Representative's Journal: Luca Trovato

Nakhi

Actually yeah, my implant had gotten disabled I realized later. The shadowling got that far before I had gotten recovered. That just didn't dawn on me until after the fact, so it skewed both the storytelling and the fact I didn't notice during the round myself and didn't put the two together until now.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was the warden that shift. So I was pretty much the only one in security and I got paranoid pretty damn quickly when random people were just randomly entering and leaving the lobby.

I couldn't be much help just viewing cameras but I was able to help relay your positions with the portable crew monitor...until comms went down.

For the record, here, This was probably during the absolute fiasco where sechuds were glitching like crazy, but I never heard of it giving false-negative or false-positive on implants, that part was always correct. May be related, sorry if it isn't. Carry on.

From firsthand experience, I'm pretty sure Shadowlings need to perform a separate process to remove someone's loyalty implant, -then- they need to do the enthrallment process. I've been in a situation where a loyalty implant was removed by a shadowling, but they were stopped before they could properly follow through with enthrallment. Really, if you don't see the "their features are unnaturally tight and drawn" flavor text when you examine them while they're not wearing a mask, it's a safe bet that they're clean unless they've done something really suspicious.

...Borg brings me to medbay...borg to take me to surgery...Borg pulls me out thankfully...

Yay, that was me :D

After dragging Luca out and warding off the shadowling in Medbay, I pretty much just panicked and attached myself to Luca for as long as possible, as the only security personnel I felt confident in. Lost Luca pretty quick, though, guess that was when you ran away. :|

Log #2436

ID Signature: Luca Aureliana Trovato

Station Date: Too Many Painkillers to Care

Know what I like about Vox? If absolutely nothing else, I like the Inviolate. It makes them, arguably, one of the more rational species as far as engagements go. You know, waste nothing basically, kill no one unnecessarily. Things that most humans and other species still can't accomplish. So as far as that goes, I can respect them for living up to a moral standard and following it almost perfectly.

Almost.

So that leads into today's shift. Of course I get set up as the pod pilot, do my usual start of day routine, then I head to my pod, take the first flight. Of course that was all clear. As usual I make my joke over comms about betting on the calamity of the day. I put 200 credits on nuclear operatives landing on the station and causing chaos. The sad part is that I ended up only being half wrong. So I do my first sweep, sit outside the station and pretend to run radar on nothing in particular, then do my second sweep. At the end of the second, I came across the Vox Skipjack that had newly arrived. My first thought is "Oh fucking great, Vox".

Now, this is only because of how the crew always treats them. Always the Vox are invited aboard and never held to SOP and Law, because no one wants to cause an incident. Well god damn it the Vox need to be held to our standards. So yeah, I expected a clusterfuck, but I reported it anyway since that's my duty. After all, by reporting it, I give the Captain and other heads notice of visitors. After all, most Vox we deal with never get hostile.

Most.

So I fly around and comms blow up about the Armory atmosphere alarm. Well, I just hoped that it was a mistake. Of course it wasn't. And so begins the series of events that reinforces my absolute hate for the Vox. The moment I appear, the Vox hit me with an EMP shot despite beginning to head AWAY from them. At first I think, "okay, they are just disabling me. I'll wait it out". Nope. They kept firing and my pod steadily lost integrity. Then the core was damaged and began its destruct sequence. At the last second I jump out, start to run... and the pod exploded behind me. I was caught in the blast radius of course, and the shockwave blew my arm and leg off.

Here I am, laying on some metal rods, watching the burning hulk of my pod, probably bleeding, in intense fucking pain. I couldn't believe I was alive. Then a Vox hits me in the face with a telescopic baton... even though I was already down and not even moving. Bastards. The one drags me off and throws me into the armory after hitting me a few more times for good measure. Then number two shows up, takes off my backpack - with my jacket inside - fills it with guns, and runs off. Taking my coat. Oh, and they remove my oxygen jetpack before leaving as well, leaving me without air in a depressurized armory.

I hate Vox.

