Make flashlights need batteries

Charliminator

So they run out of charge if you use them too long, and then you need to replace their batteries.

It sorta doesn't make sense that flashlights have infinite charge. Where is the power coming from? 

I dunno how long a standard battery should last however. maybe like, 30 minutes? make it give some tells  as your battery is running low like "your flashlight flickers"

*should* be fairly easy to code. Famous last words.

I wanna know what you guys think.

• Like 4

By that sense, isn't there many other things that would need batteries as well? station bounced radio's, crew monitors, geiger counters.... etc etc.

Doesn't seem like it would be that fun.

• Like 1

You could feasibly say that all of these things that require batteries have strong enough batteries to last for a few hours without the batteries being changed tho

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Woje said:

What's the point?

paranoia. Imagine walking through maints.... then you light flickers off.... you are alone in the dark... 

Interdepartmental Co-operation. Science can upgrade peoples batteries or fully negate the need for replacing them with yellow slimes.

We have many mechanics like this that require you to do things to maintain something. Food is a prime example of this.

It also gives cells more of a use. Cells get used for primarily 4 things. Stunbatons/prods , mechs, cyborgs and APCs. surely cells could be used for more things right? 

IDK if I am fully commited to the idea. I just wanted to hear what people think first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charliminator said:

paranoia. Imagine walking through maints.... then you light flickers off.... you are alone in the dark... 

Interdepartmental Co-operation. Science can upgrade peoples batteries or fully negate the need for replacing them with yellow slimes.

We have many mechanics like this that require you to do things to maintain something. Food is a prime example of this.

It also gives cells more of a use. Cells get used for primarily 4 things. Stunbatons/prods , mechs, cyborgs and APCs. surely cells could be used for more things right? 

IDK if I am fully commited to the idea. I just wanted to hear what people think first.

Listen here mane. If you want more horror elements for this game I have far better suggestions than adding something this tedious.

I really like the idea, more things that contribute to a horror element are great.

I don't really think this contributes to horror as much as it does "Hey robotics print out ten cells for me k thx" 

And I swear if I have to answer several dozen requests like that I'm going to cry. 

Realism doesn't gameplay make good all of the time. I think there's a fine difference between, say, an idea to have a person remove clothing prior to surgery... and making people just want to stock up on ten dozen cells each shift. I feel this would be more tedious than beneficial. 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use