd need to practice switching hands rapidly 

Can't you just press X in hotkey mode to switch hands?

31 minutes ago, necaladun said:

...that's just genius. I used to think anything is a weapon in the hands of the crew. Now I realise it's anything and anyone.

The real reason why officers are told to patrol in pairs ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use