Map Addition Chemistry

BiberDark

This is a little and easy to implant possibility to improve the live of a chemist.

When i play i tend to produce bit amounts of bottles ( basic stuff like mutadone , dylovene, and so on ) so the whole lab and tables of this little room , also the floor is filled with bottles.

It would be fantastic if we could have a second Refrigerated Medicine Storage to store our stuff in a clean and safe way.

We only need to remove one glass tables left to to the disposal unit to place the Refrigerated Medicine Storage. Both Chemist can use it from there. The workplace in this small room would greatly be improved.

PS:

No, a locker is not equivalent.

Honestly what Chemistry needs is to annex that Medkit storage room (move that stuff elsewhere, like the seldom used 'exam' room opposite of the lobby) and spread the gear out a little bit. Adding a second medi fridge inside of Chemistry between the two chemists could possible fulfill this request, 'Hazardous Materials Storage' or something akin to that where non-medicine reagents could be placed when not in use.

For now I'd rather not have a secondary fridge storage; I'm perfectly content to just toss all my bottles into the same pile and alt+click to sort through them.

I only say this because chemistry REALLY has no room for anything new since it's so. Mindfuckingly. Small.

But yeah, if we annexed the medkit storage room, I can see this secondary fridge being quite useful. I'd rather focus on increasing the rooms size until we add any new things though.

From a MD/CMO perspective : The chemist lab is, indeed, mindfuckingly small. But the medkit room is important when chemists are not around or have gone rogue and it's important for them to be highly visible as they are now and spread out for easy access.

Being next to the fridge, sleepers, and a short trip to a scanner and cryopod, allows them to be more accessible to not just doctors that will need them but anyone else with access.

An idea that could work is, indeed, give them extra room from the kit room but maybe add a counter for the medical kits ( and the roller beds) with two sliding (reinforced) glass doors so those with basic medical access can get the kits but not have chemist access while allowing chemist to keep everything stocked (or replace the basic crud inside the kit for better stuff).

The chemist lockers can officially be part of the lab and any extra ones could be moved elsewhere.

The checkup room already have kits so we shouldn't move them all there. That'd be like having all the surgical tools in one place (not as detrimental though). The same reason why many oxygen closest are spread out, so too for at least basic medical kits inside medbay (especially during power issues).

Some of the lockers in the medkit storage room could be moved to the medbay equipment room (the one just aft of the medbay lobby desk.) Hell, some of the lockers, especially the wardrobe lockers, could be moved to the staff break room as they're more or less non-essential items.

Why not move the medkits to the medbay equipment room, too? Everyone who has access to the where they are at round start would also have access to the equipment room anyways.

That would free up room for Chemistry to expand a little, but it would crowd up the equipment room more for sure.

Why not move the medkits to the medbay equipment room, too? Everyone who has access to the where they are at round start would also have access to the equipment room anyways.

That would free up room for Chemistry to expand a little, but it would crowd up the equipment room more for sure.

The basic equipment room is already a cluster fuck with some important items covered up by others.

Yeah, and I'd be in favor of moving some of the stuff in the equipment room down into secondary medbay storage (syringe guns, anyone?) Aside from that most of the important stuff is crammed into the two lockable closets. I don't see why, if some stuff was shuffled around a bit, there wouldn't be room for a single Chemist's closet with pill bottle boxes, chemist satchels, and chemist clothing.

I don't think the syringe guns need to be a CMO only access as well as more medical stuff.

Syringe guns ( when not abused) are important to tranq wild patients, hulks, or that self-antaging asshole escaping medbay with a known deadly virus.

The chemist should have their lockers with them, not away as they are or as you implied.

That'd be like moving the surgeon's medical equipment locker to the checkup room or somewhere else.

We also got that sweet ass exam room like David mentioned that can store those medkits, I'm personally liking the idea of tossing the stuff in there.

The chemistry gear is less important to the Chemists than the surgery gear is for the Surgeons. More than half the Chemists I've seen don't make use of pill bottles, and for those that do they generally get all the important meds made and in the fridge before they start making pills for individual crewmembers. The only thing they should be grabbing at round start is the chemistry satchel and really they should just be starting with one in their backpack (like how miners start with a mining satchel in their backpack). The wardrobe is non-essential and just takes up space. I really think all the wardrobes for chemists and doctors should be moved to the staff break room. There's space for them in the southwest corner of the room, by the APC.

That is true, they should be starting with at least that chem bag.

I'd also favor for moving the medical wardrobes ( including chemist one, coats, bags, headgear, maybe radiation suit for genetics) into the staff breakroom. Though keep the other stuff in equipment room.

My vote is to remove the middle glass table (put the science goggles that are there in the Chemistry wardrobe closet), shift the disposal unit over to that newly-opened space, and put the fridge where the disposal is now. Having one table to store beakers that are currently holding chemicals and waiting for mixing is nice, but I suppose if you just want to remove all the tables the floor works just as well.

Cue a ton of Chemists who are used to having a table there splashing chems all over the floor by mistake because the table's gone.

Would it be possible to move the medkits to the NanoMed+ vendor machines?

I know that deconstructing and reconstructing the vendors restocks the machine so that may be too OP of a solution until the restock issue is fixed. I have yet to see anyone use that method to refill the NanoMed+ machines but I'm willing to bet that if you could get infinite medkits from one that it would become a problem.

I think the point is that Medical has room elsewhere that these items could be moved to give chemistry some breathing room, even if it means expanding Medical bay by a few tiles and reorganizing maint a bit.

bGkw7d6.png

There are two blank spots in Medical that could easily be used for the purpose of a storage room of equal size that we already have near chemistry. Acute Exam rooms could be moved down lower if Medical staff don't want to walk all the way down to grab them.

Disclaiming that I don't play medical, but does anyone use the beds in the bloodpack room? That could probably be expanded to fill that outer space beneath it and become a medical supply storage room, with the first aid kits, blood packs, and IV's. Maybe an extra box of syringes and pills too.

Disclaiming that I don't play medical, but does anyone use the beds in the bloodpack room? That could probably be expanded to fill that outer space beneath it and become a medical supply storage room, with the first aid kits, blood packs, and IV's. Maybe an extra box of syringes and pills too.

I've barely seen it used. Only used it once myself.

I wouldn't want it removed though, just shifted down a bit, and maybe shrunk to 2 beds.

Everyone typically uses the beds right near the sleepers.

The beds are mostly used by SSD doctors.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use