Traitors aren't traitory enough

Yinseng

Although it'd be kinda crazy to put Traitors on the same level of difficulty as Lings (Regarding objective wise), Traitors are alot more vulnerable than you think compared to Lings and Vampires whom have some very interesting and rather powerful powers; Ethereal jaunt for vamps, regen for lings etc.

Traitors are still your average person and it doesn't take alot of a laser gun to take them down depending on what they've bought.

I like the current system of one or two core objectives and then a escape/hijack/die etc. cause it changes your entire motive, if you have to escape and kill x person or steal x thing, you're gonna be stealthier and cover your tracks or do it at certain times, killing x person and dying gloriously? Well that's a big 'ol boom and hijack is well, hijack :P

To sum it up though, I like the current system as it's flexible, you're not forced through these hard objectives with 20 TC, but.. if you wanted to do more objectives for your Syndicate overlords, write a fax, emag the fax and send it their way, they might just reward you with extra 'cookie' points to help you with it.

If you are bored, emag a comms console and use it with captain level ID to contact syndicate.

It's enough of a hassle to do to make admins notice you and make you a homing beacon for hilarity.

Ask for information about other traitors and their identities, help them out maybe?

Ask for more objectives and prepare your anus for "kill captain, HoS and clown, steal their brains, steal HoS gun, steal captain's gun, steal clown's horn, eat 3 cakes and fax us a butt" kind of objectives.

If you are bored, emag a comms console and use it with captain level ID to contact syndicate.

It's enough of a hassle to do to make admins notice you and make you a homing beacon for hilarity.

Ask for information about other traitors and their identities, help them out maybe?

Ask for more objectives and prepare your anus for "kill captain, HoS and clown, steal their brains, steal HoS gun, steal captain's gun, steal clown's horn, eat 3 cakes and fax us a butt" kind of objectives.

I'd do this more often myself, but getting a cap level ID can often be a pain.

If emagging the console removed the access requirement though I bet we'd see a lot more usage.

Fax Machines people!

They are all over the place and if ye Emag it, ye can send a message to the "Syndicate" like ye can with comms console and even get a reply if yer lucky.

Fax are the same as Comms console, but easier access, no id access needed and takes paper, only downside.

Yeah, here's the problem with the fax machine thing: Generally one of the objectives they have is to either safely leave or die gloriously. Faxing the syndicate endangers the first and risks compromising the second by virtue of getting caught while trying to do your new objectives..

I remember one of my faxes for asking new objectives. Had Steal RDs armor and escape on shuttle without being cuffed. Got Steal RDs armor, Hijack shuttle, Protect Jonah Bright (adminbus!) and Someone Violet. Needless to say, i started my killing spree with sec, after 2 sec down and 1 in crit, Hero Teebs the Pod pilot springs up out of nowhere and tasers.

It all depends on what mood the admins are in. Ye could get just a simple Steal X thing, but sometimes it can go overboard and max out on the !!FUN!! factor.

Yeah, here's the problem with the fax machine thing: Generally one of the objectives they have is to either safely leave or die gloriously. Faxing the syndicate endangers the first and risks compromising the second by virtue of getting caught while trying to do your new objectives..

I remember one of my faxes for asking new objectives. Had Steal RDs armor and escape on shuttle without being cuffed. Got Steal RDs armor, Hijack shuttle, Protect Jonah Bright (adminbus!) and Someone Violet. Needless to say, i started my killing spree with sec, after 2 sec down and 1 in crit, Hero Teebs the Pod pilot springs up out of nowhere and tasers.

It all depends on what mood the admins are in. Ye could get just a simple Steal X thing, but sometimes it can go overboard and max out on the !!FUN!! factor.

Believe that was me. If I can't think of anything else, I often just give a protect on every single other traitor, so you know who they are/can help them.

I really don't see what the big deal is about giving traitors more objectives without having to have admins intervene, honestly.

Giving them 5 and then letting them cherry pick any 3 for a minor victory would be a great system, and doing all 5 would be a major victory.

I can't argue with that.

In fact, i support this.

Let traitors pick their own objectives :)

I can't tell if you're serious or not.

I'd actually support it if we were a heavier RP server.

One of my main reasons for having Traitor turned off in my Game Prefs is that I'm not a fan of some of the objectives they get. If I could pick 3 objective of whatever type (kill/steal brain/steal AI/steal X/protect Y) I would definitely turn them back on as an antag option.

Can you tell me what faults you find with my suggestion? Because I see a lot of faults with traitors being able to consider anyone they want to be a valid.

I imagine that any system that lets you pick your objective only lets you pick what TYPE of objective you want, be it to steal something or assassinate someone. You don't get to choose what you steal or who you kill.

That isn't a bad idea, but that doesn't really conflict with my suggestion - the basic idea is that traitors should have more objectives by default.

Admin intervention shouldn't be necessary. 2 objectives for a 2+ hour game mode doesn't cut it.

I dislike playing a Traitor, mostly because I suck at it, and I don't really have a plan for getting my objective. This is because every time I've been traitor, I've ended up with the "make an example" objective, and I'm never really sure how to do it, because usually its a job which never really leaves their post.

If I could pick objectives, I'd pick ones which I know I have a chance of actually completing, and not getting thrown in Perma while at it. Think in terms of "steal x item", or something along those lines. This is mostly because I'm shit at Traitor, and can't plan on how to complete my objective.

To be honest I would be fine with this as long as they don't get to pick their second objective, because everyone would just take Hijack to have no rules.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use