Diversifying the races

Purpose2

Lot o` stuff I agree with.

I say a "Big Yes" to most of the thing you said,

ex. when you get EMPd,you get stunned long enough to let someone cuff you remove your headset twice or more and your optical sensor glitches for a long time, but not only your optical sensor even your movement gets strange, you`re gonna move like if you were"Drunk"

(They still need roboticists for heavy damages,but it`s pretty rare that it happens atleast for me).

You`ve to remember that IPCs got Mass Produced, so they won`t be so "Resistant" because probably cheap materials`ve been used (unless the NSS IPCs are special IPCs).

I mean, they`re still made of metal so the Burn/Brute damage I still think is too much, a buff is still needed for the IPCs.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I found it that it take a lot longer for IPC to be revived or healed from noob players, for what data I gathered it takes 5 to 15 min longer due to being left in the med bay for most of the time, and then lazy people who don't want to do the work of repairing the IPC.

Well I found it that it take a lot longer for IPC to be revived or healed from noob players, for what data I gathered it takes 5 to 15 min longer due to being left in the med bay for most of the time, and then lazy people who don't want to do the work of repairing the IPC.

Most of the times, they take their time to revive me/us (10/15 minutes even more) if they fail, they leave me/us in a corner, until the shift ends....

or they pull me/us to medbay... (Anyway, I rarely die so it`s not a problem for me)

Anyway IPCs are too weak,IPC means Integrated Paper-Positronic Chassis...

(Life of an IPC)

I'd like to err on the side of IPCs being weak instead of overpowered. Making them more resilient to damage is not a change I'd be up for (Also I think it's 1.5x damage, not 2x). If they were to get a buff in any way (aside from an EMP change), I'd just like to be able to re-attach my own limbs, somehow. Hobbling around the ship and trying to find someone to re-attach can be tedious. Sometimes it's just finding a guy, pointing at him and saying "HEY, YOU. Hold this screwdriver and re-attach my limbs! I can tell you how!" But I can see how that might be a little outrageous to go from no legs and one arm and near crit to back to 100% with enough time and resources.

I'd like to err on the side of IPCs being weak instead of overpowered. Making them more resilient to damage is not a change I'd be up for (Also I think it's 1.5x damage, not 2x). If they were to get a buff in any way (aside from an EMP change), I'd just like to be able to re-attach my own limbs, somehow. Hobbling around the ship and trying to find someone to re-attach can be tedious. Sometimes it's just finding a guy, pointing at him and saying "HEY, YOU. Hold this screwdriver and re-attach my limbs! I can tell you how!" But I can see how that might be a little outrageous to go from no legs and one arm and near crit to back to 100% with enough time and resources.

it`s 2x I think, anyway IPCs should just get 1.2x damage not 2x, and I mean, it`s very hard to find someone to reattach your limbs.. anyway you don`t need a screwdriver to attach a limb.. Anyway I agree with that you said.. if there was going to be a buff IPCs being able to attach their limbs would be great.

Well if we done that then I say that if they can put their on limbs back on then they get hit with a small debuff of slower speed if legs and if arms a small % to drop items, and small bit of damage to that limb that they put back on by them selfs, so what you guys think about that?

Well if we done that then I say that if they can put their on limbs back on then they get hit with a small debuff of slower speed if legs and if arms a small % to drop items, and small bit of damage to that limb that they put back on by them selfs, so what you guys think about that?

Nope.

Holyass wrote:

Yes

dadols wrote:

It`s 2x I think, anyway IPCs should just get 1.2x damage not 2x, and I mean, it`s very hard to find someone to reattach your limbs.. anyway you don`t need a screwdriver to attach a limb.. Anyway I agree with that you said.. if there was going to be a buff IPCs being able to attach their limbs would be great.

Yes to that, too

• 2 weeks later...

Holyass wrote:

Yes

dadols wrote:

It`s 1.5x I think, anyway IPCs should just get 1.2x damage not 1.5x, and I mean, it`s very hard to find someone to reattach your limbs.. anyway you don`t need a screwdriver to attach a limb.. Anyway I agree with that you said.. if there was going to be a buff IPCs being able to attach their limbs would be great.

Yes to that, too

Anyway , Like I said "it`s very hard to find someone to reattach your limbs", Why should We add a nerf everytime a Buff gets added?

We should be able to reattach our limbs, but it`s going to take a lot of time,like 1/2 minutes? And lower the damage bonus to 1.25x

I take the exact opposite perspective, Dadols. The primary diversity of races, in my opinion, should come from their debuffs, not their buffs. I'd be fine with IPCs taking damage like wet tissue paper, taking the multiplier to insane levels like x3, but being able to be put back together fairly easily like they are now. Just because a race has a downside without a balancing upside does not mean it is a bad race, it just forces players who use that race to adopt a different playstyle to compensate - thus giving the player a bit of a subconscious sway to act occasionally wildly different from humans.

