Make cluwnes no longer 'Valid'

Landerlow

Well, that is their whole purpose. They are the only non-antag valids. Should we make cluwnes non-valids - it wouldn't be a cluwne anymore.

I do think it would be useful if it was more common knowledge that cluwnes are valid. I personally didn't know I was allowed to kill them till after a few rounds of experiencing them and I'm sure many other newer players struggle with that. Not exactly a RED TEXT: IMPULSE TO KILL! but maybe a RED TEXT: A CLUWNE HAS BEEN CREATED. PUT IT OUT OF ITS MISERY!

...then again even my fist time I got an impulse to kill event I still ahelped it.

Edited by ZN23X

7 minutes ago, Spacemanspark said:

The entire point of a cluwne is to be killed.

I mean, I generally try and have them borged after they die, but still.

Borg army when

Cluwnes can be useful. Ask Joe Walaski

They are not meant to be useful.

Cluwning only occurs when an admin does it via the smite command, in which you probably deserve death, or a wizard, which is meant to cause chaos.

11 hours ago, Spacemanspark said:

They are not meant to be useful.

Cluwning only occurs when an admin does it via the smite command, in which you probably deserve death, or a wizard, which is meant to cause chaos.

Farting on a bible causes cluwning. Or does an admin still have to do it manually after they get the message that someone farted on the bible?

When I first learned cluwnes are valid, I was rather confused. After all, I couldn't help but to feel sorry for them from being beaten to death for no reason by people who just want valids. It took far too long for me to realize cluwnes are another form of punishment given by admins, or by wizards for chaos. Once you understand this, it suddenly makes sense why their so harshly treated. Thus removing the valid tag off of cluwnes, would nullify the purpose of them in the first place.

@Landerlow

When you biblefart, admins get a message with a link to a menu with a range of options, from subtle messages up to gibbing, brain damage, and cluwning. 

What is the lore behind cluwnes anyway to make people want to kill them? That is the question that needs to be answered because killing a cluwne does not make any sense. To me it is nothing, but a meme (or whatever) that falls into the category as to why this server tends to lean LRP at times.

Edited by Jovaniph

1 minute ago, Rumiluntti said:

That is the only way for their suffering to end.
They are cursed, killing them is an act of mercy.

But to what extent? Because people still beat the shit out of them even if they are already dead, or do some malicious shit that just seems wrong as if they don't care.

It's a cluwne. It's not "people".
Better to beat the corpse, just to make sure the suffering has ended.
People tend to gang on things and not stop beating it until someone actually checks if they are truely dead, this might take a while.

Cluwnes either deserve their fate or are out of reach for any help anyone can give them. They are also so incompetent and horrible that even killing yourself is hard.

3 minutes ago, Rumiluntti said:

It's a cluwne. It's not "people".

That's hard to believe.

So other than the crew having a sense to kill something like a cluwne, isn't there a way to transplant the brain?

So in conclusion, cluwnes are just nothing, but add to the low rp right?

edit: I mean I get it. It just seems to bit of a cringe to see something with little to no meaning.

Edited by Jovaniph

Just because cluwnes are 'valid' isn't stopping you from engaging in a decent roleplay with them. I recall the wizard round where Tony ended up cluwned, and handed over command of Security over to the actual clown in a fit of madness, or the time Mercy attempted to de-cluwne the cluwned Captain in a maintenance tunnel. It's all dependent on your will to roleplay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • honk 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use