Muh clothing vending machines.

Spacemanspark

Only YOU can save our clothing venchine machines!  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

During a map update that happened today, we removed the vending machines, bar the autodrobe (Now in the derelict dance bar), from auxiliary storage. They were replaced with some clothing lockers. I would like to place these vending machines back, I don't see why these were removed in the first place. Players like to decorate themselves quite often, and we shouldn't be trying to prevent style.

I promise I'm not making this because Kei can't get a darkblue jumpsuit anymore.

Edited by Guest

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been talked over a little and will need further discussion, but:

-the uniform/shoe/hat vendors will not be coming back

-further thought/discussion is needed on the auto-drobe and may be coming back. Technically speaking, this is supposed to be a clown/mime only thing--final decision is pending.

I've always been one for having lots of customization options. It's a nice way to make a character more recognizable and it just adds a little something extra. I just don't really understand why this choice was made. There is a whole lot of clothing that isn't exactly a 'costume' that is in the Autodrobe and it's a shame to lose out on that stuff.

One of my characters is a civilian. She exists purely for when I don't feel like doing a job and I just kinda want to hang out but the first thing I used to do was go to get her a cute outfit. She looks pretty bad in a grey jumpsuit and with the current set up she cant possibly get to the Autodrobe because of the maintenance access required and even if she manages to get that access there is no guarantee that she'll be able to use that vendor if no one has set that room up.

Is it possible to have a new vendor added with the non-costume items back into the dorms? Maybe even a vendor that costs credits to get clothing from? I really would like to see some of the other clothing that is in the files to be obtainable in game too. There are a whole lot of really cute outfits/dresses that aren't used as far as I can tell.

Personally my fashion choices were mostly more about the practicality of it rather than style, like looting sunglasses from maint, fire helmets, magboots if I'm feeling even more powergamey, welding masks and so on, but I could never say no to some good fashion if I'm playing a role with little relevance, like Civilian (One of which had a dress code that was all the hacked items from all 3 of the vendors: jackboots, tacticool and bear pelt, none of which are now available to him, so he's a sad slime.) or Barber, or whatever.

I really don't know why you would remove hats, shoes and jumpsuits from people. I mean, from our uninformed player perspective, it just seems like you don't want us to customize ourselves, I don't know what kind of issues having access to green shoes were having, or fedoras and fezes, or pink jumpsuits. God-forbid Kei gets his blue jumpsuit and Alissa gets to look like an abandoned hooker.

Besides that, you actually kept the AutoDrobe - the ONE vendor that had less customization and more costumization. It seems really weird, since we can dress up like a Wizard, Witch, Magistrate or get a ridiculous WH40k priest outfit or a Plague Doctor outfit, but PINK SHOES?! NEVER! This seems like you didn't want to reduce or remove the ridiculousness of the outfits, but rather remove the ability to customize the.. default look of a player?

I really, really don't know what this change is all about. Maybe Fox/whoever saw the extra 3 vendors as irrelevant since they were meant to serve the same purpose as the AutoDrobe in his mind, maybe it was something else, either way, we don't really have a reason, so we're all unhappy. Except that one guy who voted no. Who was he? I'd like to know.

I honestly don't know why this change was made. Of all the issues that are around the server, people dressing themselves up in fancy and cute costumes is probably near the rock bottom. From what I believe and from what I see. there is little to no reason to remove the machines and nobody (except that one guy who voted no) actually had a problem with it.

It would be unrealistic for nanotrasen to place costume dispensers on a high security interstellar space station for their workers to play around with. I vote no to bring them back. You want your character to have style? Well if you need an autodrobe to get style you never had any in the first place.

It would be unrealistic for nanotrasen to place costume dispensers on a high security interstellar space station for their workers to play around with. I vote no to bring them back. You want your character to have style? Well if you need an autodrobe to get style you never had any in the first place.

You are mistaken. The autodrobe was the ONLY thing left. They took out the regular clothing machines.

You are mistaken. The autodrobe was the ONLY thing left. They took out the regular clothing machines.

The autodrobe is also no longer in the clothing room, but in the dressing room of a secluded maintenance bar.

turd argument for and by toilet people

It doesn't matter how "realistic" this is. This is a video game. A thing people play to have fun. Not a thing that people play to accurately simulate deep space life in 2550 or whatever.

If you would like to play a game that accurately simulates deep space life on a space station in 2550 or something, I am sure there is a game made by Excalibur Publishing for that.

I am sure that it is not a fun game. I am sure that it is not a game that you would want to play, because it is boring and tedious and incredibly dull.

Arguments of "realism" or "lore" should never be used to justify actual gameplay changes or even minor changes like this, wherein something that was never a problem and had no actual gameplay problems and served only to increase the fun of the round was removed for no discernible reason.

It would be unrealistic for NanoTrasen to have clowns and mimes on a high security interstellar space station for their workers to be bothered with antics. I vote no to clowns and mimes. You want the station to have some fun? Well, if you need clowns to have fun working on a station you never had any fun in your life.

If you want to remove hilarious/idiotic features, clothing machines would have to be the last things to go.

Ahhh...as the others have said, this is NOT a fluff/lore issue.

The clothing machines only served to support players who ignored their job and just wanted to play dress up / vigilante / slacker.

I'm happy with them staying gone.

Please provide proof of these players, because I've NEVER seen this. People decide what they want and get on with their job.

The clothing machines only served to support players who ignored their job and just wanted to play dress up / vigilante / slacker.

But there should still be that option! Give them the option to screw around there and they might not go full greytide.

Idiots that don't do their jobs will ALWAYS exist! Better they play a greyshirt and screw around with clothing then play an engineering, loot gloves and break into sec.

I'm happy with them staying gone.

I feel this is way more your opinion than the truth. I see people dress up and screw around, but you guys left the costume machine in the game still and took out the other ones.

If the costumes are only used by those people, why leave ONLY that option?

That, and the people will just waste MORE time to run over, get the autodrobe, place it somewhere else, and then have to turn the APC off and on again to get it to work, THEN choose what they want.

So, yes, that is pretty bad logic. With the other ones, you knew what jumpsuit/ hat/ shoes you wanted, and you got it and left. Maybe hacked the machines to get the other options, but other than that there wasn't really any messing around. I've sat FULL rounds in that room as Kei, when I played civilian. That's what they did. When I latejoin or start at the beginning of a round, I go there to get the darkblue jumpsuit (Which is now just blue.) and don't see too many others go there. I get what I need and go.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use