Syndicate Duffelbag shouldn't be contraband

trexter555

Agreed. It literally does not have an illegal use. I've had officers chase me for having bags, and once was threatened with perma for having a bag and a military belt (the belt I understand as you can ltierally have guns in it).

Oh no, it's painted the colors of the enemy. So's syndicate brand soap. And playing cards. Shit, even the big S balloon, while a blatant giveaway, is not contraband. So why is a bag which only offers dufflebag storage without the usual slow of carrying a dufflebag illegal? I've literally had sec ignore murderers to try and wrangle it off me because everyone knows nobody who actually carries one openly is an antag and therfor it makes you a safe target to chase around and arrest.

18 minutes ago, Hylocereus said:

Agreed. It literally does not have an illegal use. I've had officers chase me for having bags, and once was threatened with perma for having a bag and a military belt (the belt I understand as you can ltierally have guns in it).

Oh no, it's painted the colors of the enemy. So's syndicate brand soap. And playing cards. Shit, even the big S balloon, while a blatant giveaway, is not contraband. So why is a bag which only offers dufflebag storage without the usual slow of carrying a dufflebag illegal? I've literally had sec ignore murderers to try and wrangle it off me because everyone knows nobody who actually carries one openly is an antag and therfor it makes you a safe target to chase around and arrest.

Quick, get Sam

I agree, it's honestly a waste of time trying to arrest someone for having that dufflebag, it's just a dufflebag that doesnt slow you down and haves alot of storage, should be moved to Non-Contraband section.
Let's be real, it's just a normal bag like any other is.

Edited by bigfatbananacyclops

That being said... Didn't someone get fired for drinking Pepsi at a Coke factory? Instead let's fire people for using rival brands on company property! (I'm joking)

• Like 1

The Surgery dufflebag,  should be removed from contraband but hell no to removing the belt.

It can store any small item and should be counted as contraband.

If any HOS clears you for using a military belt, Ahelp that, because they are breaking Space Law hard letting you use contraband.

Also, if you use any Class C item while committing a Major crime, such as using a military belt with tools in it and use said tools to break into a secure area, that automatically makes you a EOC and can get thrown in perma for it.

Edited by HarakoniWarhawk
  • stunbaton 1

22 minutes ago, HarakoniWarhawk said:

The Surgery dufflebag,  should be removed from contraband but hell no to removing the belt.

It can store any small item and should be counted as contraband.

If any HOS clears you for using a military belt, Ahelp that, because they are breaking Space Law hard letting you use contraband.

Also, if you use any Class C item while committing a Major crime, such as using a military belt with tools in it and use said tools to break into a secure area, that automatically makes you a EOC and can get thrown in perma for it.

Why would you ahelp something that can easily be resolve ICly?

1 hour ago, Ralta said:

Why would you ahelp something that can easily be resolve ICly?

Because last night on the Discord Tully mentioned that members of sec giving people permission to use contraband is breaking Space Law and thus is a Ahelpable matter.

Basically Sec is required by Space Law to confiscate contraband and giving people permission to use contraband is a massive breach of Space Law.

Edited by HarakoniWarhawk
  • stunbaton 1

I'd like to point out that the thing about sec using contraband gets only enforced under very weird circumstances... like I had sec coming with a No Drop Syndie Chainsaw and Dual Eswords after me. Someone ahelped that and got as answer "Should be resolved ICly". Then when someone else does it in the same situation pretty much they get bwoinked for it... Thats why we cant have nice things. This inconsistency is really... annoying to say the least.

Edited by EldritchSigma

This is why if any high-profile contraband like revolvers or implants come around, I'll have them filed away from the public evidence lockers and the grubby hands of the red-tide officers. Abuse of Contraband is a serious security issue for a number of IC and Meta reasons, the worst cases we get are with Syndi-Comms. I always tell officers that they cannot use anything they hear using a confiscated encryption key as solid evidence, but they can use it as a lead or tip to get that evidence, or even bust the perp in the middle of the crime. The only except to abuse of contraband IIRC is anything that is found by an officer or handed into the brig with no criminal activity attached to the contraband in question, shit like that still needs Command approval though.

24 minutes ago, Malphystoh said:

^ that situation exactly. No criminal activity. Handed it in. Command approval. 

Your situation is something that we see all the time, and that is a civilian in possession of weapons grade contraband. Something like this needs weapon permit access on your ID and a signed + stamped permit from the HoS or Higher that you need to carry with you.. If it's security personel wanting to use a military belt found in maintenance, that would be alright so long as it's cleared with their superiors.

We always hear the excuse of "It's just a belt" but it's also a belt that can hold anything between knives, to explosives, to firearms and respective ammunition. It's a way for agents and operatives to easily conceal their weapons and keep them close at hand, and if someone is reluctant to turn over that kind of contraband, then they should be expected to be treated like an agent.

Edited by Someonewithapen
Additional discussion
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use