I take the exact opposite perspective, Dadols. The primary diversity of races, in my opinion, should come from their debuffs, not their buffs. I'd be fine with IPCs taking damage like wet tissue paper, taking the multiplier to insane levels like x3, but being able to be put back together fairly easily like they are now. Just because a race has a downside without a balancing upside does not mean it is a bad race, it just forces players who use that race to adopt a different playstyle to compensate - thus giving the player a bit of a subconscious sway to act occasionally wildly different from humans.

100%

One of the best parts of being a Vox when they were introduced was the comradery that would develop from attempting to avoid medbay at all costs.

Going to medbay for anything at all could end up killing you with no chance of revival.

Which brings us right back around to Skrell and Vulpkanin who don't have any weaknesses to speak of, Vulps even get free darkvision and sharp claws.

Make Vulps react to chocolate the same way Skrells react to alcohol

Which brings us right back around to Skrell and Vulpkanin who don't have any weaknesses to speak of, Vulps even get free darkvision and sharp claws.

Make Vulps react to chocolate the same way Skrells react to alcohol

It would be different, caffeine would be much more effective on Vulps if we went this route in terms of all it's effects up until heart failure.

So both a buff and debuff?

I think people are vastly overestimating IPC self repair. It's only slightly better than using bruise/trauma/burn packs and ointment. You still have target every zone specifically to heal it. But you don't get to use food/nutriment healing, nor does any of the miracle drugs in medical effect you. And it's not even like that self repair is passive like Diona healing, last I checked Diona can light candles in their bag to heal themselves and can't be extinguished without stealing their bag, even by shadowlings. If IPCs had a constant selfheal of 1-2 burn and brute every minute I could understand the hate they get, but otherwise it's a very inconvenient way to heal and even brief exposure to space can take a minute or two to heal every last bit of your body. And if a limb or area gets 'broken' they can't utilize a splint to minimize the effect, they can't even repair a broken limb like a normal person can heal a broken limb to minimize the pain/overall damage.

As for Vulps, they need to lose night vision, it doesn't even make sense as most species of Canine have terrible night vision and even species adapted for nocturnal activity have better night sight than humans. Which really isn't even getting to how dogs are red-green colorblind as well.

Chocolate is rare enough that it's hardly a debuff, even when you consider Skrell don't have any buffs to begin with and their alcohol vulnerability has been toned down from literally toxic to lightweights who get drunk off a shot of tequila.

I think people are vastly overestimating IPC self repair. It's only slightly better than using bruise/trauma/burn packs and ointment. You still have target every zone specifically to heal it. But you don't get to use food/nutriment healing, nor does any of the miracle drugs in medical effect you. And it's not even like that self repair is passive like Diona healing, last I checked Diona can light candles in their bag to heal themselves and can't be extinguished without stealing their bag, even by shadowlings. If IPCs had a constant selfheal of 1-2 burn and brute every minute I could understand the hate they get, but otherwise it's a very inconvenient way to heal and even brief exposure to space can take a minute or two to heal every last bit of your body. And if a limb or area gets 'broken' they can't utilize a splint to minimize the effect, they can't even repair a broken limb like a normal person can heal a broken limb to minimize the pain/overall damage.

On top of this IPC Self-repair was nerfed recently as it is (Albeit a small one)

If they use Welders/Cables on themselves, it is no longer an instant application but has the same use time as someone applying gauze an ointment on themselves.

So you not only have to target every single part individually, but each application takes 3-5 seconds. It's not like they can just instantly be made whole once more nowadays even if they have the welder/coils to do it.

To clarify, what I said earlier was not to imply that racial strengths shouldn't exist, just that they shouldn't completely offset their weaknesses without very clever play. For example, if Greys had the ability to make illusions of objects, but took more brute damage and dealt less melee damage, they could, with preparation and circumstance, seem far more well equipped to handle a situation than they are, providing a cover for their weaknesses without actually minimizing them.

Races that are intended to be more human can still be quite human without losing this weakness/benefit balance. For example, the mostly-human Vulpkanin could have a similar colourblind overlay to the detective's glasses, but without blood highlighting. Otherwise the same as humans. This gives them a weakness, technically without a benefit, but this weakness isn't nearly as pronounced as, for example, a 2.5x damage multiplier on IPCs - Not only that, but it gives some interesting roleplay/gameplay interactions, such as a vulpkanin not being able to tell from what species a blood pool comes from.

hey didnt I suggest that minor illusion thing? but anyway I actually really like the idea of vulps being color blind.

I do also, I would leave in the ability to see blood and tell type and call it smell.

Much easier then coding smell.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use