Chem synth

thegman254

There's a feature I liked from another server it allows you to essentially infinitely synthesise hard to make chems.

If you want to restrict it you can but there's already an existing one and some on the code of it is definitely on here: https://github.com/Zaers/-tg-station.

Honestly one in SCI and Chem would be nice but the map might have to be changed for chem as it's not huge already or replace one of the chem masters with the synth instead.

"It allows you to essentially infinitely synthesize hard to make chems"

This is my personal turn-off, but idk anything about balance so i dunno whether that'd be OP or not.

Took a quick look, it seems that the "Chem Synth" is just a mode they slapped onto the chem dispenser - put a beaker in with a reagent in it that it doesn't already know about, and it'll scan it and add it to the list of chems it can make. It sounds HANDY, but I think it'd trivialize a lot of the work in making various chems. Perhaps, as a mode available if you get a tier-4 scanning module into a chemistry machine, but even then...

EDIT: It seems to actually be a child of the chem dispenser - I think it might work as a research construction, since those normally seldom see use, anyways...

Well... we can already do this with the sleepers can't we?

Stick a humanized creature into an upgraded sleeper.

Pump it full of omnizine.

Stick a beaker in for dialysis.

Whip out the beaker when it's full

Stick that beaker in a chemmaster.

Dispose of blood, make omnizine pills.

itshappening.gif

This is a really great idea, Playing as a chemist itself is really annoying when you need to make an elaborate/complex chemical liquids. It is also a great way to quickly obtain something when in dire situations, This would also enables the ability to reproduce something that cannot be renewed, In cases like where there are no botanists and you needed more orange juices, This will come in exactly handy.

Or le ebin Strange Reagent meme

Strange reagent is a meme in this server? What?

And also, Holy shit aren't you fucking toddler just out of school, You and your EBIN MENEESW LOL. This isn't 4chan, You have to go back.

This is a really great idea, Playing as a chemist itself is really annoying when you need to make an elaborate/complex chemical liquids. It is also a great way to quickly obtain something when in dire situations, This would also enables the ability to reproduce something that cannot be renewed, In cases like where there are no botanists and you needed more orange juices, This will come in exactly handy.

And also, Holy shit aren't you fucking toddler just out of school, You and your EBIN MENEESW LOL. This isn't 4chan, You have to go back.

Nice sock puppet account--it sure must difficult agreeing with yourself and your own ideas...Though....tell me, when you decided to support your own topic, did you have to engage in an extended debate about the merits of the pro's and con's of the suggested idea, or is it less an ambivalent thing and you tend to agree on each other's points all the time?

Also, don't insult other members, please.

k, but I mean there will be dudes that just spam medbay with Strange Reagent to instantrespawn people with little effort as possible.

And if you wanted to insult me you could have just grown some balls and used your main. (Sorry, Fox.)

And I find it funny how he said I should leave when he's the one being an obnoxious shitbag lmao

Edited by Guest

Account join date: Feb 10, 2016 8:48 AM, Post time: Feb 10, 2016 9:01 AM, first dude actually completely agreeing, first post, insulted another forums member...

yeeeaaah ok that's believable, totally not a throwaway alternate account.

Nice sock puppet account--it sure must difficult agreeing with yourself and your own ideas...Though....tell me, when you decided to support your own topic, did you have to engage in an extended debate about the merits of the pro's and con's of the suggested idea, or is it less an ambivalent thing and you tend to agree on each other's points all the time?

Also, don't insult other members, please.

Nice banter, It must be difficult disagreeing with someone else and their ideas without resorting to calling them out using sock puppet accounts... Though tell me, When you decided to disagree with gman's idea, Do you have considered any alternative way to disagree with him, Or is it less an ambivalent thing and you tend to call everyone you disagree with a sock puppet/spammer?

Also i'm sorry for hurting your delicate fragile tender feelings, Little girl.

As for taking your post seriously, Indeed i missed the cons, I came up with this list for now

-Traitors can easily acquire more harmful and dangerous chemical liquid (Although i don't really see how is this even going to ruin the round further, There exists other ways, Faster ways even, To finish the round.

-Chemistry can now be manned with only 1 people (Don't really see how is this going to be really bad)

-When griefers acquire access to this machine, They could rapidly try to ruin the round faster

k, but I mean there will be dudes that just spam medbay with Strange Reagent to instantrespawn people with little effort as possible.

And if you wanted to insult me you could have just grown some balls and used your main. (Sorry, Fox.)

I didn't really know paradise is populated with babies that can't take a banter and calls everyone that disagrees a sockpuppet, My friend was right, It was a mistake coming here

And that's an interesting point on the strange reagent part, I never knew about it

christ sakes this is getting obnoxious

Anyways, I could see Chemists using the machine to synthesize stuff like grounded minerals and that'd be something I'd support. It'd make miners' and scientists' lives a whole lot easier for when ever Chemists start getting into advanced med shit. Can we add some kind of whitelist to the machine to make it only accept that kind of stuff?

But also strange reagents has limits whilst cloner doesn't for example a cloner can revive people with 100 damage of any sort

where as if the damage is too high you'll just explode the body instead. so honestly synthflesh spam would be more likely and honestiy I think this would be useful rather than harmful for rounds when medbay gets busy fast making cryoxadone and lots of it for cloning can be a bit hectic. So a synth could come in handy at this point to quickly produce cryoxadone and blood without having to perform dialysis constantly.

Hell no.

Goofchem is super powerful, to remove the small amount effort it takes to shit out murderkill chems is just a bad idea.

You can't really blacklist the killy shit as almost everything IS killy shit.

All in all, this is just a way for chemists to be even lazier.