Medical runs up, grabs me, runs me to Medical. Robotics gets me a new arm and leg, Medical fixes up other damages. Released from medical, I listen to comms to get an idea of where I need to go. So I stick with an engineer and atmos tech heading down to the mining asteroid where apparently there was a raid or something. Sounds good to me. There was a Vox miner with us as well, and this is where I regret showing mercy. The context here is that this Vox was cuffed for... something. So I uncuffed them, told them not to do anything stupid from now on, and then let them go. This was because the Blueshield restrained them and I never trust the Blueshield.

So we get to the asteroid, I look around. Security is cleaning up some Vox bodies. Obviously there was a standoff or something. No matter, it's dealt with. I was going to provide some security for the engineers, expecting another Vox attack. Oddly, I was right, just entirely unprepared for it. So here's what happens. That Vox miner? They immediately start attacking Security, then flee into vacuum. I realized my mistake on that count very quickly. The moment I get out, after shooting at them a few times and missing due to panic, they hit me at point blank range with the kinetic accelerator thing. Even through the hardsuit, apparently it fucked me up more than I thought. My chest was shattered, I know that much. I took a few steps and then collapsed.

The rest was fading in and out of consciousness, but I woke up in Medical, again, after an intensive surgery. To quote the doctor roughly, "You were pretty broken". So I took something that should have, and almost did, kill me, and still survived. I thank the hardsuit, even though it still doesn't fucking fit me properly. Vox are dealt with for the most part, but there's talk of at least one more out and about. I leave Medical, with my blurry vision and still some pain... everywhere. I run into the Mechanic, borrow a pod, scout, and find the Skipjack, but then it jumps again. I got lucky a bit later and found an officer in a hardsuit and we continued the search.

Well, someone had been kidnapped apparently, so we rush to the ship, at the asteroid. Both myself and the officer stole the Vox IDs, so we were able to enter the ship and leave relatively easily enough. But we didn't have to leave. Almost the moment we boarded, the ship lurched to another destination. Then it lurched again as the Vox welded us into the room and tampered with the door. Well fuck, now we're stuck.

Figuring that we were in another location, I headed out the airlock, only to open to the external view of warp or bluespace or whatever the hell we're calling it. Well shit. That means we're making a very long jump. Likely back to Vox-land. Shoal? Probably something stupid like that. Anyway, so we arrive, the Vox opens the door... and we fucking murder them. Or at least I do since I have balls compared to the other officer. Who is an IPC. Which means this metaphor is slightly more disturbing. Anyway.

Ship clear, we have IDs, so I climb into the pilot's seat and launch it back before anything can be done. I arrive at Central in a skipjack, get no medals, and get fully patched up as a non-hero since I am just a pod pilot. Well fuck.

Moral of the Story: Can we just shoot these fucks on sight from now on please? Or, at the very least, make sure they are met with a security team instead of open arms.

I absolutely detest vox crew that side with the raiders because "hihi kin!" or some such bullshit. Sure, good RP, but a civilian ballsing up and slapping a sec officer with a toolbox is not good RP at all. At best, the innocent vox gets perma'd or executed for being an antag, at worst the officer dies to a greytiding shitlord with valids.

• 2 weeks later...
Log #2447

Station Date: Next Vacation -1

It's been a while since I got to fly. It seems NT is trying to replace me, what with the sudden surge in the number of pod pilots that the station is cycling through. It's like I am being backburnered because I won a couple medals for my service. Fine, if that's how NT is going to play this, I will gladly take another vacation on their dime. Especially after this mess of a shift. So, like usual, it starts as normal. Everyone is on board, people gear up, I get my new outfit. One of these days NT will let me bring my own damned shoes and stuff on board. No until then I have to wear the bloodied hand me down security jumpsuit I get rid of immediately.

But I digress.

So things start... oddly. It immediately begins with ranting about race and human supremacy. Nothing particularly new there, but slightly annoying nonetheless. So it escalates to a "rally" of one person, then further into a handful of people being beaten for their views, and one person in question being brought in I think. I don't remember the names because I hate everyone, but regardless it took an odd turn.

