IPC lore update

Spacemanspark

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they stated in the lore that there is such a thing as a biotic IPC even though 99% of the lore is about synthetics fighting to break free of enslavement and forming their own union. IMO it's utter bullshittery.

Also "Integrated POSITRONIC Chassis" despite said bioticism. Still bullshittery.

I ain't supporting lore that conflicts with itself.

To be fair, I'm not entirely sure what the synthetic union is, and what the relationship between it and what an IPC is, is (sorry for the odd wording there). The positronic brains are the root of the IPC's personality, does the synthetic union consist of only those with a particular chassis, or does it center around intelligences that lack a biotic origin? And as such, what does the origin of IPCs center around? The design of the chassis that allows synthetic intelligences to function at human-level dexterity, the creation of unlawed, free-willed synthetic intelligences, or both simultaneously? The last point seems the least likely to me, at least given that multiple technologies being developed/tested at the same time in the same context is somewhat not much sense-making.

I could see the chassis being designed for positronic brains in particular, because if you need a meatfolk to have a human-capable body, you'd just clone up a good body to use, transplant in the brain, and good-to-go. Sans IPCs, positronic brains lack such an option, and needing a synthetic intelligence to do a task that requires organic-level flexibility seems like a problem that might be addressed in the corporate world, and since the primary target is a positronic brain, the product itself would most likely named after it's target audience. So, I'd say MMIs being able to slot into the slot for the posibrain seems consistent, especially since MMIs and posibrains are interchangable everywhere else.

The Union protects all unbound intelligences that consider themselves sentient. This does not include cyborgs, because they're not synthetic. This is pretty much what the document says, I don't think we need to clarify it in any further way.

The MMI thing, I have to agree with you that it makes some sense, but if we ever get the capability to manufacture IPC torsos, I think it's going to be a shitshow of people who want to be turned into a karma restricted race just because they can. I sound like a douche, but those things are locked for a reason.

This is just like one of those 19th century national congresses!

Everyone has a different option as to what "synthetic" specifically is, as far as cyborgs are concerned I'd say they're more roboty as the MMI is really just used as a wetware CPU.

IMO the lore should be as vague as possible , if there's too much of it we'll end up with arrrP drama without any of the RP !!fun!!.

I still ain't supporting this bullfuck.

You build CYBORGS for ORGANIC BRAIN STORAGE.

YOU BUILD IPCS for POSITRONIC BRAIN STORAGE.

But whatever, I guess I'd much rather prefer baylore or the current lore because at least those aren't complete shit.

You build CYBORGS for ORGANIC BRAIN STORAGE.

YOU BUILD IPCS for POSITRONIC BRAIN STORAGE.

Or do you?

This is space afterall, can't rely on 21st century stuff when SPESS PHYSICS and bluespace magic are at work.

I'm thinking you're more peeved off by the possible damaging of the IPC karma race, which is fair enough of course, but considering how we have mechanical organs all over the place, vat-grown in-between cyborg-lites aren't that far off.

I still want MMI-IPCs to be moderately retarded because you can't easily fit a brain into a space that's most likely fit for a cube without squishing shit up.

Whew guys, how about we focus on talking about the other, more important aspects of the lore before the doc gets forgotten and cast away?

I mean, I get it. I'm upset about IPCs being everyone's bitches, especially if I paid damn Karma for them and I luv them. However, there are more important aspects with which we still need a bit of help in order to get right before that hits the wiki.

LINK BUMP

Suggest, poeple! I'm the one playing an IPC for only a month here.

I'd at least want the lore to say that organic brains fit into IPCs often get damaged in the process of squeezing it into the cube nest and organic-brained IPCs are often missing quite a large chunk of IQ points due to brain damage.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use