put rev in rotation

Coldflame

We already have 2 gamemodes that end in less than 1h ((Nuke ops + wizzard))

Rev gamemode is not fun to play in my opinion.

Revs are not in rotation for a reason.

• No RP involved
  • Converted people = greytides
  • Shitton of powergaming
  • often ends in 10 minutes, and when it does not, captain and ERT are sitting in bridge for 1h killing everyone on sight
  • station literally becomes hell, nobody is working, everyone is just making stunprods hunting heads and ERT if they ever arrive.

43 minutes ago, BottomQuark said:
  • No RP involved
  • Converted people = greytides
  • Shitton of powergaming
  • often ends in 10 minutes, and when it does not, captain and ERT are sitting in bridge for 1h killing everyone on sight
  • station literally becomes hell, nobody is working, everyone is just making stunprods hunting heads and ERT if they ever arrive.

☝️

God please no

Certain gamemodes cannot be run unless there are enough admins on, rev is one of them. It's not as bad as Nations but it can get quite out of hand in a hurry.

13 minutes ago, ZN23X said:

Certain gamemodes cannot be run unless there are enough admins on, rev is one of them. It's not as bad as Nations but it can get quite out of hand in a hurry.

This is why you must vote Wolf O'Shaw as Representative.

He knows his stuff. *Flexes*

On 4/27/2018 at 11:11 AM, Coldflame said:

it's good

Here I thought I was the only one who actually liked revolution.

Sling is not worse than Rev by far. Rev is literally NOTHING but murderbone. I've never once been in a good rev round that didn't involve the revs murderhobo'ing sec/command/anyone that stood in their way. It's a poor excuse of a game mode and rarely done for a reason. I arguably dislike it more than xenos...or at-least just as much.

The problem with revolution is that it just doesn't really fit Paradise.  Revs almost always win and a large part of that is because security is more interested in just losing and getting the round over than doing what they'd have to do to win and risking a job ban.  For the staff to win, security has to play in a way that would be completely inappropriate in any other type of round.  

I think revolution could be made to work with some reasonable changes, but it's very difficult to do that because there's really no way to know what the maintainers would want or if even a consensus among them would be possible. 

Edited by EvadableMoxie

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2018 at 5:16 PM, GunDOS said:

No, no no and no. Rev is hard enough to moderate on single shifts. Having it in rotation? Nevah. I'd rather have highlander.

Good idea, lets add that too!

• toolbox 1

>Round starts 

>Toggle highlander

>Force restart within 5 minute, max

Edited by ZN23X

I've always been the biggest supporter of Rev. It's easily by favorite mode and probably in my top 4 antags.

The mode has been through various tweaks and iterations, but I've never been able to persuade enough over to my side on its merits.

I've always been confused by those who embrace, heavily, Shadowling and Cult, but are vehemently opposed to rev. There's wider conflict, but it's still, at its core the same thing: variations of TDM. Rev ramps up things quicker and makes the round progress faster into a more chaotic form, but, at its core, it's not much different from the others (especially Shadowling).

The only time I have problems with Rev are when it stretches beyond the hour mark; either side stalling forever isn't very pleasant; the game mode is meant to be high-stakes, bloody, and quick; not a long drawn out process of infinite turtling.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/14/2018 at 8:03 AM, Fox McCloud said:

I've always been the biggest supporter of Rev. It's easily by favorite mode and probably in my top 4 antags.

The mode has been through various tweaks and iterations, but I've never been able to persuade enough over to my side on its merits.

I've always been confused by those who embrace, heavily, Shadowling and Cult, but are vehemently opposed to rev. There's wider conflict, but it's still, at its core the same thing: variations of TDM. Rev ramps up things quicker and makes the round progress faster into a more chaotic form, but, at its core, it's not much different from the others (especially Shadowling).

The only time I have problems with Rev are when it stretches beyond the hour mark; either side stalling forever isn't very pleasant; the game mode is meant to be high-stakes, bloody, and quick; not a long drawn out process of infinite turtling.

i embrace cult (not shadowlings because it sucks) because you need to actually co-operate and be, at the very least, sneaky for the first 30 - 60 mins to attain your goals for the most part, and it has an overall goal at the end that makes sense - you're following orders from your god. revolution has...well, nothing, really. there's never a solid "why" to people forming a revolution, they're just doing it because they can, and i find that trivial and boring.

rev ends in the server rules being thrown out of the window simply because even the admins are getting in on the murderboning, and there's literally zero effort in conversion - it's just enter a room, kill the people with sunglasses, and flash. i don't play ss13 for TDM, i play it for the interaction aspect, and rev offers very little in the form of that. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use