Blinds for Chemistry.

Shadeykins

The chemistry windoor currently has a quarentine blast door already on its tile. Adding a SECOND nigh-indestructible set (shutters are pretty much just blast doors) would be far too much security, actually in excess of that at the bridge or the secure armory.

Additionally, if the chemists don't want someone to see what they are making... well, perhaps chemistry isn't the right place to be making it.

Was more thinking for ludicrously annoying people constantly requesting meth, and the greytide that breaks in.

Everywhere else on the station with a windoor has shutters, why not chem?

It's still easily broken into from the south.

I'm worried that this would further the disconnect between Medical Chemistry and the rest of the station. Valid point:

Additionally, if the chemists don't want someone to see what they are making... well, perhaps chemistry isn't the right place to be making it.

I get what False said, but my suggestion didn't involve anything to do with that.

I can understand where it comes from though.

I was literally just thinking about greytide and people breaking in when it came to this.

Maybe make chemistry a bit further south, and have two windoors, one with privacy shutters? (The one pointing toward the lobby).

The northern space could be changed to be the chem equipment room or something and secondary storage could be expanded to actually have purpose.

I get what False said, but my suggestion didn't involve anything to do with that.

I was literally just thinking about greytide and people breaking in when it came to this.

Maybe make chemistry a bit further south, and have two windoors, one with privacy shutters? (The one pointing toward the lobby).

The northern space could be changed to be the chem equipment room or something and secondary storage could be expanded to actually have purpose.

What you're suggesting is isolating chemistry from the crowd... and chemistry was intended to be more of a make it on the spot pharmacy to lift the burden from the doctors that treat every damn minor scratch people have (too bad greytides only ask something {meth} from it). And if you have breaking in problems just call security... the usually patrol near medbay.

What you're suggesting is isolating chemistry from the crowd... and chemistry was intended to be more of a make it on the spot pharmacy to lift the burden from the doctors that treat every damn minor scratch people have (too bad greytides only ask something {meth} from it). And if you have breaking in problems just call security... the usually patrol near medbay.

I honestly don't think isolating chemistry will affect it any more (it's already pretty bad). In fact removing their public counter/ability to freely give out drugs to people in the medical bay might actually IMPROVE chemistry.

Or jobbans.

I can see the downsides, but a chemist pretty much has no choice but to listen to someone drone on and be incessantly annoying forever and demand meth, whereas every other department (save cargo) can shutter.

The chemistry windoor currently has a quarentine blast door already on its tile. Adding a SECOND nigh-indestructible set (shutters are pretty much just blast doors) would be far too much security, actually in excess of that at the bridge or the secure armory.

This, this so very much. I can't really add much to this.

I will add this: I've played chemist a lot in my time at Paradise; aside from RD and bartender, it's probably one of my most played roles---the amount of times I've had *actual* legitimate problems with people breaking into chem is very very low.

I kinda agree with Fox.

I've done a LOT of Chemistry rounds and aside a few special occurances of soem Grade A dicks.

Most people are pretty content to lemme do my Pharmacist thing. I've never even had anyone ask me for drugs, I feel somewhat insulted by that notion.

What are my drugs just not fucking good enough for you people?!

I kinda agree with Fox.

I've done a LOT of Chemistry rounds and aside a few special occurances of soem Grade A dicks.

Most people are pretty content to lemme do my Pharmacist thing. I've never even had anyone ask me for drugs, I feel somewhat insulted by that notion.

What are my drugs just not fucking good enough for you people?!

You are the lucky ones!

Every other round I'm immediately asked for lube/meth, or someone who's not the virologist wants radium (wot).

Anyways, I can see the arguments against - was just thinking in terms of departmental parity.

...or someone who's not the virologist wants radium (wot).

Sometimes as a botanist it's easy to just ask the chemist for radium while you're also there asking for unstable mutagen. Radium is required to create the floral somatoray. Anyone who can print the somatoray in R&D also has access to the science chemlab for radium, but for whatever reason so many of them refuse to go get it.

I'd much rather have the shutters than the biohazard blast doors, allows Chemist to lock down chemistry or shut people up. Unlike RnD which has shutters despite the protolathe being ID locked. Chemistry and general needs an overhaul, too damn small.

I'd much rather have the shutters than the biohazard blast doors, allows Chemist to lock down chemistry or shut people up. Unlike RnD which has shutters despite the protolathe being ID locked. Chemistry and general needs an overhaul, too damn small.

That it does, it's really just a small closet that happens to have dispensers in it, the janitor gets more space!

Science, both R&D and Robotics, have both the Biohazard blast doors and shutters. Chemistry being a high-risk area could use it in the case that a lockdown of chemistry is required without locking down all of medbay. Of course, this would be the shutters would need to be both on the external and internal windows of Chemistry (that is, the ones to both the east and south).

Science, both R&D and Robotics, have both the Biohazard blast doors and shutters. Chemistry being a high-risk area could use it in the case that a lockdown of chemistry is required without locking down all of medbay. Of course, this would be the shutters would need to be both on the external and internal windows of Chemistry (that is, the ones to both the east and south).

High risk area? what are you making, lethal bombs or life saving medicine?

There can be a very thin line between life-saving and lethal.

Tis true, some medicines make hilarously lethal poisons if used in large doses, since once OD clicks on it continues to deal OD damage till the chemical is completely gone, not just drops below OD threshold. Ever OD'd someone on Omnizine?

Tis true, some medicines make hilarously lethal poisons if used in large doses, since once OD clicks on it continues to deal OD damage till the chemical is completely gone, not just drops below OD threshold. Ever OD'd someone on Omnizine?

Wait let me understand this... you're saying it's a valid point because you have an option to overdose someone with chemicals made in chemistry that are used for healing... it's like saying we should put shutters in cargo, because you can order insulated gloves that give the option to hack doors :P

[spoiler2]And FYI Yes... every time I play CMO.[/spoiler2]

Though, the shutters WOULD prevent Greytide McToolboxlover from walking up to the window, smashing in, and establishing their meth empire, or making a bajillion bombs, or whatever. Perhaps THAT is what they mean by "secure area", since chemistry can be used by ne'er-do-wells for all sorts of nefarious purposes. The view from the medical side shouldn't need any shutters, though, as both RnD and Robotics don't have shutters on the department-side entrance either.

Though, the shutters WOULD prevent Greytide McToolboxlover from walking up to the window, smashing in, and establishing their meth empire, or making a bajillion bombs, or whatever. Perhaps THAT is what they mean by "secure area", since chemistry can be used by ne'er-do-wells for all sorts of nefarious purposes. The view from the medical side shouldn't need any shutters, though, as both RnD and Robotics don't have shutters on the department-side entrance either.

They don't need southern blinds.

Just eastern ones.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use