Kidan modified glasses

Nukkel

I love Kidan race but I have a few problems playing as one.

I can't seem to play as a security well without the HUD glasses as I can easily be flashed and can't see what their arrest status are, same goes for mining. You can't get meson scanners on your face which make it difficult to mine. There is more I am not stating but overall its annoying that there arent glasses for Kidan to wear, it makes some jobs harden to do or even impossible.

If you don't like the disadvantages of playing a race, you shouldn't really play as them.

Kidan are relatively balanced, and trade off this sort of "standard utility" to be all around more resilient (which is a huge advantage outright).

I love Kidan race but I have a few problems playing as one.

I can't seem to play as a security well without the HUD glasses as I can easily be flashed and can't see what their arrest status are, same goes for mining. You can't get meson scanners on your face which make it difficult to mine. There is more I am not stating but overall its annoying that there arent glasses for Kidan to wear, it makes some jobs harden to do or even impossible.

And this is the price you have to pay for having a massive 20% brute damage resist without any other downsides.

Yeah, Kidan was one of the races that (thankfully) got heavily nerfed some time ago.

They were literally Imperial battle tanks amongst a field of elf babies.

Some kind of secgoggle would be neat for Kidan. Maybe researchable by Science? If it won't be a roundstart thing, it should be a research thing.

If you don't like the disadvantages of playing a race, you shouldn't really play as them.

I agree. I play Kidan because I like the quirks.

I'm used to wearing prescription glasses on my other characters, so I don't mind the lack of Kidan eyewear.

Get used to playing without HUDs and sunglasses and you will become more robust, more careful and even smarter.

If you want to play a race with little downsides but with benefits, try Vox or plasmamen. They're EVA-capable by default, making them my go-to races for big emergencies (unless you die a lot, of course), with the latter race also being 100% bio proof. The biggest downside is that you die when you get stripped, but most people don't bother (they'd rather kill you outright).

Plus, the plasmaman has an amazing helmet light!

It used to be able to literally block gunshots, taser shots, and laser shots.

Don't forget about grabs!

Don't some servers have implants that give you one of the HUDs (I heard someone mention it). As a mid-tier science item that could make Kidan viable sec choices whilst still giving them a distinct disadvantage.

That sounds like the eye robotics integration that we don't have yet. Would be a nice addition eventually for all races

Don't some servers have implants that give you one of the HUDs (I heard someone mention it). As a mid-tier science item that could make Kidan viable sec choices whilst still giving them a distinct disadvantage.

Yes...but uh...HUD code is something on the order of a nightmare you just never want to experience.

Kidan meson mining helmets would be enough for me. They are a mining race and yet suck at mining? Makes no sense. It could be combined with a eva suit mod for kidan helmet and meson vision on mining. While it is a pain in some ways, Kidan security can be fun without sec huds, just people have to tell the names of people set to arrest on the radio.

it called implants.

And now we're back where we started.

and the coders won't have nightmares to code in the implants for the security HUD

I'm sure that they said this (Security HUD implantation) was the problem. That or my reading skills are starting to deteriorate at an alarming speed.

• 2 weeks later...

Bringing this suggestion back to life since I really want it, can anyone please decide if it can be ingame?

You can't play security officer well.

You can't play medical doctor well

And you can barely play as a miner.

Please give the Kidan modified glasses :/

You can't play security officer well.

You can't play medical doctor well

And you can barely play as a miner.

You can play security officer decently, but with limited tactical options.

You can play medical doctor as well as a typical human. You don't need MedHUD for anything bar modifying records.

Regarding mining - well, a shaft miner with bonus 20 brute armor sounds too good to be true.

Well, medHUD does help determine your health, if I may remind you. . . I use it to determine who's needed to be prioritized.

Mining and sec is meh.

The entire bloody point of Kidan is that they get that damage reduction in exchange for not being able to wear glasses.

You have a fuckton of other races to choose from if you don't want that disability. I don't see why Kidan should be normalized for the sake of a minor improvement. You can play Medical perfectly well without HUDs (health analyzers take literally half a second to use on someone). You can play Security perfectly well without HUDs (hell, Detectives by default don't get HUD glasses and they do just fine).

As for mining, sure, no mesons is an issue. But you can always make another character. Removing a species trait for the sake of one job is excessive.

Well, medHUD does help determine your health, if I may remind you. . . I use it to determine who's needed to be prioritized.

My medical characters are all shortsighted.

I'm telling you - I couldn't give less of a fuck about seeing who's in crit and who is not - all you need is a bunch of scans, and they're more precise.

The only problem I have with it is Kidan are known as a mining race, yet are the worst miners on station. Mining helmets should have mesons installed on them by default considering that is what the suit's sole purpose is. Everything is fine except not being able to mine for shit. I would rather have a mobile security computer that can easily be read for new arrest warrants and just remove sec huds altogether, but thats getting off topic now.

I always imagined Kidan would be able to sense different ores through the rock naturally using their antenna but I don't know anything that would really fit without something like OP natural mesons.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use