New Potential Magboot Sprites?

Dumbdumn5

People seem to be complaining about the ugliness of magboots in recent threads, mostly complaints about them being bulky and obstructive. The only problem with these is that, with current hardsuit sprites, they won't be visible through the shoes on the suit sprite itself. For the purpose of aesthetics, somebody might want to lop the feet off the current suit sprites if anyone would like to add these in. DM over discord if you'd like the DMIs or want to put up a PR to get them in-game. I've made an engineering, advanced, medical, paramedic, and security boots sprite so-as to compliment each hardsuit's aesthetic.

Engineering:

Spoiler

engboots.png.8cf9388901e4b2237e650badba146819.png

Advanced:

Spoiler

advboots.png.effc086b9158d9a04c6f33940107c8eb.png

Medical:

Spoiler

medboots.png.5f1aa52bdb39c4ee1bfa1a3003b1b5ed.png

Paramedic:

Spoiler

paramedboots.png.4bf35d457da73204acd20b21fc3173db.png

Security:

Spoiler

secboots.png.de7518605990bd5e229cee7ee7955209.png

Mining:

Spoiler

minboots.png.fa80f609f2be755ce076fe2ca66b69ae.png

(EDIT: Added Mining Boots)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I could make the things bulkier if they have to look weighty, I just noticed a lot of people were complaining about the neon yellow bricks strapped to their feet.

11 minutes ago, bigfatbananacyclops said:

I like them, will there be a new sprite for the science made magboots?

I could make one depending on what people have in mind. should I go for a more greyscale look as if they were just shat out with metal or sci's usual purple and white?

Honestly, i'm really biased about fashion stuff. i would never wear a medhud unless i get an implant because i'd ratter have sunglasses or i prefer to don't wear a helmet to use my bandana. I would really love to see a some kind of foot implant that will let people get themself implant and make it work like magboots

Honestly I think you should just make a rainbow of magboots, one for each jumpsuit colour. Then just make the magboot's colour toggleable or crayon-able or washable. Otherwise you have to make one for every department.

Though these sprites do look really nice.

24 minutes ago, Dumbdumn5 said:

Just let me know what color you'd like them! Might do Streaky's plan though

White with purple as a secondary color would be my idea! :)

edit: or purple with black :thinking: ?

Edited by Bobalobdob

36 minutes ago, Bobalobdob said:

White with purple as a secondary color would be my idea! :)

edit: or purple with black :thinking: ?

Purple and black is kinda of abductory, I think purple and white is better

• Like 1

@Jovaniph They look a bit off on some of the possible uniforms, as they were mostly designed around the theme and color scheme of each of the hardsuits. Sci boots and rainbow of boots for @Streaky Haddock will be done when I get back home from school later today.

Security Magboots:

Spoiler

humanoidsecboots.png.eb9d6dadee80f2a204f58407a204425f.png

Medical Magboots:

Spoiler

humanoidmedboots.png.fe9f0e0a90bd4c1f1a24f6500357f9a5.png

Paramedic's Magboots:

Spoiler

humanoidparamedboots.png.18407fc900cf247b0035618dd39ad73c.png

Engineering Magboots:

Spoiler

humanoidengboots.png.2e5aa6d701e666063931e5cd518a2eb2.png

Advanced Magboots:

Spoiler

humanoidadvboots.png.09a623cb96909d301d0f6a0756f7538c.png

Shaft Miner's Magboots:

Spoiler

humanoidminboots.png.fa32932cbb825cdf44ca03a7609ecebb.png

• Thanks 1

Mechanic should get a pair of special magboots and suit, which was planned I believe.

on a side note, we should give the clown magboots that invert their movement controls, For Making them suffer Fun!

• angryeyes 1
  • clown 2
  • honk 1

The Shaft Miner magboots look so great I'd probably steal them instead of using the ones supplied to engineering.

This is a great idea though. My biggest gripe with fastmos apart from killing you with flung objects even when you have magboots on is that magboots are butt ugly thigh high stompers that make you look like you beat obesity out of every part of your body except the ankles.

• Like 1

What if these were " Advanced " Magboots that (other than the captain? ) need to be researched? Make them expensive to build, high tech level. Extra points if they don't slow you down while enabled. ADVANCED >.<

• Like 2

I'm not a fan of how sleek they look. I quite like the bulky look of the current magboots. (In no small part because they look like a reference to some Megaman armors)

Having something a little more like that, but with the fancy toe lights, and the different colors could be cool though.

The main issue I see with these is that they really aren't very distinct from more regular footwear apart from the light on the toe. What I like the most about the magboots is that you can tell, very easily at a glance that they are big and heavy, distinct industrial equipment. They stand out, and in a good way, I feel. 

These ones don't stand out to me, they just look like boots with a light on one toe.

• Thanks 1

On 11/7/2017 at 1:52 AM, SP00K_E said:

This is a great idea though. My biggest gripe with fastmos apart from killing you with flung objects even when you have magboots on is that magboots are butt ugly thigh high stompers that make you look like you beat obesity out of every part of your body except the ankles.

I think the term you're looking for is "cankles" ha ha. The sprites look nice, although I don' t mind the current style. I agree with VerySoft, they should look like industrial equipment.

If these were merged in game i would suddenly find my self liking magboots. I just refuse to wear magboots even if i have them, instead putting them in backpack just in case, even then i rarely do that.

I would actually stop hating new atmos, because i'd be wanting to wear magboots more often since they look awesome.

On the side note i think having lights on both boots would be better. But either way they look amazing.

Really hope these sprites make it into game. But even then dumbdumn sprites are always great. (looking at that unathi sec hardsuit, maintainers Y U NO ADD IT?)

Edited by Nayser
poor grammar
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use