Recommendations for Commendation

If you wish to recommend someone to receive a commendation, post in this thread.

Do NOT recommend yourself.

Just post according to the template. Do not discuss them here, separate threads will be made if we need to.

Name:

Commendation: (eg, medal of robustness)

Reason: (eg, exceptional robustness)

Actions leading to Commendation: (eg, robusted a whole nuke ops team with a bike horn)

Recommending Person:

I, (character name here), do solemnly swear the above account is true, made in good faith, and understand that lying upon this commendation is grounds for immediate dismissal from NT and further penalties may apply.

Commendations:

Medal of Robustness:

For exception robustness in combat against overwhelming odds.

Medal of Loyalty:

For exceptional loyalty to NT despite personal risk.

Medal of Bravery:

For showing bravery and heroism in the face of great danger.

Clown Commendation:

Awarded for behaviour befitting a clown.

Order of Knights Singuloth:

For exceptional engineering skills and virtue befitting the Order, saving the crew from mechanical disaster with no regard to their own wellbeing.

Nobel Science Award:

For applying their vast knowledge of Science to benefit the crew and station.

Blue Heart:

For successfully saving the crew from a deadly epidemic (That was not released by you).

Cryostar:

Exceptional services to the field of medicine.

Name: Poopsy

Commendation: Medal of Robustness, Medal of Bravery

Reason: Under the command of myself, the captain, this Clown served as my right hand man in terminating the xenomorphic scum that threatened the greater loss of the lives of the crew, the station, and any research we had achieved.

Actions leading to Commendation: Being a strong leader and leading charges of armed personnel in exterminating xenomorphic life forms. Slayed a xenomorphic praetorian with a toolbox.

Recommending Person:

I, (Zymran Terazed), do solemnly swear the above account is true, made in good faith, and understand that lying upon this commendation is grounds for immediate dismissal from NT and further penalties may apply.

• 3 weeks later...

Name: Klara Rio

Commendation: Medal of Bravery

Reason: Extreme bravery in the face of death.

Actions leading to Commendation: Klara Rio, as blueshield, took on a ling single handedly after revealing the person to be one. The only reason we were able to take down this ling is becuase of her reveal and her sacrifice of her life in the face of this ling, even though she was severely outmatched by a changelings abilities in a 1v1 scenario.

Recommending Person: Annie Burkett

I, ~~~Annie Burkett~~~, do solemnly swear the above account is true, made in good faith, and understand that lying upon this commendation is grounds for immediate dismissal from NT and further penalties may apply.

• 5 months later...

Name: Finch Pawn

Commendation: Medal of Bravery

Reason: Standing up to a condom HoP

Actions leading to Commendation: The new head of personel took it upon himself to not transfer the old acting head of personel, but flat out fire him. When confronted about this he pulled a gun and refused to reinstate the old HoP to any position. Finch Pawn saw him brandishing the weapon and bravely stood up to him. He alerted the captain and had the HoP arrested. After which he reinstated the old HoP.

Recommending Person: Raj'Rahai

I, Raj'Rahai, do solemnly swear the above account is true, made in good faith, and understand that lying upon this commendation is grounds for immediate dismissal from NT and further penalties may apply.

• 4 weeks later...

Name: Alice Peirson II, Collin Bastille

Commendation: Medal of Loyalty (Alice), Medal of Bravery (Collin), Upgrade to Superior Synthetic Life (Both)

Reason: Their deeds have often gone unrecorded, and though I have no specific account or tale to pinpoint I have seen these two risk their lives for the corporation over and over in exceptional circumstances. Alice's dedication to Nanotrasen in combat and logistics is rivalled only by her irrational, excessive hatred of the Medical Profession. She can be found shielding Command as a Blueshield without picking favourites, commanding the station as Captain or liasing with Nanotrasen as a Representative during both calm and dire times. I have never known her to be subverted by the Syndicate, Wizard's Federation or Cult of Nar'Sie

Collin is a personal friend of mine, and unlike the rest of these gun toting buttglobs and half-brained gumshoes; has a sense of tactical knowledge and the kind of gumption and wits to make both a successful Officer, Leader and Investigator. A long-standing Detective in Nanotrasen's security department, and occasional Head of Security, it has been my pleasure to fight alongside him as an Officer, serve under him as... as an Officer and aid him in investigations as a Coroner... and an Officer. His heroism has gone unrecorded, but it shouldn't go unrewarded.