Here's the odd turn: The Head of Security, I believe, publicly questioned the Craptain's order about an arrest. We're on green alert, and he wanted a person arrested on a suspicion, with a half filled out warrant, to have them searched and questioned. The warrant of course didn't say what the person was being arrested for, and the Magistrate effectively said it would be questionable. So here we go with the Captain planning to demote the Head of Security for, first, questioning the order he gave then, when no one in Security was going to make a bullshit arrest, for sparking a mutiny or some bullshit like that.

Eventually the issue got dropped for one reason: Cultists. Red alert, sweep the station, beat the hell out of people, and create a deconversion conga line. Oh, and make the Chaplain literally the MVP of the station by locking him up in Security and having him administer the deconversions. So, like the highly qualified, highly professional, and well trained pilot that I am, I get drunk and go back to flying, and responding to issues if they crop up. Amusingly they didn't, and I took the chance to do a full sweep of space, including the outposts where we expected the cultists to be.

Then the Head of Security died. That just made the situation escalate and deteriorate for Security. The Warden was made acting head, then they went to cryo, leaving Security without effective leadership, even with the Captain trying to keep order. An ERT of one arrived and did fuck all as far as I know. As far as I know, because I spent the shift sitting in my pod and trying to taunt the cultists. Why taunt? Well, apparently, we found out that I was their target to sacrifice or some shit. I guess Nar-Nar really is pissed at me for something. So be it. As I said, let them come.

And they never came.

Seriously, I never once actually saw a cultist. It was kind of sad. I was hoping for some sort of great fight against a wave of cultists trying to get to me, and I stand my ground in some heroic fight while Security can't pull their thumbs out of their asses to help, like every fucking time I end up in trouble. Then I'd die, Security would forget I existed and-

I am going off on a tangent again.

Right, so, shift continues, I stay in space as much as possible, and ultimately take the pod back to Central Command. Apparently there were only three cultists left after all was said and done, and they never got to me. That is still what amuses me greatly. A great dark god wants me dead... and they send their worst followers to try to do it. Great work Nar-Nar. Great work.

Moral of the Story: When will the Cult of Nar-sie stop trying to take this station? Seriously, we know what we're doing. Usually. And I wonder when they will want me dead again. It's rather adorable that I can piss them off like that.

I don't know what happened to the other cultists that round but I'm proud of the fact that as a mere Cargo Tech I converted something like 4 or 5 people AND killed the HoS.

Admittedly he got cloned and then took me into custody at which point I was deconverted. Still, given the fact that I don't think a single other cultist converted anyone... At the very least the Mask was competent.

That was a particularly scary round for me. Not only was I doing consecutive surgeries, most happening as soon as one gets off the table. Most of them had punctured lungs and were human extremist ( going off how other species were taking their jobs) there was the threat os possibly being lynched I think. But during a surgery people around medbay were seemingly acting funny and talking about cultist stuff...right outside the operating room.

I was getting very paranoid that round and was on the verge of bolting out through the maint. door.

The distraction by it all had caused me to accidentally saw off someone's head.

Log #3759

Station Date: Jenkins-Time

Well, apparently NT really does have no use for me as a pilot anymore. Or at least a very limited use (which effectively means not at all). So, with that in mind, they decided to send me to the Cyberiad more as a Representative. Apparently actually knowing Standard Operating Procedure and Space Law has paid off - the latter with the degree moreso I am sure. So I've done it a couple times before, mostly as a stand-in because apparently someone at Central thought it'd be funny if I was made to act like some representative. Well, I can't hate the position. It's comfortable and most of it is writing and sending faxes.

So, let's start with this incredibly odd shift.

First and foremost, I knew things were going to be bad. The Blueshield decided to act like he was a member of the command staff by trying to make decisions and telling the captain what he should be doing and how, and the Captain himself seemed to know comparatively little in the way of SOP and Space Law. How did I find this out? Within about ten minutes of the shift beginning. The Head of Security went into cryo. Now, here's where this could have been handled better. Without informing the Captain they were doing so, the Head of Personnel promoted the Warden to Acting HoS. Nothing wrong here, as that's the chain of command.

Well, the Captain finds out, and he immediately starts complaining about how he wasn't informed and how the Warden shouldn't be the head of security and what not. And of course the Blueshield is preaching at him about how it's supposed to work - and granted he's right, but it's still annoying - so I step in, explain everything, and eventually chalk it up to a misunderstanding. He was trying to say the Warden wasn't the same as an actual head of security when acting in that role for the duration, and phrased it... very poorly.

