Using walk to fight fastmos.

Nayser

New atmos is very dangerous but it's more annoying than it's dangerous because it's almost impossible to fight it without magboots.

I suggest that players can't be pushed around or knocked down as long as they are in walk mode and near wall, basicly simulate grabbing onto something to not get tossed around.

If we are going to have realistic atmos why don't we have realistic ways to fight it? With it atmos would still be very dangerous if you don't pay attention, and if you pay attention you'll live.

4 minutes ago, Streaky Haddock said:

Get good scientists. Wear magboots.

They aren't too expensive once you get your uranium. Youranium, even.

There's one thing... magboots are UGLY. Probably the main thing i dislike about new fastmos, it encoutrages me to wear ugly magboots. And i like to pretend IC that they are heavy, like captain's space armor. Gladly some space suits and clothes hide magboots.

13 hours ago, Nayser said:

If we are going to have realistic atmos why don't we have realistic ways to fight it?

We don't have realistic atmos seeing as somehow gasses ignore the GIANT GRAVITY GENERATOR IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STATION

• Like 1
  • honk 1

16 minutes ago, Cyiko said:

We don't have realistic atmos seeing as somehow gasses ignore the GIANT GRAVITY GENERATOR IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STATION

TBH that could be an okay explanation for why its slow on not fastmos

10 hours ago, Nayser said:

There's one thing... magboots are UGLY. 

YOUR OPINION IS NOW INVALID AND YOU ARE REVEALED FOR THE FOOL YOU ARE. MAGBOOTS ARE SWEET AS FUCK.

Fucking black and orange? NNnnhhh! Like the HL2 HEV suits! And they're very big and clunky looking yet so rounded in the right places. Magboots look AWESOME. I'd be okay if we could recolour them but FUCKKKKK. The sprite is so good!

14 minutes ago, Nayser said:

I guess if no one likes this idea... we're stuck on magboots meta. 

In theory I like it, in practice, I'm not sure how it would work.

Some ability to at least be resistant if near a wall and walking would be nice, but I don't think even that should be able to completely stop people being sucked out airlocks, etc.

43 minutes ago, Streaky Haddock said:

Well, we already have code that detects if someone's standing on a table, right? Tables could be a good place to start for wind resistance.

Climbing to a table would be impossible with even slightest space wind. Unless some one pushes you at it.

Why i suggested near walls to be ressistant is because i presume it'd be relatively easy to code due to how you can't move in zero gravity if there's nothing near you.

Besides making it completely ressistant to wind is not only option, could just be very ressistant, like you'd still be slowly pushed. I think it'd just be at least a very interesting game mechanic even if not realistic, as spacemanspark pointed out you can't grab smooth walls. But then again, if we talk realism magboots only magnetise your feet to the floor, meaning your body would be wobbling all around due to space wind. I'd imagine you'd get your legs broken too.

Edited by Nayser

Mag gloves sound nice, they would anchor you to a wall, some tools could basically stay in your hand with them, but you have a chance of breaking arms when you are anchored and are hit with something going at high speeds

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use