Remove fat people vore shit

NTSAM

I personally want it removed because I think its weird as fuck, but that's just me.

That's the best reason right there.

This.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never gotten a complaint, question, situation, etc., in which fat people eating people had ever been any problem whatsoever by anyone in over a year and a half. (This doesn't mean it doesn't happen, it just means I haven't seen it happen.)

It's just as stupid as a fat dude eating a mint and exploding into a pile of gibs. It's rare if it happens at all anymore, and I'm really surprised if it's that big of an issue considering that I just flat out haven't seen it abused first hand or complained about. Seems that this kind of removal thing that I can't understand is happening a lot recently

I have never gotten a complaint, question, situation, etc., in which fat people eating people had ever been any problem whatsoever by anyone in over a year and a half. (This doesn't mean it doesn't happen, it just means I haven't seen it happen.)

It's just as stupid as a fat dude eating a mint and exploding into a pile of gibs. It's rare if it happens at all anymore, and I'm really surprised if it's that big of an issue considering that I just flat out haven't seen it abused first hand or complained about. Seems that this kind of removal thing that I can't understand is happening a lot recently

So much this.

"This is silly and dumb" is not a valid reason given 'silly and dumb' are purely subjective points.

By that logic, you have to remove Fartonium, Fliptonium, *flip, *snap-ing your fingers off, the Super-fart genetic power, the Clown-bomb, HONK mechs and HONK Squads and the list just keeps going on.

SS13 is silly. If you have a problem with silly, then let's not be hypocritical and let's not half-ass it, rip it all out and become Baystation II and go high-RP, because being medium RP you're gonna get silly shit happening and silly/fun features being made.

I have heard NOBODY even mutter an ill word about this let alone seen it happen in over a year and a few random shitlers out of a span of several months is not a valid reason to remove things/code, and again, by that logic, RIP Atmos, Engineering, Science, Security and Medbay because shitlers abuse those areas too.

The reason this thread exists is because someone was running around acting like a shit/ abusing it yesterday.

There's a fine line between 'silly' (fat people plus mints) and 'haha let's randomly do this thing to ruin someone else's fun time for no reason'.

fat people that murder people as a non-antag get the same as a greytider beating someone to death

otherwise, if you eat someone that has a weapon or fucking any gear, you can't fight back and they will 90% of the time make you into a pile of lovely gibs

fat people that murder people as a non-antag get the same as a greytider beating someone to death

otherwise, if you eat someone that has a weapon or fucking any gear, you can't fight back and they will 90% of the time make you into a pile of lovely gibs

And then the person that gets gibbed gets upset and starts a vicious cycle.

There is no purpose to this other than causing issues. It's not really that amusing.

If you eat someone and get upset that you got gibbed, you can go fuck yourself, shouldn't have ate them.

It's been in place for years. Fuck off with trying to remove shit just because you don't see a use.

Errr......

If you eat someone and get upset that you got gibbed, you can go fuck yourself, shouldn't have ate them.

It's been in place for years. Fuck off with trying to remove shit just because you don't see a use.

You really need to calm down, this isn't something to be hostile about.

"It's been in place for years" isn't an excuse.

And I'm not saying to remove it because it doesn't have a use.

If that were the case, I'd say remove the entire toxins subdepartment.

I'm saying remove it because the only thing it will serve to do is cause issues.

I think this was used one time by a fat Captain who'd challenge people to brawls, and then ate them.

Now I know what this is on about - and yes it's mostly a silly thing that doesn't add much and typically detracts from the seriousness of the server. (mind you, so does selecting having seizures as a disability).

I think the argument here Tiger is that the option to do so literally provides no function in any sense whatsoever aside from letting people who tick the disability fat (who by all means are not playing seriously and are probably there to stir the pot/greytide) have an extra method of needlessly screwing with people.

If it's as simple as fat people being classed as being able to eat people along with a variety of other things, then it should be incredibly simple to just comment it out.

I personally don't care either way (I've seen it used all of once consistently by someone who's headbanned), but that's what the argument is.

It would be 6 lines to completely remove fat people being able to eat other people. Tiny.

But I will fucking fight to the death over not removing it. The code is fine. People abusing it get banned. People who find something creative to do with it, great for them. People are salty at getting killed or fucking think that removing one thing out of the thousands of equally ridiculous things, or those that just look at it and go "eww vore" because the vore servers based their code off the original code here from bay.

The reason this thread exists is because someone was running around acting like a shit/ abusing it yesterday.

There's a fine line between 'silly' (fat people plus mints) and 'haha let's randomly do this thing to ruin someone else's fun time for no reason'.

Except that fine line is subjective. (Frankly I find the mint thing stupid myself. And the super-fart power which people literally only use to fuck with people, but I digress.)

Whether or not this happened yesterday/recently is fairly moot, because it clearly happens infrequently. This is not like the bag of holding singulo spawner, where it really did happen all the time, this is a very infrequent occurrence using the spans of -months- just to get more then a handful of incidents to bring up.

There's so many more abusive things that DO get abused more and to a greater degree then this feature, that frankly deserve MUCH more attention then this.

I think the argument here Tiger is that the option to do so literally provides no function in any sense whatsoever aside from letting people who tick the disability fat (who by all means are not playing seriously and are probably there to stir the pot/greytide) have an extra method of needlessly screwing with people.

Did you even read the thread, earthdivine gave a perfectly fine example where this stuff is usefull.

If people are abusing this feature like you say then ahelp it.

Did you even read the thread, earthdivine gave a perfectly fine example where this stuff is usefull.

If people are abusing this feature like you say then ahelp it.

Did you even read my post?

I personally don't care either way (I've seen it used all of once consistently by someone who's headbanned), but that's what the argument is.

I clarified what the argument was for it's removal and why people are complaining, I didn't provide one nor am I in favour of removing/keeping the feature (it really doesn't matter if it stays or goes IMHO).

I have seen it used all of once, ever, period. Fullstop. Eight months ago, to boot.

There is nothing to ahelp here, I don't even think most people realize this is a thing (I in fact forgot it was until this thread popped up, and even then I needed a nudge for a reminder).

Not all fat people can fucking unhinge their jaws and devour people like fucking monsters. As a genetic ability, perhaps an addition to the matter eater mutation, it'd be neat, but to let all fat people be fucking terrifying monsters capable of devouring an entire human in seconds?

Perhaps it could be changed so that changelings and shadowlings can eat people instead of fat people, because those two antags actually are fucking monsters. The code would stay, and the "disgustingness" of normal fat people being able to consume entire beings would be gone.

Perhaps it could be changed so that changelings and shadowlings can eat people instead of fat people, because those two antags actually are fucking monsters.

You know what?... I think I'd rather have fat man-eater people than xeno-like lings consuming their victims.

Not all fat people can fucking unhinge their jaws and devour people like fucking monsters. As a genetic ability, perhaps an addition to the matter eater mutation, it'd be neat, but to let all fat people be fucking terrifying monsters capable of devouring an entire human in seconds?

Perhaps it could be changed so that changelings and shadowlings can eat people instead of fat people, because those two antags actually are fucking monsters. The code would stay, and the "disgustingness" of normal fat people being able to consume entire beings would be gone.

I'd rather get rid of fat people monster abilities, and not create more of human-eating abominations

By that logic, you have to remove Fartonium, Fliptonium, *flip, *snap-ing your fingers off, the Super-fart genetic power, the Clown-bomb, HONK mechs and HONK Squads and the list just keeps going on.

Logic checks out. Begin the purge.

Logic checks out. Begin the purge.

image.jpg?w=500&c=1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use