Fast forward about five minutes. Replacement Head of Security arrives, Warden steps down. Apparently Auxiliary Tool Storage then exploded, and the Captain wanted Security to start scanning, prompting one officer - the pilot, of fucking course - to shout "Fuck you captain!" over Security comms. I expected something more amusing from the Captain, and I wasn't disappointed. He wanted the pilot immediately fired. Well, here I go stepping in again, telling him that he can't demote without reason, and he can't overstep the Head of Security on a termination. Or at least, with the latter, he shouldn't since it's kind of shitty.

After telling him that's not how it worked, he tries to order the Head of Security to approve the termination. Which I tell him is not how it works. Now this is where I am both entirely confused at how people could miss the constant updates of space law that happen. What does the Captain try to do after all else fails? He wants the pilot brigged. Nothing wrong there, except for the law. He tried to have the pilot brigged for "Insulting an Officer On Duty". And that, folks that may or may not be reading these damned journal, is why the space law was updated to remove that fucking law; to prevent this level of Comdomnation. So I smacked him back down.

Silence reigned for a few minutes and then the Head of Security demanded the demotion of the pod pilot. What for? Not listening to the Head of Security's briefing - bare in mind, we're already at a heightened caution - and proceeding to go back on patrol. I take a step back, lest I seem too partial toward one side or the other, and try to let Security and Command handle it. They cannot. So I send a fax, jokingly asking for an SOP and Space Law Class to be held on the station for the Captain and the Head of Security.

And for some fucking reason, NT decides to send someone. Not just anyone, of course, but the one fucker that can answer my faxes; Comm Officer Jenkins. He comes aboard, yells at the Captain. He was going to yell at the Head of Security, I am sure, but the HoS ran off to the armory and killed himself with one of the guns. And so ended the official side of Jenkins' visit. And thus began the unofficial one... which didn't last very long.

Once he left the meeting room, he ran off to the bar, where apparently a pair of wizards had decided to visit. Yes, a pair. Because God decided to frown upon the station today. From what I understand, Jenkins' ran up to a wizard and smacked their ass... then got turned to stone. Well at least something got hard. I have no idea what transpired from there, but ultimately the wizards were killed, we transferred, and all was well.

And I sent faxes and got Jenkins' sent over.

Moral of the Story: Man, these get boring when I talk about bureaucracy. I better in the pods again soon.

• 4 weeks later...
Log #3785

ID Signature: Captain Luca Aureliana Trovato

Station Date: Singularity Temporal Distortion

Christ, they actually forced 'Captain' at the start of my ID. Fucking hell.

Right, so I ended up getting forcefully reassigned. Yay me. Or, as they would call it, a "promotion". So apparently I am being made a Captain more often than not. How... well, aggravating. I worked rather hard to avoid becoming a Captain since that's way too much responsibility, and yet, here I am. Glory to NanoTrasen I guess.

So, this would be my second shift as Captain. The first one was unremarkable training stuff. This one though was remarkable, and in a way I hope that this is repeated until the last half hour of the shift. So, here's the basic run down. At the shift start, there was no security. Not one. Not a detective, no officers, nothing. So I expected this was either going to be a very interesting, or a very bad shift. It was both. Despite the fact we have relatively few heads of staff, things got off to a decent start, Engineering was working, Security was filling out. Everything was going fairly well.

Then the Singularity got loose.

Thankfully, it didn't last long. It did some damage to engineering and tore out a solar, but ultimately Central got rid of it somehow. After confirming with all heads and Engineering, we ruled the Singularity gone, and we moved to Blue Alert due to the likelyhood of sabotage. You can never trust the damned engineers after all. So, since apparently the Head of Personnel had engineering experience, I let them take over some reconstruction duties since we had no Chief Engineer, even letting them get the RCD to more quickly repair the breaches made by the Singularity.

