Muh clothing vending machines.

Spacemanspark

Only YOU can save our clothing venchine machines!  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I feel this is way more your opinion than the truth

Of course it's my opinion, that's why this is a poll.

If I had my way, there'd be no costumes other than alternate but official clothing for all jobs, such as the nurse uniform in medical. This thread is about the vending machines that have gone, not any others.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel this is way more your opinion than the truth

Of course it's my opinion, that's why this is a poll.

If I had my way, there'd be no costumes other than alternate but official clothing for all jobs, such as the nurse uniform in medical. This thread is about the vending machines that have gone, not any others.

So you want to take the silliness out of ss13? Why not remove the clown and mime, the deep fryer, the clown planet, bananas, or anything else vaguely silly? Like your character name. It should go too as it is made to be humorous and it no longer has a place here. Ho hum!

Auto-drobe has been returned; the three original machines have not returned (and likely will not be), but they are constructable with frames if you order the supplies for them from cargo.

Idiots that don't do their jobs will ALWAYS exist! Better they play a greyshirt and screw around with clothing then play an engineering, loot gloves and break into sec.

That's friggin' true. I hate getting useless command. I hate getting useless cargo technicians. And AutoDrobe is not the cause of this problem.

They're simply filthy pubbers!

So you want to take the silliness out of ss13? Why not remove the clown and mime, the deep fryer, the clown planet, bananas, or anything else vaguely silly? Like your character name. It should go too as it is made to be humorous and it no longer has a place here. Ho hum!

I prefer roleplay over "silliness", and that's my personal opinion, so yes. You don't agree with my opinion that's fine. My name is not humorous, it's actually named after the original citadel paint colour, and is not a reference for humor. Quite how you'd see it as such is beyond me.

We don't get to choose our own perfect game, we just get to play the closest thing to it. We all make compromises in this way.

The whole point of this game is how silly and paranoia inducing it is. Roleplay is very important, too, yes, don't get me wrong.

NanoTrasen wouldn't hire pretty much /ANY/ of the players In game characters we come up with.

I prefer roleplay over "silliness", and that's my personal opinion, so yes. You don't agree with my opinion that's fine. My name is not humorous, it's actually named after the original citadel paint colour, and is not a reference for humor. Quite how you'd see it as such is beyond me.

We don't get to choose our own perfect game, we just get to play the closest thing to it. We all make compromises in this way.

And that is your PERSONAL opinion. You should limit the freedom of the majority solely to fit YOUR play style. The majority of players like, use, or just support the clothing machines. You shouldn't take away their ability to use it because you don't find it serious enough.

At this rate we'll be bay level Seriousness

The point is that the game in its current state is way too silly to go after little clothing vendors. It's not supposed to be like that. Logically speaking, the removal would be irrelevant to the overall feel/character of the game.

It would do no good. Like a drop in the sea.

And that is your PERSONAL opinion. You should limit the freedom of the majority solely to fit YOUR play style. The majority of players like, use, or just support the clothing machines. You shouldn't take away their ability to use it because you don't find it serious enough.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, I just thought I'd share my opinion. I'm not taking away anything here...

This is suposed to be MEDIUM roleplay. As such I question attempts to make our roleplay stricter than that of Bay.

I know what your forum and c-key name is a reference to. I meant the character name in your signature. The one that is just a chemical split into a first and last name.

Fuck, Baystation even has a coded in feature so you can customize your character right in the lobby, to an extent.

Give them a beret, bomber jacket, sunglasses, webbing vests, whatever (Granted some of these are job tied, meaning you have to be a certain job to wear that item [Officer beret {Blue} would go with security, for example}.).

I also find it funny that we do this to 'encourage higher RP standards' but then add in instastuns which destroy a whole lot of those standards.

Fuck, Baystation even has a coded in feature so you can customize your character right in the lobby, to an extent.

Give them a beret, bomber jacket, sunglasses, webbing vests, whatever (Granted some of these are job tied, meaning you have to be a certain job to wear that item [Officer beret {Blue} would go with security, for example}.).

I also find it funny that we do this to 'encourage higher RP standards' but then add in instastuns which destroy a whole lot of those standards.

Adding this would probably satiate most people. The issue is this limits our abillity to customize our characters. We want those machines so we can stand out.

Nope, /tg/station has this as well, it was to try and stop Greytide, though the idea failed miserably.

We are porting all the /tg/ things, for some reason.

You'd THINK if a community was telling you vehemently, over and over, that they don't want these changes, that you wouldn't add them. Or at least consult with the community before doing it. Thirty people want the vending machines back. THIRTY.

Edited by Guest

To follow up with this, a bit; all civilians will now spawn in with a randomly colored jumpsuit.

Please tell me that was a joke.

Nope; adds a bit of diversity to an otherwise underclass.

Adding this would probably satiate most people. The issue is this limits our abillity to customize our characters. We want those machines so we can stand out.

Amen. Stand out in a world of SS13 pixel art. Pretty hard to do without proper tools.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use