Fire should burn clothes.

Dr. Farson

I think a cool update would be to have fire burn clothes off of bodies, the clothes would cause less burn damage to occur, but after the clothes burn off the full burning effect takes place. This is just an Idea.

• Like 4

Would also lead to alot of nekkid people running around during fires. *screm

Come to think of it, if this existed, I'm fairly positive a new way of greytide killing themselves would be to light themselves on fire and run around nude and on fire till they cease to function rather than the traditional russian roulette or caving thier own skull with a tool of choice.

But ya that being said. Try hards would begin to frequently spam meme chems that involve fire in order to render thier opponents armor useless. This is why we cant have nice things.

As a suggestion, if fire could only destroy gloves (not insulated, combat or black) exosuits (not armor, hardsuits, firesuits) hats (not helmets). No boots , backpacks, jumpsuits or bets, so basically only stuff like victorian suit, medical scrubs and hats, stuff that doesnt affect gameplay too much. Hell, we can instead add sprites of fire marks for clothes and body, much like blood, which could be cleaned by water. 

Realistically, if we were to make clothes burn, in order to avoid people going around naked in a fight where they used stuff like Azide, it would technically make sense for them to take more burn damage since, well... You're naked.

On another note, if you do have clothes on, the smoke caused by the flammable clothes you're wearing would start choking you. Wonder if that should be a factor if you're burning to death with clothes on.

27 minutes ago, Regular Charlie said:

ZN23X talks casually about  greytide and tryhards...but with a game environment like the one aboard the cyberiad...new players 'mucking up your game' wont be a problem...

I wasnt saying greytide lighting themselves on fire would ruin anything. I think it'd be more amusing then them beating themselves to death.

I pointed out the try hards cuz that is a problem with many of the games features that have either been watered down, removed, or never added.

Edited by ZN23X

1 hour ago, ZN23X said:

I wasnt saying greytide lighting themselves on fire would ruin anything. I think it'd be more amusing then them beating themselves to death.

I pointed out the try hards cuz that is a problem with many of the games features that have either been watered down, removed, or never added.

my point is there isnt a greytide or any tryhards to worry about...there may be a few suckers like me clinging to hope, striving to become robust, but most people who encounter this game dont return

fyi /tg/ already has clothes/items burning to tatters/ash that could probably be ported. It makes sense but it's annoying when irreplaceable things burn.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use