During this time, I realized just how much hell a good captain deals with on a daily basis. I was juggling every little problem and delegating it as best I could. It was tough, but I managed, and I think that I managed to effectively handle situations. I work with all channels on so that I can monitor everything and pass information around if a head doesn't, or report to the department directly if the head doesn't pass on what I say. So, everything was running fine, I was coordinating with Engineering to get everything working again, solars were set up, and there was some power going.

Then the Chief Engineer showed up. They were a Tajaran with a name made up of cat sounds. I knew it was going to be bad. I didn't know how bad, but I knew it would. So of course I broke my unbiased demeanor and started to hate on them a little. I even wish the BSA that Central fired hit them, but it didn't unfortunately. So the Chief Engineer manages to, one, basically tell an Internal Affairs Agent who wanted to check on Engineering to go away - and they got yelled at by the Magistrate for that, which I enjoyed. Then they got complaints from their entire staff. They were frankly quite stupid, and I do hope that Tajara don't live up to that stereotype like this one did.

Eventually I had enough of all the complaints, and ordered the Chief Engineer to the bridge, which they fought with me on. So when I told them they were being demoted, they disappeared without a trace. Problem solved, I guess. While this was going on, and we're about an hour into the shift, Engineering got everything reconnected to the main grid and power was flowing, and the engine was nearing repaired status. Security was still intact, the Head of Security decided to suffer from SSD, and the Head of Personnel promoted the Warden on my order. All was going well.

Engineering got the engine fixed, and everything set up. A few things weren't quite ideal, but it would do. We needed the power. I gave the greenlight for the PA to fire, and so the singularity roared back to life. Do singularities roar? Or would it just absorb all the sound? Or would the vacuum prevent the sound in the first place? To answer that question, I'd delegate it to a Research Director. Whatever. So the Singularity is online, we're pulled three megawatts immediately. We really don't need much more than that.

As the station resumes normal activity, I stand proudly on the bridge and watch as everything goes smoothly... until I get hit with a bolt of electricity that shot out of the APC. And in that moment, all the hope of a normal station faded. But for that moment, it all felt right, like nothing could go wrong. I miss that moment. So as more reports came in of this occurence, it became obvious that Engineering directly wired the engine into the grid. I rushed to Engineering, cut a cable, and it all stopped. Once again, that simple solution made me feel good. Then I heard, like a great disturbance in the galaxy, the roar of a thousand voices all shouting "FUCKING ENGINEERING". Or maybe that was the sound of the singularity shattering glass. Same thing.

Somehow the Singularity got loose. Again. I had enough of this shit, plus there were spiders now, and other issues, so red alert was raised and we evacuated from that hell hole, all while I rubbed my head in frustration at how this shit always has to happen. Never will I see a normal day on the station, it seems, especially not while I am captain.

Moral of the Story: I am a good Captain. Why am I good? I don't want to keep this job. Oh god help me.

Log #3789

ID Signature: Captain Luca Aureliana Trovato

Station Date: Time to Retire

What a fucking shift.

Alright, so it starts normally enough. Sort of. Within three minutes, we have people calling for help, and murders underway. I expect nothing less honestly. Apparently the chaplain was getting murdered by the librarian. Typical. So Security runs for this, and the librarian was killed by a pair of vigilantes. They were thrown into perma, thankfully, for participating in a murder. I figure this will be a one off thing, and the rest of the shift will go smoothly. And I figure that, and as always that gets proven quite wrong. Either way, I move to Blue Alert just to be safe.

I always have all my channels on so I can relay information if there's no head available, or if I am directly requested. It's just a thing that I do for the sake of assisting and commanding as best I can. So, with that in mind, of course someone screams out that the Chief Medical Officer was killing them within seconds after I raise the alert. I figured it was a bit of a ploy, and not the truth, so I ran over anyway just to see. As I get there, of course, there's a huge crowd gathered around and the CMO being beaten past death. I figured it was a misunderstanding, and then the CMO's arm cracks back into an arm, retracting the armblade thing. Well fuck, changelings. So I run the CMO to the crematorium, fire it up, and fire the ling down. Ashes to ashes.

Mission accomplished. I guess.

