Suggestion: Please add sunglasses to the loadout menu

CapFlareGun

The reason sunglasses are hard to find is because otherwise security's flashes would be truly useless, and flash bangs and pepper spray would be far less effective.

Their being difficult to obtain is intentional and justified.

Flash protection is irrelevant these days. Flashes aren't turbo stuns like they used to be, they only confuse and annoy people. Why the hell NVSechuds had their flash protection removed is beyond me when the welder implant is even better and can be grouped up with one.

Adding sunglasses and prescription sunglasses to the loadouts wouldn't be a major effect to balance, the only time I see Sec using flashes is against borgs, against carbon mobs they always go straight to the taser or stunbaton. And I don't even know the last time I saw someone use pepper spray despite it's abundance on the station, I'm actually kinda shocked we don't allow mace as a self defence weapon seeings how half the masks seem to block its effectst.

No

We're not adding anything to the loadout menu that could have an effect of gameplay in terms of balance, no matter how minor some people claim it to be

Big no on this one.

Just invalidates one of security's tools (as well as the heads tools) to defend themselves, and encourages people to use more violent means to subdue/get away from people.

Okay, how about plastic sunglasses that are only identifiable on examining them?

No flash protection, but you can trick security into thinking you have some. I personally don't see any issues with that, flashes are useless enough as it is.

Actual sunglasses on demand/spawn: No way, The loadout is meant for purely aesthetic or fluff item stuff, nto to have any real impact on the game itself, even the starter pAI was removed for that reason.

Now a set of faux sunglasses that had the style an look, but not the functionality, I'd be more then okay with. we already have fake changeling arm blades an fake out Disintegrate spells an stuff, so a set of fake sunglasses should be passable.

No

We're not adding anything to the loadout menu that could have an effect of gameplay in terms of balance, no matter how minor some people claim it to be

Maybe just aesthetic glasses that dont change gameplay, they are just for looks but dont do anything

Sunglasses also prevent revs from converting you. Rev would be completely killed if everyone had sunglasses for free.

(Yes I know rev isn't in rotation but it's something to consider)

No

Maybe just aesthetic glasses that dont change gameplay, they are just for looks but dont do anything

It be cool if most of them fixes being nearsighted because its pretty rare to stumble upon thise

I am entirely for aestetic sunglasses. It's probably easy to add so I might try and make a PR for it as well but that will be for a later day unless someone else is earlier.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use