Nerf the Chainsaw

IcyV

Alright, after watching it in action, this thing really needs to be looked at. It's utterly ridiculous.

High damage. Knockdown on hit. Blocks projectiles of all kinds.

It's a double-esword on steroids with no obvious downside.

Any small manner of changes could make this a lot better and a reasonable weapon.

Lower damage.

No knockdown.

No blocking.

Minor delay between hits.

Breaks and needs to be repaired after a handful of uses.

Any combination of minor changes can make this weapon a lot better and fair for its price instead of being an insta-win for melee combat. As is, you'd be essentially unstoppable by normal means if you get a taser combined with this thing and some kind of doorway.

This thing has so many disadvantages to a double Esword it's unfair to call it better. A double Esword has:

Permanent laser reflection, forcing melee

Can be hidden

Only known your using it when your attack someone

Iffy on this one but burn over brute, causing earlier unconciousness

Meanwhile all the chainsaw has is it's knockdown. The damage is a negligible 5 more then the double Esword. Both weapons require a wielding grip, meaning it CANT be coupled with a taser, unless the person does quick invitory and hot key work. The things main strength is it's overpoweredness in Melee, you can't even hide from the crew once you start. Don't try to disarm it, run from it. Don't run head first into the antag and expect to win, that's what the Chainsaw excels at. Hell jut run and throw floor tiles at him if needed, it's still better then tryin to disarm him.

At most this thing MIGHT need a 1 stage movement decrease to further emphize it's combat power, but just reading this makes me think alot of people tried to lemming rush him.

EDIT: wait it reflect projectiles? That can't be right, lemme double check it.

Double edit: I think there was a goof, it has ifShield to prevent it from being disarmed easily and I'm guess it's acting like a double Esword because of that. I was thinking the wrong thing but I let fox know to look into it.

This thing has so many disadvantages to a double Esword it's unfair to call it better. A double Esword has:

Permanent laser reflection, forcing melee

Can be hidden

Only known your using it when your attack someone

Iffy on this one but burn over brute, causing earlier unconciousness

Meanwhile all the chainsaw has is it's knockdown. The damage is a negligible 5 more then the double Esword. Both weapons require a wielding grip, meaning it CANT be coupled with a taser, unless the person does quick invitory and hot key work. The things main strength is it's overpoweredness in Melee, you can't even hide from the crew once you start. Don't try to disarm it, run from it. Don't run head first into the antag and expect to win, that's what the Chainsaw excels at. Hell jut run and throw floor tiles at him if needed, it's still better then tryin to disarm him.

At most this thing MIGHT need a 1 stage movement decrease to further emphize it's combat power, but just reading this makes me think alot of people tried to lemming rush him.

EDIT: wait it reflect projectiles? That can't be right, lemme double check it.

Double edit: I think there was a goof, it has ifShield to prevent it from being disarmed easily and I'm guess it's acting like a double Esword because of that. I was thinking the wrong thing but I let fox know to look into it.

I think the main problem here is that it's a CHAINSAW. As in, a run-of-the-mill, 20th century fucking chainsaw. E-swords I can see deflecting energy projectiles. CHAINSAWS? No.

Just no.

They're a piece of metal with a long belt of razor-sharp teeth fed by a motor. The second that thing takes structural damage, the belt snaps and rips you in half. It simply should not act like an e-sword, at all. That's what the e-sword's there for.

I don't know why it reflects projectiles, but I am fine with the rest of its features, since, you really shouldn't be able to "outrobust" someone with a fucking chainsaw, if you charge someone with a chainsaw because you want to be some sort of hero, then you will die like one, since that's not what you should be doing when facing a maniac with one.

I don't know why it reflects projectiles, but I am fine with the rest of its features, since, you really shouldn't be able to "outrobust" someone with a fucking chainsaw, if you charge someone with a chainsaw because you want to be some sort of hero, then you will die like one, since that's not what you should be doing when facing a maniac with one.

That's great and all for the first guy, but after that, you're fine to charge him. Chainsaws simply do not do well with soft stringy objects. Ever wondered why electric turkey cutters only vibrate back and forth instead of pull a chain through the motor despite the chain system being much more efficient? Chainsaws don't work like they do in the movies and games. On top of the jamming risks (bones derailing the chain,) with a chainsaw of that length/size, any kind of tripping, slipping, or shoving pretty much guarantee that you'll end up on your blade.

Well, it's a good thing the game is set over 550 years into the future where we can write off such realism discrepancies as having been addressed over the 500 years of technological improvement, if your main argument is based around how real life 2015 chainsaws work..

Well, it's a good thing the game is set over 550 years into the future where we can write off such realism discrepancies as having been addressed over the 500 years of technological improvement, if your main argument is based around how real life 2015 chainsaws work..

Well, considering we're still using what is, in essence, a Colt Revolver...

Seeing that the forum didn't register my post, I'll give the tl;dr. Unless it uses a laser beam and dosen't have moving parts, it has a gear system. It is very easy to screw over a gear system with a solid object, in this case a bone. Like the saying, "a wrench in a well oiled machine," it takes very little to destroy a chain system. Also, 500 years is a very short time for physics to disappear.

Edited by Guest

May as well just make it a laser chainsaw if you want to avoid all these weird issues, but then...esword. It would just be a big unwieldy esword. My preferred changed would either be remove the knockdown and "maybe" increase the damage, make it a full 20tc, or have it break within 10-20 uses and need to be repaired with some metal and cable or something.

I'm not sure how hard it would be to code, but it would be nice to have it absolutely wreck the first attack and slowly lose damage over time unless you clean it off in the sink. Bonus points for being able to boost the rpm with space lube, allowing more damage.

From what I understood from when I talked to fox about this, the chainsaw does not REFLECT, but it will have a chance to block. The reason is that it acts like a Riot Shield so no one can run up to you and disarm it out of your hand. This had the effect of making it block projectiles though.

The only other way he has to keep the No Disarm is to make it have NODROP, meaning the moment you spawn it, it's basically grafted to your hands.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the disarm have a 5% chance to actually disarm, a 80% chance to count as an attack on the disarmer, and a 15% chance to attack the weilder?

I have the perfect solution

20% to actually disarm the wielder

80% chance to literally "disarm" the attacker

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the disarm have a 5% chance to actually disarm, a 80% chance to count as an attack on the disarmer, and a 15% chance to attack the weilder?

I have the perfect solution

20% to actually disarm the wielder

80% chance to literally "disarm" the attacker

Pls.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use