Nations AI improvements.

mrturkeytoe

I just played a nations round as AI and found out that you are completely at science's mercy, and with all of the glass and grilles and the inability to cut power to the teleporter make the AI sat insecure. You can get telebombed or have people break through the glass and grilles before your borgs can respond. Not to mention broken cameras.

How do you fix that?

(I just started playing so don't judge)

Your first borg has to be a Peacekeeper then all of the others have the option to get a Engi module unless a borg already has one, and if you have multiple PeaceKeepers any of them can go into robotics and swap out. But only one borg can have a Engi module at any one time. So if you have one borg it has to be a Peacekeeper but if you have two they can trade back and forth with who has a engi module.

Update: Can they code in some form of logic like this? Check number of Engineer borgs if 0 check number of Peacekeeper borgs if greater than 1 allow Engineer module.

Update2: The AI either needs a engi borg or the peacekeeper module needs engineering and construction tools.

Update3: And maybe the AI should get some of the malf powers as well.

Update4: The Peacekeepers NEED ion guns, construction materials and supplies, engineering tools and supplies and maybe basic medical, like Epi and charcoal.

Edited by Guest

The way I see it - most nations don't really benefit from taking out the AI.

All the AI does is prevent inhuman acts, as in - blind murderboning / not feeding captives, torture, destruction of the station to where it becomes inhospitable, that sorta thing.

I think that either you need one engi borg or the peacekeeper module needs a broader set of tools.

because 9/10 times sci will :

do that to alll the other nations with gygaxs and durands.

You're the only one that can keep them in check.

Shre nazg golugranu kilmi-nudu,

Ombi kuzd-durbagu gundum-ishi,

Nugu gurunkilu bard gurutu,

Ash burz-durbagu burzum-ishi,

Daghburz-ishi makha gulshu darulu.

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,

Ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul

Daghburz-ishi makha gulshu darulu.

Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,

Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,

Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,

One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne

In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,

One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Seems to me the problem is with Science, not the AI/borgs. I'll take a look at Science's balance vs the other nations shortly.

Problem with that is Sciences balance is based around Cargoia, if the quartermaster decides not to let them use the ore redeemer then Science gets none of these toys. I would have to say this is just a problem with the game itself (Science having the only access to this equipment) then Nations.

I can relate to what Earth said about Cargo being a dick. One round of nations, I was Roboticist, and someone randomly walked into cargo and blew up a cleaning grenade. Because of that one harmless grenade, all of Science was denied access to anything in Cargo, even after the guy offered apologies. We promptly used what little resources we had to scrape together our own mech and redeemer, but it was such an ass and a half it was 13:15 before anything significant got done on our end.

Science needing to have a remote dependency on other departments is far from a bad thing, considering the massive advantage they have over the other nations. The two biggest problems with science's advantage is access to mechs and chem grenades.

Mechs are, as they currently stand in nations, simply too strong. The only nation with a remote ability to combat them is sec, and they're still pretty much at sci's mercy if they have more than one. By the hour mark, sci will usually have begun preparing for a murderbone spree,

You'd think so, but just about every nations round involves science or security (usually science) taking the ore redemption machine from Cargo, sometimes before the first announcement even goes out.

You'd think so, but just about every nations round involves science or security (usually science) taking the ore redemption machine from Cargo, sometimes before the first announcement even goes out.

The exact reason why I just dip out of most nations rounds lmao

Someone always catches wind and someone's always out to ruin it

How do people even find out? What's the tell?

Well, when this thread was a thing it was admin button only, but now that its in rotation, you don't. That should take care of stealing the ore machine before roundstart.

Or

Improve nations code and make it a likeable gamemode.

Did you even see the nations rework, which made Nations less of a LELKILL FOR COD POINTS XDDDDDDDDDDDD game or are you just still stuck with the shitty old CTF gamemode kind.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use