Transfer of Consciousness a.k.a. body swapping

Keroman

Don't think I've forgotten about this one - I'm keeping this at the top of the forums until I follow through, since removing a neat ability like this in its ENTIRETY would be mean. For now I'll probably restrict it to standard brain <-> posibrain though, since I don't want to bother with the can of worms of the pocess of creating a slime person body. Even then, though, there IS the possibility of going "spehsmann -> le dead -> posibrain -> meatbrain -> monkey -> clone -> spehssman", but I think our playerbase has the restraint not to abuse a feature that could lead to a lifecycle like that.

I still wonder why the fuck people want to turn a fucking ROBOT

A BEING MADE OF METAL

Into an ORGANIC

A BEING MADE OF BIOLOGICAL CELLS.

Fucking god fuck it.

Why don't we at least

1) Drop the subject

2) Acknowledge the fact that you cannot stick a cube into a being with a circular skull without gruesomely deforming their cranium and flesh to the point it's inhumane

3) Acknowledge the fact IPC stands for "Integrated Positronic Chassis" and not labrat or "Integrated Biotic Chassis" so they'd probably have a square nesting to better fit the posibrains

4) Acknowledge the fact that posibrains lack the human senses and if stuck into a human it'd probably flop to the floor suffocating and paralyzed not knowing what to do.

5) Acknowledge if you tried to stuck a full MMI into a square whole you'd probably deform the brain to the point where the IPC would at least be skullfuck retarded?

6) Stop fetishizing over this bullshit and forget this ever fucking happened?

I guess I'm /slightly/ in support of adding MMIs to IPCs as long as the IPC is given moderate mental incapability as again you'd probably fuck up the brain a little since posibrains are obviously not bigger than a human brain.

Edited by Guest

NTSAM, no offense intended here at all, but I wish you would realize that sometimes other players have different motivations and ideas than you.

Having this process in place isn't about forcing any synthetic character into an organic body, it's about providing a way for synthetic characters who want to be in an organic body a method of doing so. You may not understand why someone would want to do something like that but nevertheless it has happened in the past and it will happen again in the future.

Having a process to allow for it to happen legitimately in-game will have absolutely no affect on your character. If someone tries to force one of your IPCs into an organic body you can just ahelp it. Remember, I suggested we add some sort of prompt to make sure that it's 100% consensual by the person whose mind is being transferred.

It sucks to see someone I consider a friend getting so worked up about this. As I said before, all I'm looking for is a way to give players more in-game options, especially in terms of RP. More options for players can never be a bad thing in my view. You may not like all the options that get added, but I hope you can learn to just ignore the ones that don't matter or have any affect on you.

I don't get where you're pulling this "no-logic" stuff from.

2dspessmens is NOT real life, it does NOT have to follow real life logic.

If there's an IPC who wants to experience life as an organic for any reason then why not have a way to make it happen? We literally already have in-game a way to transfer a consciousness from a posibrain to an intellicard and back using an AI core. You could even take that intellicard and use it on an AI core with an organic brain installed and place the consciousness there. And it's NOT an exploit, either. There's just no way to remove brains from an AI core to use them elsewhere.

There's no logic or illogic behind it. The Admins literally get to decide what should be possible and impossible within the context of the game. You may not LIKE the idea of someone turning a synthetic into an organic but simply not liking something is no reason to leave it out of the game if it's something that other players will use.

I can't see why if people want to play a different species they can just make up some weird lore for them that just says by some complicated medical fuckery they turned synthy or organic without touching the game features for their snowflakey "well you see i was machine and i secually identified as some kind of organic so i got a reely realy complicated medical experimentil surgery onboard a station dedicated to plasma research owned by a stuck-up shitbag compiny instead of some medical facility dedicated to doing dees miracles :P"

NTSAM, maybe you should

Stop fetishizing over this bullshit
, it's nowhere near as drastic as you are making out.

But anyway, transferring posibrains into organics doesn't really make sense. Not sure why anyone thinks it's a good idea, even if it might result in some interesting RP situations.

I don't really see the need for this.

If you were deadset on doing this, couldn't you just make a human character who claims they were an IPC beforehand?

Or play as an IPC for awhile, before making a human character named the same?

There's little stopping you from doing that with how loose the lore is.

I could see this being good for traitors,

Perhaps a body swap high tc Item made by cybersun ( they have great mind tech ).

Otherwise, I don't see this as a thing that needs time spent on, time that could be used on nicer things.

IF and I say if, we have to have this

Data theory 7 bio 5, brain case. a brain shaped adapter, that you can place a posibrain inside, that will allow them control over and organic body.

and allow mmi's to fit inside IPC chassis.

then in character setup under prosthetics for organics, allow for a posibrain in case, and for IPC mmi.

I don't see how letting a robot be a human and vice versa would be good for a traitor for any reason but shitlery that no one wants to deal with, Lolzy.

There's literally no goal that needs you to do it and I don't see how it can help you with escaping alive or hijacking the shuttle.

k ignore me and my whole thing I just posted before that or whatever but I'm EVEN MORE HEAVILY against "then in character setup under prosthetics for organics, allow for a posibrain in case, and for IPC mmi."

It's still an "integrated positronic chassis" and it's not an "organic", if it was meant to permanently store an MMI it'd be designed specifically for doing so and it wouldn't include "positronic." IMO we don't need that feature and if we're gonna keep the ability to do this mid-round we should make it so the MMI-brained IPC gets enough irreparable brain damage to be labeled as legally disabled. If it is an organic, it is an organic, we already have a robot that stores human brains and it's called a "cyborg." We don't and we should not have the ability to shove a posibrain into a person.

And I'll say the same thing I've been saying: A cube will not fit into a circular cranium without horrific and gruesome deformation of the skull's structure.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use