Vox Raiders

RobBrown4pm

I'd like to suggest that some of the rules be changed to how Vox Raider rounds are handled, specifically in-regards to how they are/can be treated by the crew.

Vox Raider rounds offer up a great opportunity for solid RP between the crew and the antags. I suggest that instead of Vox Raiders being considered KOS targets, that the rules be changed to offer them some leniency, so until they outright prove to be a criminal threat that they be treated as guests of the station. Today for example there was a Vox Raider round where in which I was one of the raiders and my crew and I went to the mining asteroid to trade. Without boo even being said by the miners they quite literally drilled holes in our heads, even though we continually stated we were there for trade.

I joined this server because of the way RP'ing is valued by the admins and large portion of the community. Giving the Vox Raiders some opportunity to RP without being considered out-right Antags would be fun for all, especially since the Vox are considered one of my favorite species to interact with.

Our RP standards have changed over the past few months.

Unfortunately, we are mostly light RP now.

In other words, something like this just isn't possible, no matter how good it is.

Edited by Guest

Not entirely true, this is less a circumstance of Light RP and more that everyone treats antags as a "kill on sight" status and don't allow them ANY room to work.

That's Light RP.

Edited by Guest

Our RP standards have changed over the past few months.

We are mostly light RP now.

In other words, something like this just isn't possible, no matter how good it is.

Regardless of the change I think that it might be a healthy change. The community is still very RP heavy, at least at night time anyways, and I think the community would enjoy it. This is why I'm making the suggestion.

Not entirely true, this is less a circumstance of Light RP and more that everyone treats antags as a "kill on sight" status and don't allow them ANY room to work.

And the way that the Vox Raiders are written in to the game there is plenty of middle ground to work with. They could easily fit in to a hybrid category, which might be described as something of a Antag/Guest of the station mix.

The main issue is the current version of vox raiders is mostly the design of the gamemode/vox ship is intended for vox traders, whilst it's still within the rules to kill someone just for being noncrew vox. It's the same kind of player who'll go around with weedkiller spraying nymphs.

Wizard also suffers from this problem, with rounds usually ending early due to people being 'friendly' wizards and getting lynched for it, though that's the wizard's prerogative, mostly.

Wizard also suffers from this problem, with rounds usually ending early due to people being 'friendly' wizards and getting lynched for it, though that's the wizard's prerogative, mostly.

They deserve it. You are given a godlike mayhem-machine and you want to go to a tea party? Get toolboxed to death.

To "fix" the gamemode, just give the Vox backpacks and some more toys to play around with.

So many Traider rounds go bad because the vox don't have anywhere to put their god damn ammo, and all they have to "trade" with is a bunch of trash and a handful of precious traitor items.

Killing them on sight though, before they have any chance to interact is pretty dickish if not powergaming.

Unless they're a wizard, damn space terrorists...

Traders worked better than raiders.

I beg to differ, Trader rounds were so boring half the server would up and leave during them.

Raiders is a round of undergeared nukeops with ridiculously hard objectives sent in to station for validhunters to murderbone and then brag about their ebin frags.

I admit, I had multiple rounds where I was "Wut, it was trade round?" at the end, rarely got bored, station is a sandbox.

I think they should actually dock on the station, instead of just floating nearby. This would give their arrival a sense of legitimacy and the crew would probably be less likely to kill them on sight. Especially if their arrivals was coupled with a centcomm announcement telling the crew they are guests.

I think they should still have the option of being either traders or raiders, but this would probably make people less likely to kill them if they choose to be peaceful.

Going off the idea of them having the option to be raiders or traders, here's an idea I came up with.

How about giving them two sets of objectives where they have to complete multiple minor and major objectives but the major objectives are mainly how they win the round. Then command gets a fax from cc telling them about a trade ship nearby with stuff made from what they believe to be advanced technology and encourages command to secure some items for research.

Minor objectives would reflect the small objectives like get 5 eguns or get some ore from cargo

Major objectives would be the big ones like get the nuke or some high priority item and kidnap objectives (maybe make it so they have kidnap someone from command at the very least).

Then maybe mess with their victory conditions a bit for example,

All objectives complete and at least 1 vox escapes - major vox win

Major objectives complete, no minor objectives done, and all vox escape - major vox win

At least one major objective complete, all minor objectives done, and all vox escape - minor vox win

No major objectives done, all minor objectives done, and all vox escape - minor crew victory

Nothing done - Major crew victory

So with win conditions like that, as a vox raider you can choose between being friendly with the crew and then once you get the minor stuff out the way you can afford some casualties trying to get the big stuff or you can go in and try and get all your major objectives done fast and leave.

And since the vox can't win just by doing all the minor objectives, command won't feel bad for trading with vox.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use