I feel that both would benefit from an eternity to sharpen and hone their skills. I would urge The Company to make a concerted effort to upgrade Collin and Alice to the superior existence of being that being an Independant Positronic Chassis would convey.

Actions leading to Commendation: Long-standing and exemptional service.

Recommending Person: BUP, Best Captain, Best Doctor, Best Engineer, Best Scientist, Best Botanist, Best Janitor, Best Cook, Hero of the Cyberiad, beloved by all.

I, King BUP of the Cyberiad, do solemnly swear the above account is true, made in good faith, and understand that lying upon this commendation is grounds for immediate dismissal from NT and further penalties may apply.

• 2 months later...

Name: Alice Peirson II, Collin Bastille

Commendation: Medal of Loyalty (Alice), Medal of Bravery (Collin), Upgrade to Superior Synthetic Life (Both)

Reason: Their deeds have often gone unrecorded, and though I have no specific account or tale to pinpoint I have seen these two risk their lives for the corporation over and over in exceptional circumstances. Alice's dedication to Nanotrasen in combat and logistics is rivalled only by her irrational, excessive hatred of the Medical Profession. She can be found shielding Command as a Blueshield without picking favourites, commanding the station as Captain or liasing with Nanotrasen as a Representative during both calm and dire times. I have never known her to be subverted by the Syndicate, Wizard's Federation or Cult of Nar'Sie

Collin is a personal friend of mine, and unlike the rest of these gun toting buttglobs and half-brained gumshoes; has a sense of tactical knowledge and the kind of gumption and wits to make both a successful Officer, Leader and Investigator. A long-standing Detective in Nanotrasen's security department, and occasional Head of Security, it has been my pleasure to fight alongside him as an Officer, serve under him as... as an Officer and aid him in investigations as a Coroner... and an Officer. His heroism has gone unrecorded, but it shouldn't go unrewarded.

I feel that both would benefit from an eternity to sharpen and hone their skills. I would urge The Company to make a concerted effort to upgrade Collin and Alice to the superior existence of being that being an Independant Positronic Chassis would convey.

Actions leading to Commendation: Long-standing and exemptional service.

Recommending Person: BUP, Best Captain, Best Doctor, Best Engineer, Best Scientist, Best Botanist, Best Janitor, Best Cook, Hero of the Cyberiad, beloved by all.

I, King BUP of the Cyberiad, do solemnly swear the above account is true, made in good faith, and understand that lying upon this commendation is grounds for immediate dismissal from NT and further penalties may apply.

You're too nice, Streaky. To this day, this is one of the best things. One of the BEST things.

• 2 weeks later...

There are a few medals already, ask either ponies or regens to add more, and ask em on how to give em to people.

As always, you can always use the ingame medals.

• 1 month later...

Name: Jonah Bright

Commendation: Medal of Loyalty OR Medal of Bravery (Not both)

Reason: Exceptional performance as a detective.

Actions leading to Commendation: Was able to sniff out and deconvert most or all of a dangerous Nar'Sie cult.

Recommending Person: Rocco Coleman

I, Rocco Coleman, do solemnly swear the above account is true, made in good faith, and understand that lying upon this commendation is grounds for immediate dismissal from NT and further penalties may apply.

Name: Jonah Bright

Commendation: Medal of Loyalty OR Medal of Bravery (Not both)

Reason: Exceptional performance as a detective.

Actions leading to Commendation: Was able to sniff out and deconvert most or all of a dangerous Nar'Sie cult.

Recommending Person: Rocco Coleman

I, Rocco Coleman, do solemnly swear the above account is true, made in good faith, and understand that lying upon this commendation is grounds for immediate dismissal from NT and further penalties may apply.

Sergey agrees

I imagine the Medal of Bravery would be more fitting for the actions leading to the commendation, but yeah, even though I rarely if ever interact with the crew, I've heard good things of Mr. Jonah Marigold Bright. Consider this a support for said commendation

• 4 months later...

Name: Jonah Bright (he's nominated for something else I see which is pure coincidence as I have been planning to do this for a couple of days now)

Commendation: Cryostar

Reason: Asserted himself to ensure and personally performed a brain transplant from the burned husk of the captain (me) that other personnel (other docs, sec, others) gave up on and were about to morgue. Led to the identification of one changeling who was promptly executed and another changeling was largely stopped, also.

Actions leading to Commendation: Spoke up. Brain transplanted the Captain. Acquired body from genetics. Stopped doctors from dragging Captain to morgue.

Recommending Person: Jack Edwardson

I, Jack Edwardson, do solemnly swear the above account is true, made in good faith, and understand that lying upon this commendation is grounds for immediate dismissal from NT and further penalties may apply.

