Tips specifically for veterinarians since I rarely see people take advantage of them.
* For your internals, grab a big oxy tank and empty it inside the portable pump in the surgery room, then use that pump to top up your emergency tank. Set emergency tank to 16 kPa and stick it in a pocket. If you are really going to go out on a trip with no return, then pack a spare big tank in your bag. If you get an extended tank from a legion top that up and use it instead of the small emergency tank.
* The red tanks outside contain plain air, don't open the valve if you are using the pump to fill internals.
* The green light sticks in the tool storage last much longer than the emergency blue lightstick. Drag also a desk lamp with you if going outside.
* The green crate outside the west airlock has a trashbag, a spaceallin syringe and a bottle of booze.
* The shotgun in the morgue locker is much better than you think.
Empty it, cut it with the circular saw and load the one buckshot shell.
Grab the cable coil and tools from tool storage and start tearing everything metallic, including vending machines and sleepers.
Pack all the metal and wire, drag the fuel tank and a couple beakers or the emptied booze bottle to a room and start crafting improvised shotgun shells until you run out of materials. You should end with 20-30 shells depending on how much stuff you break apart. If needed you can use iron ores later to make a few more.
Use the trashbag to store 14 of the shells. You may want to use a pocket instead of belt for it, so you can put away the pickaxe -- but beware, trashbag will only go in a pocket while still empty.
* If you can handle the duffel movement penalty and want extra room, get the gauzes from medkits and wall nanomed and cut them to make 6 cloth, then use the cloth to make a duffelbag.
* The ID actually has medical access. You can tune the medibot with it.
* Don't try Suicide with the hug box. It actually kills you.