So the shift continues, nothing of note really happens for a while. There's a few minor emergencies that crop up, but ultimately nothing major occurs. The librarian, however, ends up wanting a trial, and they talked Internal Affairs into believing they were the victim and were acting in self defense. Since there was no Magistrate, I got to have the "honor" of carrying out a trial. Naturally I put on my Condom Suit Parade Dress, grabbed the magistrate's gavel, and proceeded to the holodeck. I was so excited to do something new. It was... well, new. It was kind of fun. So the trial starts, evidence starts getting presented... which amounts to a single transcript and no actual forensic evidence.

I was a bit irate. I berated the IAA for trying to be a lawyer and not Internal Affairs, and then not having all their evidence in place before the trial. Because if the evidence was in - the Detective was performing an autopsy on the body of the chaplain and the librarian - then the trial would have been unnecessary. Almost like a courtroom drama, the Detective strolls in, I analyze the evidence, and I found the one thing that rendered the trial pointless. The chaplain - who was killed by the Librarian, whom was the defendant of the trial - was murdered with an armblade. Immediately the Agent dismissed the case, I banged the gavel, and I called it a day. I never did find out what happened to them. While we couldn't actually prove they were a changeling, we knew that they at least committed a murder.

Trial complete, I had my moment of pretending to be a magistrate or something, so I go back to standing on the bridge and pretending I give a shit about anything going on that doesn't directly concern me. After this trial, I got myself a drink, where the clown decided to try to say myself and the clown were married. Fuck that. I hit them with the baton a couple times, and it made me feel much better. I got my drink and went back to my office, just in time for some sort of vortex anomaly to show up. Unprotected, I run to analyze it, then disarm it. I mention unprotected, because it breached the brig. Ultimately the injuries were minor - I only had to scream through a surgery to fix my lungs - and people were saved. Yay me.

Again, another slow period set in. I ordered auto rifles for myself and the Blueshield, because fuck it, Cargo had the points and didn't mind approving the orders. I simply made the request, they authorized it. It was mostly for ballistic bling (Blingistic?). Someone makes a passing remark to me, the one that was attacked by the first CMO, asking if I knew whether or not the new CMO was a changeling or not. I simply said "Probably not". Oh how that'll bite me in the ass.

Within two minutes after that being asked, the CMO attacks a person with an armblade in the bar. They were taken down, but managed to escape, prompting the short red alert as they were hunted, eventually being found still in Medical. I almost was kind and spared them. But then I said fuck it, incinerate. So I did. Ashes to Ashes, again. Fucking changelings. So I managed, in one shift to get a changeling CMO, and then promote a changeling to CMO. What the fuck are the odds of that shit? Next time, I need better vetting, or NT needs to tell me how the fuck to identify changelings so I can properly check people for this shit.

CMO dead, shit back to normal, alcohol time. I start getting drunk, and then a blob appears. We destroy the hell out of that, and then we evacuate. All is well, I survive to captain another day, and I write this log once I get back home. And now, I will drink just so much alcohol.

And no, I won't discuss how Central was trying to force me to marry the clown, or the AI was trying to force me to marry the bartender, both of which are female. Do people really think I am fucking male?

Moral of the Story: Just... fuck CMOs. Fuck them all.

I know I mentioned this in the shift, but if it's any consolation the replacement CMO had a body in his locker and I didn't suspect him either. Hooray for thickheaded blueshields

• 2 weeks later...
Log #3801

Station Date: Happily Blind

You know a shift is going to be bad when you check the manifest and see that every single command position is taken by a Vulpkanin. Except the Captain. They were an Unathi with a pirate fetish. That's relevant pretty quickly. Anyway, so I realize I am dealing with a ragtag band of misfits very quickly. The Head of Personnel was an individual I'll politely call "eye-searingly bright". I am blind now, but I am sure anyone that ends up reading these things is also well aware of who I mean, much to the detriment of everyone.

Regardless, I get to the bridge and the Head of Personnel is tearing up all the tiles and starting to replace it with metal reinforced floors. If I could see, I could say the hex pattern isn't really the most eye pleasing, and the "reinforcement" is like putting a sheet of paper over cardboard, but no matter. If it makes the command staff feel better, I suppose it's not the absolute worst thing that can happen. While this is going on, the captain takes advantage of no one caring to slip into the AI upload and upload a law to make the AI talk like a pirate.

