Better Non lethal shotgun ammo

SkeletalElite

Currently, no one uses beanbags because they're not very good and no one uses tranq because its not very good.

But what if we combined the two, beanbag tranqs, now we're looking at a good stun thats limited in supply but is effective at dealing with multiple assailants ie. a riot.

I love using beanbags on unruly prisoners when I'm warden. They do massive stamina damage. I'm aware a taser set to disabler is easier. Shotgun is more fun. What are they supposed to do, kill?

Just as things are currently non lethally dealing with multiple people can be very difficult due to wake up shaking and just getting them all cuffed or tied before someone swoops in to save them. These rounds would be effective at dealing with crowds but no more effective at dealing with a single target than other stun methods.

Flash bang, then bean bag? I dunno. I'm always down for more unique ammo. I wouldn't get rid of the individual ones. Perhaps some actual rubber "buckshot" shotgun rounds that do a stun as well as the stamina damage. As opposed to just the bean bag. A hefty stun perhaps. I mean there is no way you can cuff more than 2 people on your typical good stun. At that point you are finishing up and maybe starting a third. How do you drag or consolidate that many people? I can see it more as a dispersing method or a way to stun a group hard and pluck the currently wanted out of it. Then consider setting other aides and abettors to arrest once the current wanted is secured. A lot to consider. Heaven forbid one of those 5 ish people gets that stunshotgun from ya though.

55 minutes ago, Malphystoh said:

Flash bang, then bean bag? I dunno. I'm always down for more unique ammo. I wouldn't get rid of the individual ones. Perhaps some actual rubber "buckshot" shotgun rounds that do a stun as well as the stamina damage. As opposed to just the bean bag. A hefty stun perhaps. I mean there is no way you can cuff more than 2 people on your typical good stun. At that point you are finishing up and maybe starting a third. How do you drag or consolidate that many people? I can see it more as a dispersing method or a way to stun a group hard and pluck the currently wanted out of it. Then consider setting other aides and abettors to arrest once the current wanted is secured. A lot to consider. Heaven forbid one of those 5 ish people gets that stunshotgun from ya though.

The idea behind these rounds is they do an initial staminda damage stun as well as ether you. Basically resulting in a stun then they fall asleep for some time. That way you can deal with an entire crowd of people after stunning/sleeping all of them.

My dream item is a cigar box-like item that holds dedicated "Warden Rounds" 

Ammo for the shotguns that will ensure any unruly briggies stay down, like clowns, tator-rots, the one engineer that decided pipes needed to go directly to the armory and more clowns.

Like, tazer-slugs but with the added dose of sleepy-juice.

I love using them but... When you are Security officer and allowed to use the shotgun because the Armory is permitted to be open due of obvious lethal reason: It'd be a waste not taking lethal shells instead.

I remember there being a Boozer round that made the person you shoot basically black out drunk, but it's a traitor item, a bartender traitor item, but it's still fun to use, even though it is a tool used to brutally murder someone, in my case at least.

The rubber shot in standard riot shotguns is already insanely good(and it is buckshot form). People just never use them ever really. They bypass all armor, good chance to break bones, and do lots of stamina damage. They're far superior to beanbags really. Though more could be added, there is a better armmo type than beanbag and taser already in-game.

On 9/16/2018 at 5:02 PM, Mitchs98 said:

The rubber shot in standard riot shotguns is already insanely good(and it is buckshot form). People just never use them ever really. They bypass all armor, good chance to break bones, and do lots of stamina damage. They're far superior to beanbags really. Though more could be added, there is a better armmo type than beanbag and taser already in-game.

The problem is though, in 90% of situations, it doesnt matter how good a stun is because it just has to be good enough, and in 90% of situations, the taser is good enough. This is strictly an idea for an anti riot shotgun ammo. Whats anti riot about it, is that it puts the target down for a long time. Yes that's better than the taser, but that doesn't matter because in almost every situation you don't need a very long stun time to deal with the problem and the taser is good enough. Basically it would fill a niche circumstance, but unlike the taser, is limited in supply.

Also because there seems to be confusion, this ammo would not have a buckshot spread effect, it would fire a single projectile like slugs

Edited by SkeletalElite

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use