Security items?

Xantholne

Wanting to make some Security stuff so people feel more interested in it. Not entirely sure aside from new sprites, etc. Like it if people could comment on what they'd like (i.e. Specificly new sprites for X, new items, etc) to make Security more interesting and less mall cop in red looking and so forth.

• Like 1

Maybe re-add webbings for sec.

And thigh holsters. That'd be nice.

I've been playing a good bit of Bay as of late, and I think its a nice way to carry your essential gear that doesn't fit in your belt.

Not that you'd need it during one of Bay's six hour extended rounds.

• Like 1

Gameplay wise I'd love a holster accessory I can attach to my jumpsuit that can hold a taser or e-gun. Then I could keep cuffs in my armor slot and something else in my pocket. Maybe also a sawed off shotgun. I feel like anything else is too big. Just to free up one more spot in my already overflowing inventory. Then I could keep cuffs in my armor slot.

Appearance wise, I think giving sec officers multiple options for armor like the warden and HOS already have would be nice. Like armored coats instead of just a vest. Or something entirely new, not sue what. I'd also love different option for the helmet as well. I hate how the helmet looks. I'd literally rather die from unarmored damage to my head than wear it lol

Not that it needs to be armored but a headband would be cool. Maybe base it off the bandana but remove the top part so the hair isn't covered.

Different style SEC HUDS? Aviators? I'm sure someone would like those.

Also a black security jumpskirt, styled like the corporate security jumpsuit available in loadout  (and I believe there is 1 in the locker room)

Edited by ZN23X
I KEEP THINKING OF NEW THINGS
  • Like 2

I regret this as I type it, but a Combi-Stunrod/Tazer/Disabler. Gentlemen I present to you, the Nano-Sec-Rod. Much like the abductor item, it has three toggles (and you can still attach a flashlight to it.) First toggle would enable its passive stunner system for help intent. Toggling it a second time would also activate its taser function, allowing you to fire it at range, while still being able to stun with a melee help intent from the stunner which is still active. Toggling it a third time would switch it to its disabler mode, while still having the stun feature activated. a fourth toggle would power down the stunner and remove you from the ranged mode. I envision a high tech rod with pointy bits at the tip and maybe glowing fancy nano lights. Mayyyyybe only the warden or hos should have one. But it would take two items out of your inventory (three if they weren't aware they could attach the flashlight to the taser) and combine them into one bad ass multi clown stomper. I mean pacification device. 

1 hour ago, ZN23X said:

Also a black security jumpskirt, styled like the corporate security jumpsuit available in loadout  (and I believe there is 1 in the locker room)

Corporate Security Jumpskirt yes please. Equipment wise, security seems varied and square. Maybe expand the armory inventory to four or five of each weapon to fit our High Population times, and letting us stylize our baton/e-gun/shotgun like the detective's revolver could give us that personal touch we're looking for. Also, yes. More armored coats and/or vests for basic officers.

38 minutes ago, Someonewithapen said:

More armored coats and/or vests for basic officers.

I believe the red vest the brig doc has in their locker is armored. Maybe a variant of that for sec officers.

6 minutes ago, ZN23X said:

I believe the red vest the brig doc has in their locker is armored. Maybe a variant of that for sec officers.

Yes. Exactly. A black variant without the medical cross on the back for regular beat officers would be fantastic. Also, as a follow-up, taser holsters would be a dream.

• Like 2

Aviator Sec Glasses, and maybe cool visor type things for the futurey feel.

Variations on the armoured vests - flak style/leather style jackets, 

As for extra holsters and storage space...that's better discussed elsewhere as there are some big balance implications to consider there. I believe Xan was more looking for ideas for different looks of pre-existing items. (correct me if i'm wrong as usual xan)

• Like 1

I find two thing security needs in terms of clothing.

A blue officer jumpsuit (i wanna my calming blue) .  

And a white knight set (white armor,helmet,jackboots and possibly a mighty white secway steed).

• Like 2

+1 to @necaladun's visor idea! Something like mesons that function as a sec HUD! I bet Medbay staffers would even love a Med HUD like that as well!

I'll let others respond now before praising everyone individually :ph34r:

Edited by ZN23X
NOTE: Learn to use the like button instead of responding to everything

I'm feeling almost all the ideas I'm hearing here. Any items that are just alts for already existing items are fantastic. No need to worry about balance. Anything to be able to dress my snowflake 50 different ways. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Someonewithapen said:

I must have a different jumpsuit and beret available for every day of the week and depending what antagonist type we've got while being the brig physician. </sarcasm>

This but unironically.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, willior13 said:

Maybe a more undercover officer garb for those who don't want to be obvious in their snooping

For now, try Dispatcher uniform or just wear civvies. Though a low-profile uniform would be nice.

I think adding a vending machine instead of a locker would help out with more cosmetic items for security. It could even be hacked and have special coin bought outfits, imagine the white knight riot armor paint kit and lance baton extender for hacking the machine and putting three coins in.

I also would like to see hip holsters, you can already get a shoulder hostler if botany is willing right now anyway.

• Like 1

I would like to see a dispatcher type position too set up in securit and actually used, where someone is set up to use the cameras and crew monitor to see where and how everyone is, and can call security to any potential issues that come up. It's an easy job in that they don't have to interface with people, and it's very, very useful to security. Similar idea to someone in atmos actually watching the air monitors and checking for alarms. Or medical and monitoring crew health. I'm surprised these stations are not manned more often. They are critical to stopping most antags and issues before they start or compound into situations beyond any recovery

Edited by whiskeyfur

21 minutes ago, shazbot194 said:

I also would like to see hip holsters, you can already get a shoulder hostler if botany is willing right now anyway.

The holsters from Botany can't hold anything other than revolvers and solid round pistols. So only useful for uplink or gamma armory guns.

1 minute ago, ZN23X said:

The holsters from Botany can't hold anything other than revolvers and solid round pistols. So only useful for uplink or gamma armory guns.

Last I had one, it could hold a tazer. I'm not sure if it has changed, but I think it should be able to still.

10 minutes ago, shazbot194 said:

Last I had one, it could hold a tazer. I'm not sure if it has changed, but I think it should be able to still.

I've checked recently but I'd be willing to check again. I'll be doing so tonight.

"Why is the pod pilot working in the garden?"

Edited by ZN23X

Maybe the system for gear distribution that the colonial marines server uses would be good, with the gear being in the vendors that you can grab what you need from and completely leaving the lockers behind, this could easily be used for the gear too, like tasers and cuffs.

Like a bola launcher? I imagine that if that is ported in, being hit by it would 

A. cause you to slide a couple of tiles with the bola around you

B. Have a good chance to break you legs, making it more dangerous to fire a IPC's and other more fragile races.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use