It was okay because the Captain was SSD all day anyway and ultimately the AI stopped doing it after a while since it was of minimal importance. Of course, being blind, I thankfully couldn't see the pointless construction going on on the bridge. For some reason someone took it upon themselves to add a bunch of blue and purple chairs as well as a glass table right in the middle of the bridge. I only know what the colors were because I can hear colors I guess? I don't know. Science!

So I return to my office with intent to just wait on the heads of staff to do something completely and utterly fucking retarded. I wasn't disappointed, but I am sure for anyone that ends up reading these things - probably CentCom unless someone got access to my private servers. I really should change the password on those...

But I digress.

I wasn't disappointed in the end. Not long after getting back to my office, Neon Green is shouting for help in the radio. Being blind, I can only listen and ask questions. What I found out was this: The Head of Security and the Blueshield decided to team up and cuff Neon Green to drag them to Genetics. The Research Director and CMO were unaware of this, of course. In the time it takes me to start writing the fax, he was turned to a less eye damaging color from what I understand. Ultimately the fax wasn't responded to, and Neon Green ended up going to cryo.

The highlight of the shift, however, is the fact that the Chief Medical Officer did something that no other chief would do. Aside from actually doing his job, he took it a step further and decided to do some sort strange experimentation on people for the simple sake of "why the fuck not?". At least, that's how I look at it. Since I have the fax in question on my person still, here's a direct quote of what happened: "Well first I grabbed a skrell form genetics as well as a vulpkanin. ███ came along and donated his arms. I added skrell and slime arm to the vulpkanin body and then swapped heads and lower body with the patient. After that I injected her UI and UE and she stands with me now."

Jesus Christ. Just reading that again makes me happy to be blind. Why do people insist on doing this shit? It's not strictly illegal, but it's weird as hell. I mean, ethically, it's questionable. I can scream that as much as I want though, and I can talk about my religion seeing this as some great evil, but it's also not strictly true, I admit. I find it weird, but also fascinating. The potential of species anatomical transfusions, despite the biological differences, can open up whole new doors of research and medical advancement. At the very least it can ███████████ █████ ███ ██ █ █████████ ████ ███████ ████████ █████ ███████████ ███ ███ ██ █████████████████████████ ███████████████ ███████ █████ ███ ██████ ███ ██████ █████.

Oh. Huh. Sol censored that. Understandable.

Anyway, I compiled a report with my fax, the experimentation authorization, and even a photo. I also saved the copy of that announcement. I never got a fax back, just a giant announcement over the intercoms and the transcript at a comms console. So, a quick quote as I pulled from that transcript: "Hum... I don't know what to say, really. The Ethic Commitee is yelling in one of my ears to fire a BSA round at your Chief Medical Officer, while the Genetics and Experimental Surgery Department are yelling in the other to give him a prize."

Rest of the shift went well enough, though I had an odd headache most of the day afterward. Even being in the presence of such a thing is strange to deal with. And that is why I am glad I am blind. Trying to make sense of such a creature would surely boggle my mind. This is why I am not a scientist. That and I am too old to try to learn that stuff.

Moral of the Story: Never trust CMOs. I mean. Somehow trust CMOs less than I already do. They're all either mad scientists or changelings in my experience. Or just incompetent, but those make up the minority.

Another good write up. I'm surprised you didn't include the mentioning of the others when I brought it up and the reaction towards it (priceless: -what-).

I know Luca stopped trusting CMOs a while ago but I guess I took the cake there, while doing my job and not killing anyone (permanently).

Another good write up. I'm surprised you didn't include the mentioning of the others when I brought it up and the reaction towards it (priceless: -what-).

I know Luca stopped trusting CMOs a while ago but I guess I took the cake there, while doing my job and not killing anyone (permanently).

At least you weren't a changeling. But yes, never trust the blue coat. They'll either suck out your fluids absorb you or turn you into an abomination. Or just saw your head off because 'LOOC: How do surgery work?'.

It took me reading this to realize that Luca isn't a guy.

Huzzah for at least somewhat gender ambiguous names. I think.

███ came along and donated his arms.

Finally, i am relevant.

Even through the implied censor.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use