Supply Job SOP --- Complete!

TullyBBurnalot

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QMs are going to ignore this.

And get fired if they slack off too much.

So, it takes nuke ops or a blob for QMs to consider efficiency/expediency to be more important than the creation of paperwork?

Actually, that would explain a lot about how QMs operate.

Well, first off, not all QMs are Walter Auman. Most QMs will either just give you stuff, or ask for a small signature or minor form.

And, well... yeah. Unless there's a major emergency and "WE NEED THIS NOW OR ELSE BAD THINGS HAPPEN", why not have paperwork?

This is MedRP, after all.

If it is that big of an emergency, it might be best to leave it up to them what they do with it. There may not be a brig left to bring it to, and they require a sec ID to unlock it anyway.

Leaving it "up to them" will result in Cargo arming themselves up and giving guns to the Greytide.

I'd rather Security get the pick of it first, as they are the ones who are INTENDED to receive these crates.

That said, you raise a fair point with the whole "Brig destroyed" thing, so I'll replace "Brig" with "Security".

I would add "unless there is an abundance of supply points and nobody else is ordering anything" to this.

By abundance, I'm going to say... above 500 points? Seems fair enough. In addition to a caveat about not wasting all of them. Something like:

Exception is made if there are more than 500 Supply Requisition Points available and no outstanding orders. Cargo Technicians may not deplete the entire stock of Requisition Points with this.

Next up.

In short, cargo techs must actually perform a useful function?

That is the point of SOP, after all. Just specifying what people should be doing so now they can point at the list and go "Is do that yaya".

"Inside the crate".

I'd love to say this wouldn't be necessary.

Sadly... *scribbles*

Good.

It used to say primed Gibtonite, before I realized "Oh wait".

This seems oddly specific. Still, I guess the line has to be drawn somewhere.

1000 points is bare minimum. IE, enough to print out upgrades, but not enough to have a comfortable margin.

How will individual shaft miners' contributions be distinguished from each other?

That... is actually a valid question.

Well, if a miner is suspected to not have done anything, the QM can always ask to see the amount of points on their ID or, alternatively, the gear they bought.

Do they normally bring hostile creatures? I would think if they were truly hostile, they'd kill the miner long before the miner got them all the way to the main station.

Unless miners have some way to be immune to their effects that I'm not aware of?

I legit have no clue how that first part got in there. I'll change it to Xenos only.

Added:

The Quartermaster is not to keep any illegal items that are flushed down Disposals, and must deliver them to Security. The same applies for Cargo Technicians and Shaft Miners;

The Quartermaster is not permitted to hack the MULE Delivery Bots so that they may ride them, or that they may go faster. The same applies for Cargo Technicians and Shaft Miners;

To QM SOP.

Cargo Technicians are not permitted to utilize Emitters to break open crates. The same applies to the Quartermaster;

How about "are not permitted to break open locked crates" period? Don't lasers, eguns, and kinetic accelerators bust open crates too?

Cargo Technicians are not permitted to utilize Emitters to break open crates. The same applies to the Quartermaster;

How about "are not permitted to break open locked crates" period? Don't lasers, eguns, and kinetic accelerators bust open crates too?

Yeah, honestly, my first reaction to reading that wasn't

"Oh, right, I better not break open crates like that."

It was more like

"Oh shit, you can break open crates with emitters?! Sweet!"

mining exsists to supply science

Science is entitled to all mining loot.

Yeah fuck you too anyone who agrees with either of those statements.

Mining exsists to gather resources for the station. if RnD can't get off their asses long enough to upgrade the ORM (or at the very fucking least flush the parts to disposals so cargo can do it.) , I as a miner am not responsible or required to make sure they get a cut.

Engineering needs plasma as well for plasteel and plasglass, 90% of the time to fix crap science blew up. Bartender can also use various precious metals for drinks. Its a luxury, maybe, but the average bartender gives more back to the station than the entirity of science deparmtent does. Chemisty as well can make use of mining hauls to make chems and preserve their machine energy.

In short if the ORM was only meant for use by science, it would be located in science

I'll modify it. It now be:

Cargo Technicians are not permitted to force and/or break open locked crates. The same applies to the Quartermaster;

EDIT: Also added:

Exception is made for Abandoned Crates found by Mining

To the end of it

The whole break open crates thing is considered theft according to space law, so I feel it's kinda redundant to be covered in SoP, but eh

It's a (admittedly very dark) grey area. It's based to cover both bases on it.

Perhaps add something as to how/where the order forms are to be kept? If the machine prints outna form every tine you order something, it seems logical their would be sop to do with where its stored in case of audits.

And possibly something about the hop (nt rep too?) being allowed to demand to see the forms to know who authorised the supermatter crate etc.

Perhaps add something as to how/where the order forms are to be kept? If the machine prints outna form every tine you order something, it seems logical their would be sop to do with where its stored in case of audits.

And possibly something about the hop (nt rep too?) being allowed to demand to see the forms to know who authorised the supermatter crate etc.

Added:

The Quartermaster must ensure at least one copy of every Order Form (ie, the forms produced by the Requests Console) is kept inside Cargo. The same applies for Cargo Technicians.

As for the HoP, well, that's their own thing. We'll get to that.

