Can't we have some kind of keys for space pods?

Plotron

Space pod has worse safety measures than a segway or an ambulance.

Nothing was done about it, because pod code is very bad.

Doesn't mean the issue is not there, of course.

Propose some ideas for locking up your pods here!

I just take the battery off when I leave it.

Though I think Security Spacepods should be lockable by Security Access IDs..

Just like cyborgs and their maintenance hatch.

Make it so random greytide can not steal all your guns with the use of a simple crowbar.

honestly space pods are broken code wise, there movement is broken, they were poorly ported and no one wants to touch them with a stick

I recommend deleting, moving their sprites onto mech code,

hell you could delete the sprite, use the old xenoarch pod mech, give it some recolors, allow it full access to all mech parts, up its speed, change its stats.

Sleeper pods for passengers up to 3, would also be more useful in stabilizing spaced individuals, it would allow sec pod to scoop people in space who are refusing to enter the pod.

sec pod mech would have a taser, a laser, and a sleeper

civ pod stuck with whatever research gives him beyond his 3 sleepers

Spacepod movement isn't broken, it is working as intended.

It's unfortunate that they can no longer drift, but that's due to what is likely a byond bug.

Also, they weren't poorly ported at all- they were ported almost completely 1:1 with /vg/- But their code has actually been less maintained than ours.

I'm not a big time pod user, but I can definitely see where people are coming from with their frustrations here. I mean, mechs have DNA locks that prevent them from being stolen, janicarts, secways, and ambulances all require keys, it's absurd to think that there are no safety measures for pods when they are extremely valuable station property.

Worse yet being a Karma job with 80% of your job requiring it. DNA locks would ideal to me, keys are just another stupid thing to carry around. At least give the pod pilot a locator or something in his PDA so he can track his way abck to his pad if it gets lost/stolen.

Worse yet being a Karma job with 80% of your job requiring it. DNA locks would ideal to me, keys are just another stupid thing to carry around. At least give the pod pilot a locator or something in his PDA so he can track his way abck to his pad if it gets lost/stolen.

Problem with DNA locks, is that if a sec pod pilot locks it, goes to cryo, and a new one comes in, that new guy is fucked.

I've never understood why DNA locks are completely infallible, honestly you'd think Robotics would be capable of clearing the memory of a suit. Then again, once a mech is destroyed you can't do any thing with the wreckage save for pull a few items out and have a nifty paperweight.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use