Intellicard AI's and pAI's: Hardsuit edition!

Spacemanspark

https://github.com/Baystation12/Baystation12/pull/10381

This would likely mean we'd have to port over Bay's rig system as well, but who knows.

Essentially, this allows an intellicarded AI or a pAI to take control over a hardsuit if given permission by the hardsuit wearer.

Ya this isn't going to end well. But it's worth a shot.

This isn't feasible without porting bay's hardsuit system, and porting bay's hardsuit system would require someone willing to spend hours fucking with it, since it is so damn incompatible with everything.

I figured as such.

I don't know how I like this idea even if you can give control to an AI or allow it control when you die. I can't help but to think that the AI will get some malf control over a hardsuit. I can't say that's my only disagreement with this but I can't think of others. Just don't like this feeling I get from it

Not only this, but this effectively makes the wearer of the hardsuit unkillable, long turn, unless you out and out gib him or you use an EMP on every hardsuit wearer to ensure that you did, in fact, kill the pAI.

Why? If the person dies, the pAI can cake over and control the suit.

It's evne worse on Bay because of how retarded their hardsuits are; you can't even remove a hardsuit without surgery.

Spaced someone? Too bad, pAI is going to get up and steer you right back to the station. Dropped in maintenance somewhere? Too bad, pAI is going to get its master up and walk back to medbay.

Not only this, but this effectively makes the wearer of the hardsuit unkillable, long turn, unless you out and out gib him or you use an EMP on every hardsuit wearer to ensure that you did, in fact, kill the pAI.

Why? If the person dies, the pAI can cake over and control the suit.

It's evne worse on Bay because of how retarded their hardsuits are; you can't even remove a hardsuit without surgery.

Spaced someone? Too bad, pAI is going to get up and steer you right back to the station. Dropped in maintenance somewhere? Too bad, pAI is going to get its master up and walk back to medbay.

Pretty sure if you cut off a leg they'll fall over and have issues moving.

Could also just make it AI only, I kinda have to agree pAI's with the ability to do this is probably a bad idea.

I was in love with this feature when I first read it. It'd be a cool feature to have, but I'd suggest that the pAI units would only be able to control the hardsuit while the wearer still has brain activity. Once the user dies, the pAI would lose control. Can't have any Y-17 incidents here.

Kind of moot since it would take Bay's RIGsuit system, but pAI's should be able to do it if it's gonna be a thing, otherwise it may as well never be ported over because how often are you REALLY going to have an Intelicarded AI to slot into your suit.

I can agree to limiting it to a living user's suit though, unless maybe emagged or something. Would be pretty nice to have a kinda JARVIS style pAI going on, instead of the current Siri that we have whose only benefit is a universal translator.

I mean pAI is a method of returning into the round that is in direct competition with Positronic Brains and becoming a Cyborg or Maintenance drones that while non-interactive, can pretty freely build shit as well as be emag'd to be tator assets.

Why not just take the pAI from the hardsuit when you killed someone? The pAI will scream either way, if it's inside some slot on the hardsuit or the in your targets pockets, you have to deal with it either way. Obviously the pAI should not be able to instantly assume control if someone dies..

Don't see this as a big issue at all.

While I don't want Bay's hardsuit system, is there any way we could try and jury-rig this to work with hardsuits on paradise? If you're concerned for balance from suit control from pAIs, just make it so that any damage to a pAI-piloted suit ejects the pAI, much like bopping it on the head.

I'm imagining the RD stepping out of his NASA Voidsuit, Tony Stark-esque doing one basic task while the suit goes and does a different thing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use