Name: Jonah Bright (he's nominated for something else I see which is pure coincidence as I have been planning to do this for a couple of days now)

Commendation: Cryostar

Reason: Asserted himself to ensure and personally performed a brain transplant from the burned husk of the captain (me) that other personnel (other docs, sec, others) gave up on and were about to morgue. Led to the identification of one changeling who was promptly executed and another changeling was largely stopped, also.

Actions leading to Commendation: Spoke up. Brain transplanted the Captain. Acquired body from genetics. Stopped doctors from dragging Captain to morgue.

Recommending Person: Jack Edwardson

I, Jack Edwardson, do solemnly swear the above account is true, made in good faith, and understand that lying upon this commendation is grounds for immediate dismissal from NT and further penalties may apply.

As Chief Medical Doctor at the time, Radish Gamma I second this commendation request, he did absolutely sterling work that round.

• 2 months later...

Name: Laskorreshkor Ssesiskaklas

Commendation: Medal of Loyalty

Reason: For showing exceedingly refined powers of perception, and steadfast commitment to the appropriate restoration of NT Command structures during a crisis situation.

Actions leading to Commendation: During a stint aboard the NSS Cyberiad, a member of the space wizards federation was apprehended single-handedly by Luigi Belducci, the blueshield, when the wizard was caught off-guard while changing their wizard robes for a NASA Voidsuit. Due to a mistake and careless handling by the serving Head of Security [spoiler2]that was me. Oops[/spoiler2], the Head of Security was compromised by a mindswap spell in the brig security office - outside of immediate audiovisual range of any other crewmembers.

Upon arriving to the scene, Officer Laskorreshkor displayed an immensely well-honed judge of character during the ensuing debate between the HoS and the wizard, accurately determining that the Head of Security had indeed been compromised.

After making this correct assessment, Laskorreshkor stood by his conclusions - successfully alerting co-worker security officer Matt Smyth, Blueshield Luigi Belducci, and acting Captain Colin Black of the mindswap between the HoS and the Wizard. Through this, the NSS Cyberiad's security department was able to proceed with counter operations.

What I believe sets this situation apart is that Laskorreshkor's correct judgement, and decisive actions in this particular situation not only prevented the loss of his commanding officer, but averted a potentially catastrophic breach of security within the NSS Cyberiad's security force and command structure. While qualities such as martial prowess, discipline in following orders, and in-depth understanding of enforcement procedure are all esteemed and admirable qualities for a security member, it is my personal philosophy that what truly separates a good officer from a great officer is the ability to "read" a situation: the patience and state of mind to analyze even the most absurd situations with careful attention to detail, in order to make the right conclusions. While I believe this action should warrant a greater gesture of gratitude than just a bit of coloured ribbon and brass, it is my personal stance that Laskorreshkor's actions, at the minimum, have earned the honour of being commemorated by nothing less than the Medal of Loyalty.

Recommending Person:

I, Cecilia Fleming, do solemnly swear the above account is true, made in good faith, and understand that lying upon this commendation is grounds for immediate dismissal from NT and further penalties may apply.

OOC: Writing this at 1:30am is harder than I thought. I'll probably edit this some more later. Now I may have gotten the name wrong. If there's more than one regular sec Unathi who goes by the firstname of Laskorresh, that's not my fault. Huge apology to whoever plays Laskorr if I ended up remembering the wrong name.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Name: Rsik Ugsharki.

Commendation: Medal of Loyalty.

Reason: exceptional loyalty to NT despite personal risk.

Actions leading to Commendation: This first shift I ever saw Rsik Ugsharki. I was working as Magistrate at the time, getting my folders named and securing my gilded pen when I hear him offering protection over the general coms, His going rate was 500 credits per half-hour. As I was experiencing seizures at the time I was more then happy to hire him for the full shift. I fax the Head of Personnel telling him about my need of an assistant and told Rsik Ugsharki to head over to him over PDA messaging. He soon arrives at my office and was paid 4000 credits. From this point on he remained loyal, Constantly helping with my seizures and stuttering without batting an eye other offers. Rsik Ugsharki was later killed Xenomorphs and after having a new body created of a different species he was still loyal to me.

Recommending Person: Jessica Connor

I, Jessica Connor, do solemnly swear the above account is true, made in good faith, and understand that lying upon this commendation is grounds for immediate dismissal from NT and further penalties may apply.

Edited by Benjaminfallout
I can't word.
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use