Eeeh, the final disposals area is kinda public. Not to mention, in 99,999999999999% of rounds, it won't produce anything meaningful compared to, say, Mining.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I didn't mean on the materials side, I meant making sure that the stuff that gets flushed down it actually GETS ejected at some point so you don't end up with a huge pile of junk sitting in there slowing down the server. I know the grinder takes care of most things, but a lot still goes through.

Fair enough, I guess it might be more of the janitor's problem anyway.

Should there be any guidelines about when to use MULES vs disposals shipping? On how to send packages and retrieve crates? Should we leave the shipping manifests on the crates and have them signed/stamped by the receivers and then again by QM before sending them back out? (I've always wondered if there was a better way to send them back then just dragging them on foot, and it always felt weird that we just tore off the manifests right when we get the crate and such.)

That's up to personal preference, really. There are two guidelines concerning how to deliver and send back crates. How you go about accomplishing that is up to you.

mining exsists to supply science

Science is entitled to all mining loot.

Yeah fuck you too anyone who agrees with either of those statements.

Mining exsists to gather resources for the station. if RnD can't get off their asses long enough to upgrade the ORM (or at the very fucking least flush the parts to disposals so cargo can do it.) , I as a miner am not responsible or required to make sure they get a cut.

Engineering needs plasma as well for plasteel and plasglass, 90% of the time to fix crap science blew up. Bartender can also use various precious metals for drinks. Its a luxury, maybe, but the average bartender gives more back to the station than the entirity of science deparmtent does. Chemisty as well can make use of mining hauls to make chems and preserve their machine energy.

In short if the ORM was only meant for use by science, it would be located in science

I'm with David on this one here.

Nothing pisses me off more as an engineer when I'm in dire need of plasma (Perhaps for a PACMAN) or plasteel to power/repair the station and it's all sitting in ludicrous stockpiled reserved halfway across the station in an exosuit fabricator I don't have access to.

This kind of brings up a point that probably should have been addressed in the Science SoP. Scientists really shouldn't be running up to the ore machine, emptying it of absolutely everything except metal and glass, then running off again without even letting a cargo-tech know. Plasma really is used my multiple departments and science ends up with a ton locked away, and in general it always seems a bad idea to have a scientist running across the station with a locker of resources when Cargo can and really SHOULD be able to just as easily load them into a crate, wrap it, and securely send it to science via Disposals. It also would help Cargo keep track of how much is being sent out and how much they still have, so they can can, say, have miners return early if they have plasma to refine when Cargo runs low, rather then waiting till someone goes "oh shit we need plassteel to seal a hull breach" only to look into the redeemer and find you havn't got a puff of plasma left there and all your miners are going to take at least ten minutes to hike back to the station.

Seems like cargo would be wise to have a few sheets of plasma kept on hand for emergencies like that in general, to hand off to engineering for plassteel or PACMAN generators or for an extra bonus of points so you can afford to buy weapons and armor crates when the station is being attacked by xenos. Science is supposed to be using the materials mining hauls up, yes, but its Cargo's job to distribute it to them and the rest of the station.

As far as I'm aware there's no way to turn plasma sheets plus metal sheets into plasteel. The ore machine refines the ores and can crank out plasteel sheets as long as there's plasma and metal to spare but if you take out all of one or the other there's no going back and changing the materials out for plasteel sheets.

There really should be a way, though. Maybe just allow the ore machine to accept sheets of plasma, glass, and metal.

As for the ORM, I wish Cargo had a way to lock it down if a person or department is drawing more than their fair share. RnD shouldn't require more than 50 metal/glass they start with and 15-20 sheets of every other material (Gold, silver, plasma, diamonds and uranium). Usually, RnD will have 100 or more of each because they can, or because it was there. If the Protolathe is upgraded and you still can't shove everything inside of it, it's a sign that you got way too much shit.

Robotics is a bit more resource hungry and can burn through 200 sheets of metal in 10 minutes if RnD hasn't been done and upgrades not applied. (To be fair, it's way to common for Robotics to refuse entry to their lab, making it difficult to upgrade their things.) On the flip side, 50 sheets of rare materials and another 50 plasteel and 200+ metal and glass should last them a long time if they aren't building combat mechs (which, under SoP they shouldn't be)

Engineering can never get enough metal and glass, that's pretty much a known fact. Repairing escape after a bomb breach can still take 4 full stacks of metal just to replace the floor and walls destroyed, and R-walls only drop half their plasteel when destroyed making any repair or remodel a net loss in materials. If engineers are active while I'm in cargo, I always try to put at least 200 metal, 100 glass and 50 plasteel aside for their use (PDA-ing the CE or an engineer to retrieve it) and if they are ever doing a project I can get behind (such as a Supermatter chamber), I'll try to allocate more resources and plasglass to them as needed.

Engineering should have the same rights to ORM as Science. Atmos Techs and Engineers should have access to the machine. And no, I don't play engineering all that much, I'm just tired of having to retrieve materials for an Engineer in my lobby who doesn't have access to the machines.

As for locked crates. Gibonite and Fuel tanks are your best friend, and miners are always happy to help get restricted goods for Cargo if there is a kickback.

Replaced:

Cargo Technicians must send Plasma Sheets via the Supply Shuttle whenever possible;

With:

Cargo Technicians should ensure that a single Department does not fully drain the Ore Redemption Machine, as it can be utilized by multiple Departments;