NERF STUNS

trexter555

Instead of telescopic batons, stun batons, and improvised stun batons being a guaranteed instant stun, make it have a chance not to stun. Armor increases the chance that it doesn't stun. It doesn't make sense that a greytide with a tiny telecopic baton can instantly stun a nukeop with full armor. It's balanced in my opinion. If not this, then atleast disable full hardsuits getting stunned with them.

3 minutes ago, Cupcakes_n_Hacksaws said:

If you're getting stunned as a nukie, get an adren implant. Or a borg, or a mech. Or just shoot everyone that rushes you.

But still, it doesn't make sense that something little like a telescopic baton can instantly stun a full hardsuit wearing nuke ops.

Hello, I hate instastun.

Having it run off of RNG to not hit is really... ehhhh.

And, really, as a nukie all you need to block against that is an eshield/ esword/ adrenal implant.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending instastuns, but this isn't the way to fix it.

And the other antags? Telebatons are often used to chainstun-drag people to security, or to keep them down for maybe a minute whilst someone else gets cuffs, or for stripping people whilst keeping them locked. Telebatons are for self defence, and could do with a duration nerf. Telebaton and run away; that should be the use of it.

Then this seems more an issue with telebatons rather than a stun itself.

As it stands, making stuns work off the basis of RnG is horrible and will make this game the ever more luck based which we want to steer away from.

There are varying ways for antags to counter stuns. The antag in question just needs to employ different methods to negate the stun's overall effectiveness.

Marginally increase the telebaton stun time and increase it's cooldown time by a full second.

Easy solution, though honestly a telebaton can't consistently keep someone down anyways.

• 1 month later...

The best with Xcom is when you would be aiming at an alien in front of you and manage to hit and kill the 2 of your soldiers that are behind you lmao

That freaking game...

I am curious why we don't just make all the stun stuff work like the disabler.

Turn all hybrid tasers into disablers, lower the fire rate, and make all the stunsticks require a double tap.

You'd probably see riot shotguns used WITHOUT changing the rounds to lethal if that happens.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Love-To-Hug said:

There has actually been alot of discussion for this lately. For everything that stuns or knocks down. Including disarm.

I like what @Love-To-Hug has suggested. I imagine flashes/pepperspray will become more heavily relied on to get your two baton hits in while a suspect is blinded. Telescopic baton should probably still be one-hit, but shorten the knockdown by half a second or so. Stun prods should probably take a full 3 jabs to down a target, but for a few extra second because the power cell is less restricted or whatever.

This, if implemented will be a major change in direction for para, and will increase difficulty for sec/antags. I don't think that's a bad thing however.

Edited by SomeGuy9283
muh grammar

On 15/04/2017 at 8:00 AM, Love-To-Hug said:

Turn all hybrid tasers into disablers, lower the fire rate, and make all the stunsticks require a double tap.

You'd probably see riot shotguns used WITHOUT changing the rounds to lethal if that happens.

We actually had almost exactly this come up in game a while ago (one year? more than that, maybe just under 2) when we temporally switched to a halloss or something system where all stuns worked like disablers, ie: like you'd expect a shocky stick to actually work. @Spacemanspark was around then and probably well remembers the salt threads.

The net result was stuns were more difficult to actually get but lasted longer and were generally more debilitating if you actually managed to get there, albeit due to how it worked was incredibly easy to cheese with certain tactics/chems (TABLES) but made for better combat flow overall IMO, though as you can imagine fans of the golden bolt weren't too happy. Eventually enough fuss was kicked up and a plebiscite happened, naturally the shitty compromise option came out on top and we've been stick with it ever since.

If people are really after a new stun system don't get your hopes up, bear in mind everything would need rebalancing due to how stun being king has shaped the balance of nigh everything since. That and the powers that be love love winsticks for some reason.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 15.04.2017 at 8:13 AM, EvadableMoxie said:

Czh3blo.gif

Goodness gracious, xcom would be better off hiring stormtroopers, even they dont shoot that badly. Also which one this gif comes from

Edited by adamkad1

On 4/15/2017 at 6:25 AM, ZN23X said:

There has actually been alot of discussion for this lately. For everything that stuns or knocks down. Including disarm.

except then you start treading on vampires and shadowpeople, and we dont need to make slings any stronger than they already are, compared to security , considering they can already just thrall you through a mindshield with a small delay.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use