Make the choice between Tesla and Singularity a real choice

Crazylemon

So, comparing the tesla to the singularity...

Tesla:

+ Produces far more power than you could ever imagine

- Electrocutes nearby mobs and equipment when grounding rods are gone

- Can easily overload APCs if hotwired

Singularity:

+ Nostalgic?

- Is a round-ender when released

- Emits EMPs and radiation regularly

- Requires the collectors to be set up

- Can be released by fiddling with the PA

I'm not sure why you'd ever use the latter. Discuss.

Because the Tesla creator was goofball and he sees no reason to want to add a downside until power means something.

Easiest way to fix it is to let the Singlo be the "build and forget", while Tesla needs maintence, tbqh. I don't quite know how though.

Would there be a way to add something like "durability" to the grounding rods so that they can burn out? Arcs that pass through a gap in the grounding rods could damage the containment chamber over time.

You could potentially do something similar with the singulo. The radiation collectors don't drain those plasma tanks nearly fast enough. Make it so they need to be changed at some point during the round.

their power need nerfed. I mean 10mw + is completly useless (and make any other powersource useless unless the main one become free, and usually if its free the round is over either way).

As far as im concerned, the main engines should not be round ender if not maintained but should ensure their own system destruction (blow a good chunk of engineering for instance). Give engineer a chance / opportunity to recover the round. wire the panels, power the turbine and run on aux power.

Both tesla and singularity should slowly damage something that if not repaired / maintained should cause it to go haywire and deal limited destruction. As for the precise what, i dont know nor do i have any idea xD.

Anyway, thats what i think, personally i find main engines ugly, but thats because i play atmo tech and i hate how weak the gas turbine is without bribing science and being lucky (and by the time you get the parts to reach 400kw power on the gas turbine, the round is over) :P

their power need nerfed. I mean 10mw + is completly useless (and make any other powersource useless unless the main one become free, and usually if its free the round is over either way).

As far as im concerned, the main engines should not be round ender if not maintained but should ensure their own system destruction (blow a good chunk of engineering for instance). Give engineer a chance / opportunity to recover the round. wire the panels, power the turbine and run on aux power.

Both tesla and singularity should slowly damage something that if not repaired / maintained should cause it to go haywire and deal limited destruction. As for the precise what, i dont know nor do i have any idea xD.

Anyway, thats what i think, personally i find main engines ugly, but thats because i play atmo tech and i hate how weak the gas turbine is without bribing science and being lucky (and by the time you get the parts to reach 400kw power on the gas turbine, the round is over) :P

Actually that'd be a great idea, and would allow for crafty antags to deliberately sabotage the engine without running the risk of a ban.

I don't think the singularity should change. It's a good engine just as it is. Tesla on the other hand seems too strong. What if you made it like the supermatter engine and had to purchase the parts? Or maybe more work in setting it up? Even a nerf doesn't sound too bad

I don't think the singularity should change. It's a good engine just as it is. Tesla on the other hand seems too strong. What if you made it like the supermatter engine and had to purchase the parts? Or maybe more work in setting it up? Even a nerf doesn't sound too bad

As I see it, if you did that, you'd have the exact same problem as the supermatter, in that nobody is going to order it.

"Why not just work with Singulo, it's free, powers the station and it's what everyone is used to anyway."

Same issue as supermatter, which can be more fun/efficient, but it takes work to set up and so long to do that work that the station is already outta power. 'S a problem with engines having to go up ASAP really, you need to get one up -now-, no time to build fancy shit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use