A few IPC suggestions.

Spacemanspark

AKA "Spacemanspark, stop fucking with IPC's.", the thread.

Two simple ideas:

-Allow IPC's to give power to APC's with disarm intent (A thing on Bay/ intended to be.).

-Make IPC's randomly fall over and seizure when low on power. (Could have sworn Unbound Travels had this.)

Will add more as I think about it.

I don't think they should seizure when they are low on power, but maybe slur their words. that I think would be kinda funny. I feel like seizures should be more of a too much power thing, like if you could overcharge yourself to move quicker or something and random seizures would be the downside.

Shouldn't that just stun them, not cause them to shake like a madman forever? If their servos lock up, wouldn't that mean they stop moving for a bit?

can we please just leave IPC's as they are

To be honest, I think all species should have something special about them, other than cosmetics.

Balanced with disadvantages, of course.

It'd be neat if we could make them take slight electronic damage when resting in the pool.

Or whatever EMPs can do, thought it was Burn. And I don't mean er full EMP storms I just mean a little drowning-type burn.

To be honest, I think all species should have something special about them, other than cosmetics.

>implying IPC's aren't the snowflakiest most 'special' race we have

>emp vunerabilities

>can't eat, uses apc power

>snowflaked into organ icons so they can have their multicolor frames

>entire reagents just for them

>can't process half the normal reagents

>fucking brain in their chest

The brain in the chest was pretty dumb, imo. I know why they did it but it seemed like someone was taking shortest route regardless of the problems.

IPCs being able to charge APCs is something I would like, and miss. It could make for some interesting moments when the APC in the room you were working on was running dry (such as robotics) so you run into the hall and sap ~60% of a full charge and dump it back into your own APC. You'd have to be a bit careful to ensure you didn't give too much and set yourself to empty but oh well.

IPCs having seizures from low power is... meh. Slow down, slurred or interrupted speech, slowly going blind as they begin to shutdown and slow their energy drain slightly, allowing for IPC players to override certain functions at the risk of running out of power sooner. I think that would be better. Falling prone wouldn't be bad but it doesn't make too much sense to me unless it was a servo locking up prematurely or not moving fast enough as power degrades and they trip. But standing still, an IPC should stay vertical until acted upon by outside forces.

Also, do Defibs currently do anything to IPCs? Might be interesting if defibbing an IPC would add some juice to it, at the cost of some Burn and/or Brute damage as the sudden voltage spike could overload some circuits. An IPC low on power with no APC to leech from but a defib could zap himself to stay active a little bit longer, or have someone do it for him, trading a bit of his integrity for continued operations.

>emp vunerabilities

MUST.

BE.

SPECIAL.

>emp vunerabilities

I didn't say they didn't have a lot of special features at all, I said I think all species should have special features.

As much as I love my IPC's, I'd like to see a few different things with Plasmamen first.

They're essentially Vox who auto-die if their suit gets taken off right now.

Errr... if we're thinking of adding things for IPCs being low on power, why not anybody low on food in the first place? Headaches, hallucinations, drooling, etc.? Not sure we'd need literal, full on seizures though, but going mute or deaf due to power loss would be interesting, but get old pretty quickly. As Erf said, return of the hairballs.

degreaser needs a new not broken recipe, and IPC need a synthetic LSD, and make all ipc drugs work on borgs.

First one is in the works already.

The second one... isn't that what Surge is or am I confusing that with some other drug?

Third... I dunno if that's entirely possible without hilarious snowflake checks. If it is possible, that would be interesting.

Shift the reagent system up to mob level, then stick some lists of species of various classes, like "Organics", and "Synthetics" into global, and place those lists on the reagent, unlike the PROCESS_ORGANIC flag system we have now? It seems a bit more extensible that way, I'd think, but there's almost certainly a reason that the reagent system is where it is.

Surge is Space drugs for IPC, it causes the rainbow screen effect, and acts as a bit of a pain killer from experience

Overdose effect is hilarious, IPC will begin to short circuit and lightning bolt themselves.

The only other IPC drug is Ultra lube that is just meth, and will burn and IPC to death on overdose.

I'd like an LSD equivalent. To cause hallucinations. Overdose effect could be taking actual damage from those hallucinations (xeno hallucination knocks off head, singularity gibs them ect.)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use