Busting Skulls Professionally; The Bouncer (Karma Job)

Pseudo_Unicorn

Oh hey, I'm doin' one of those suggestion things for the first time.

Bouncer

So uh, hard to deny that the bar is kind of a prime spot for violence, both sober and drunken alike. What I'm suggesting is a... Say, 15 Karma job. I couldn't really call it a security job, as it would lack the ability to arrest folks, carry a deadly weapon, or carry out searches. That sort of thing.

Well, the bar, obviously. No office, no extra room. Perhaps they have access to the bar back room, but that might not even be necessary. At most they'd probably get a comfy stool near the entrance of the bar.

Job

You're the bouncer. You keep things orderly in the bar. Break up fights, toss out trouble-makers. Sit near the entrance and look tough.

Equipment

A snazzy suit. Sunglasses. A single cigar to chomp on whilst blowing smoke threateningly in the directions of would-be problem causers.

As far as bouncing equipment goes, a pair of knuckledusters (Or baton or bat) that cause stam-damage and a set of cable cuffs would do well to keep folks in line. One someone's cuffed, it's easier to call for security and have them dealt with.

-----

So, yeah. That's my suggestion. Basically, the bar's THE place for fights to break out, and while the bartender DOES have a gun, it's generally overkill to shoot a drunk and disorderly type with it, beanbag rounds or no. Someone dedicated to maintaining the peace might make folks think twice about throwing a punch over being cut off or looked at the wrong way.

Main barrier here is sprites, the rest should be a quick job to prepare. However, looking at the occasional debacle we have with blueshields gives me doubt whether a karma barrier will be sufficient to ensure proper behavior.

Main barrier here is sprites, the rest should be a quick job to prepare. However, looking at the occasional debacle we have with blueshields gives me doubt whether a karma barrier will be sufficient to ensure proper behavior.

Give them shades and the black suit from the HoP's. Bada bing, bada boom

As far as bouncing equipment goes, a pair of knuckledusters (Or baton or bat) that cause stam-damage and a set of cable cuffs would do well to keep folks in line.

Unless the knuckle dusters went on the gloves slot, I'd be against that part, mostly due to disarm spam, and unlike being sec, you wouldn't have any fall backs and suddenly have your only edge removed.

On that note, why even weaponize them when the bar and its contents are the bouncer's greatest weapon.

Cable-cuffs, ehh....just give em the good o'l grab intent toss out the door. Like a right proper bouncer.

Ah yes, disarm spam, bane of my existence. Definitely why I was aiming for knuckledusters, something that could be equipped in the glove slot, though I'm not entirely sure how plausible that is, code-wise. Are boxing-gloves slotted there? Hm.

Sprite-wise, definitely no need to code in a new suit or anything, no. If Para's got anything, it's a lot of fancy suits.

It's definitely an abusable sort of job, but well, fifteen karma. One would think that would be enough to keep all but the most dedicated trouble-makers out.

Ah yes, disarm spam, bane of my existence. Definitely why I was aiming for knuckledusters, something that could be equipped in the glove slot, though I'm not entirely sure how plausible that is, code-wise. Are boxing-gloves slotted there? Hm.

It's definitely an abusable sort of job, but well, fifteen karma. One would think that would be enough to keep all but the most dedicated trouble-makers out.

We just need a fancier version of boxing gloves that allow grabs.

This way we can keep it less-than-lethal or even non-lethal.

Regarding the karma cost: I'd bump it to 20 to give it some premium feel.

I like the idea of having a bar bouncer.

I remember asking HoP to be a customs 'bouncer' or guard (when we still had customs), and it was great fun arresting troublemakers in the queue.

I used to regularly be the "bouncer" in the bar, a long while back when fox played bartender. It was pretty great, even tossed a few unruly security officers every now and again (and then later get beaten down by said officer with backup later, but I digress)

I think the shotgun and cable ties do the job when it comes to pacifying troublemakers at the bar. If you do feel the need for getting an extra pair of hands, try hiring someone ICly to help you out at the bar!

Shotgun doesn't always work, but if someone tries climbing the table (And there will always be that one asshole trying to climb the counter), you can click the counter to knock them off. Call security to come by and pick them up, if the other bar residents don't pound in their face first.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use