Nuke ops Training course V1

improvedname

So you been selected for the NUKE OPS?

As first your objective is to explode the nuke and take the nuke disk back to your SYNDIECATE STATION

1.Plan

This is the imporant thing off all the plan

By creating a plan you can suprise the crew like

Shut down telecomms so they cant communicate

Or powersinking the station so theres no power/lights (aka nightvision your best friend)

You can use your creavity to create all sort if plans

2.Equipment

As obviously you need equipment(you aint gettin the nuke disk naked with a bedsheet on your back) you obviously need to grab equipment that fits your plan be also sure to check whats on the station with your military pda because cyborgs can cause trouble so you hit yourself up with some emp implants

3.Syndiecate shuttle

This is basically your shuttle it can fly to some places near the station or telecomms

The shuttle is equipped with lockers that has a swat mask syndiecate hardsuit and a harnass jetpack and theres a locker with syndiecate shotguns(for god dont leave them or atleast take the ammo out of it so you have spare for yours) and some extra ammomution for your pistol

4.Entering the station

As soon you leave your syndiecate shuttle

Close the blast doors so nobody cant enter it (and if you didnt please god that you token the ammo out of the locker and shotguns) flip your pinpointer on and go near the station stay out sight of windows if the arrow is red it means your far away if the arrow is green your close to it if its Blue your very close to it

5.GOT DAT FUKKEN DISK

When you got the disk head to your shuttle to get the nuke

Grab the nuke and deploy it on the station (not the solars) put the nuke disk in put code in

Safety off Timer on and head back to your shuttle and then use your shuttle to go back to your syndiecate shuttle

6.Extra notes

-Your syndiecate hardsuit has 2 modes travel and combat travel is meant for in space and combat well yeah explains itself

-Energy shields may be expensive but they are great for blocking shots and reflecting them

-Use your Military pda and check the crew manifest if theres a security pilot you better ready up for a fight with a space pod

-Your military pda also can open your shuttle blast doors dobt let it fall in the crew's hands

-you start with a syndiecate cards and a red button syndiecate cards are a last resort weapon to throw if you are out of weapons or unarmed and the red button explodes syndiecate minibombs

-You also have a detomatrix cartbridge in your military pda one exploded pda could be enough to send the captain to surgery (which is awfully close to space)

Edited by Guest

Pretty great guide, definitely worth a read to anyone new to nuke ops-- but there's one thing I'm absolutely lost on.

"if the arrow is green your close to it if its Villager your very close to it"

What does Villager mean in this context?

It has a chance of deflecting bullets. It's just lower than energy bolts.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT- ;-;

I've had some serious crappy bad RNG then

(another edit, the Mili PDA has a detomatrix cartridge already inside! boomboom)

(another edit, the Mili PDA has a detomatrix cartridge already inside! boomboom)

Unfortunately, it's a bad idea, because if it blows up on you, you're basically fucked.

Or you can do what I did when I became my first time Nukie.

Follow the robot and be confused as fuck as you have a showdown in the bridge with a clown.

In my expierence, shields don't defend against head shots at all. Had a nuke ops headshot me through a telescopic shield before, while I was shooting at him with my own energy gun as ERT. Given that it was in the telecoms airlock, I can safely say the bullets came form the front and gave no fucks about my deployed shield.

In my expierence, shields don't defend against head shots at all. Had a nuke ops headshot me through a telescopic shield before, while I was shooting at him with my own energy gun as ERT. Given that it was in the telecoms airlock, I can safely say the bullets came form the front and gave no fucks about my deployed shield.

Telescopic shield != Energy shield.

Telescopic shield != Energy shield.

If there is one thing a Teleshield should block its bullets. They don't. Far as I can tell the shields only stop melees, and its very selective about that too.

Mythbusters time:

Both riot shields and energy shields have a less than 100% chance to block bullets.

Both of them have the same chance to block bullets.

It does not matter which direction you are facing when attempting to block said bullets.

The only thing different about the energy shield is the 100% chance to deflect energy and laser projectiles. This is, consequently, insanely useful.

• 3 months later...

My ultimate plan for being a syndicootie (whenever the antag picker sees fit to bless me again), goes something like this:

- One guy sneaks over to the armory exterior, blows a hole in the hull, and chucks in enough bombs to evaporate half of sec. This will put all of sec's heavy gear into space, making it exceptionally difficult to retrieve. Bomber dude can then run around murdering anyone who sticks their head out.

- The rest of the dudes teleport onto the bridge immediately afterwards, armed to the teeth, and proceed directly towards the pinpointer's pointer location, killing everything that gets in their way, chucking bombs into intersections in the CPH, the grav gen, medbay, etc.

- Ideally there is another dude whose sole task is to kill the AI, and should be in position and ready to make this happen at more or less exactly the same moment that the bomber guy is starting his mischief.

That's just my crappy idea anyway!

You aren't

Excuse me, but no. You said that the thing I did was "stupid as fuck", which clearly implies that you think I'm "stupid as fuck". Don't try to backtrack now and pretend you never said that. Seriously!

but the concept of reviving a topic that was left alone for more than a month or two is ridiculous.

Well I had *no idea* that was a thing here, which makes being pelted with such an extreme insult all the more ridiculous.

Perhaps in the future you will politely inform people about when they're breaking some rule or convention rather than spurting insults. I didn't reply to this thread specifically to mess with you, I had *absolutely no idea* this was going to be a problem until I saw what you typed.

I said the act of necroposting was annoying. "Necroing is stupid" to quote myself. I did not mean to imply that you were and I think that was terrible phrasing on my part.

As for me whining about the other stuff I'm just not feeling that wonderful and I had absolutely no reason to las out at you like that, I apologize.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use