Let`s Talk About IPCs (Integrated Paper-Positronic Chassis)

dadols

IPCs (Integrated Paper-Positronic Chassis)

PROS

-Radiation: used for that one event and very rarely when somebody actually decides to use the medical analyzer traitor item.

-Virus: Of limited use in most round unless, surprise, there's a virus.

-Air: The only useful thing that IPCs really have, they can avoid breathing. It's only useful for when you go out into space or some imbecile tries to strangle you.

-Easy to Repair/Revive: This depends entirely on the community, competency, and willingness. Is this community member a good one? If no, no repairs. Is this guy competent? If no, you'll probably get hit with the welder or a crowbar. Is this guy willing to heal you? If no, you don't get a heal.

-Lack of Needing Welding Goggles to Weld: Useful only if you intend to break down walls, not much else, no uses for flashes or anything else involving any light.

-Your Own Language!: Talk about how inferior meatbags are while you die after they think it's a good idea to push you a little bit.

CONS

-Brute and Burn increase: You die in a small amount of hits from anything. God help you if somebody throws something at you and you even think about engaging anything in the future. Hacking? Your arm is gone. Fighting carp/spiders? Limbs gone. Engaging anything at all in combat and trusting people? Dead.

-Fragile: Get hit early in the shift because the clown (Honk) throws a few banana peels at you? Proceed to have your arm malfunction constantly without having any way to fix it unless you`re an engineer. Try to do anything the rest of the shift and other people don't want to heal you or you don`t have tools? Deal with the arm and walk around dropping everything you hold. Somehow avoided death after one blow? Try to get out your welder, turn it on, aim, and then weld before dropping the welder/cable or getting hit by anything else.

-EMPs: They aren't too common, but more and more antags are getting these abilities, get touched by one of these and your limbs fly off if you're lucky, anywhere further inside than maximum range is death.

-Death: Die. Get all of your limbs including your head all over the place, proceed to be buried underneath your limbs, have your body get left alone/disposaled/taken or get lost in front of Robo-bay.

-Antag: Because they are not organic, they do not get access to Changeling and Vampire antag slots, giving them an overall less chance to roll antag.

Wrote by "Dumbdumn5"

Slightly modified it and adapted it to the new paradise.

IPCflag.gifIPC.pngConsider the following questions when posting your Suggestions: IPC.pngIPCflag.gif

• - Explain your Suggestion.

- What capabilities do they get?

- Potential for Antagonists.

- How much does this change affect the round?

- How much does this change affect the race?

- Is it followed by a Nerf/Buff?

Note: Take in Mind what is up there and that a Buff doesn`t always come with a Nerf.

Edited by Guest

OH&S and death are both blatantly incorrect these days.

They're also immune to toxin and clone damage, don't suffer from pain, they lack blood, immune to insta-death decaps....have immunity to most chemicals (with a few exceptions, like acid), and they can't utilize DNA manipulation.

give them wings and neon green plating mandatory

oh yes and fucking horrid degenerated animal lookalike manufacturers only, delet everything else

They're also immune to toxin and clone damage, don't suffer from pain, they lack blood, immune to insta-death decaps....have immunity to most chemicals (with a few exceptions, like acid), and they can't utilize DNA manipulation.

As someone that absolutely loves IPCs and plays the everloving shit out of them here and even on a few other servers, let me break this down:

-Toxin damage = Residue damage, granted this can only come via the form of the two IPC drugs that currently exist.

-Clone damage is resolved with organics in about two minutes with cryoxadone + cryopod, which most chemists usually make at the start of each round. Not many things outside of the unupgraded cloner at the start of the round cause cloning damage (and science generally tends to go on an upgrade rampage within the first half hour or so, pending supplies from mining.)

-Suffering from pain is irrelevant when I can just cut off a leg in three hits [spoilertext]or EMP it[/spoilertext] with a welding tool or metal rod and laugh my ass off as the poor IPC tries to flee, but to no avail as it is now slower than a diona and falls over every three seconds.

-Blood on Paradise rarely comes into play, and if it does then you got pretty damn fucked up or you're making bloodborne viruses. Or vampires, but vampires in general need some sort of rework honestly.

-Immune to instadeath decaps? Well sure the head can come off but what does it matter when they go blind, lose the ability to speak over the radio, and/ or could be killed/ put into crit by five shots with a laser gun to the chest [spoilertext]or be EMP'd to death immediately[/spoilertext]?

-Immunity to most chemicals, but the ones that can effect them can be used to utterly destroy them, with the exception of the two healing chemicals that serve as a yang to the yin caused by IPC drugs (And yes, the IPC drugs can very easily destroy an IPC. Rig a grenade with those and toss it into a crowd- fun for the entire family!)

-Can't utilize DNA manipulation? Great, I can't have superpowers. Nobody, not even geneticists, go around giving people defective DNA injections very often, so anything "bad" you could do to someone with one doesn't really apply here.

-Death? Depends. Sometimes you get amazing people and they can revive you within 5- 10 minutes, all parts reconstructed. I commend those people, because 7/10 times you get someone that doesn't know what in heck to do with you, or they go extremely slow, or there's just so many parts to repair/ put back on that it takes 3x the time that cloning or defibrillation does. Or all of the above! [spoilertext]That or you were really terrible while alive and literally drunk yourself to death and fucked everything up. I swear I haven't done this.[/spoilertext]

Now, when I say this, I mean this respectfully, but I advise you to try the race for yourself a bit, Fox. It's not as amazingly overpowered and Godly as you perceive it. I actually started playing Kei again these past few days, somewhat to remember what differences I get by playing a non-IPC. I gotta say, it's a MUCH brighter story overall for organics.

That said, I enjoy the difficulty that IPCs get in some of these regards. I have always felt that EMPs, however, are a tad ridiculous. Especially considering, say, Revenants, which are merely supposed to be an annoyance, but turn into a murderboning eldritch horror to IPCs every time they come by (although I've been told to ahelp any Revenants I see doing such a thing.). Or the flashlight EMP.

What to do with EMPs?

I know Baystation and Polaris have it so IPCs are dealt a decent amount of damage, and knocked out for a bit (much longer than a taser electrode, so finishing off an IPC in this state is a non-issue), when hit with an EMP. They can take about 3-4 direct EMP hits, if memory serves.

Would it be simple to code? Perhaps. I'll take the time to try coding it myself once I'm more settled in, if enough people think that's an alright idea.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

IPCs in general are in a pretty solid spot.

The one spot I have ever felt they are sort of crazy is the EMP issue.

There should not ever be a point and click solution to an entire race. Even the Diona, arguably the most powerful species in terms of mechanics, don;t die from a single application of plant-b-gone. They're ROYALLY fucked, but they're not immediately "Shit ded lol"

EMPs being an anti-IPC weapon, is fine. Makes sense. But a straight 'u ded nao' button is a little bit silly. You could easily have EMPs be the "Sleepy Pen" for IPCs, which would mitigate some of their near immunity to chemicals and give traitors a viable option to subdue them before doing the work.

Or hell just have it do fuck tons of damage, but not an outright death, either one doesn't matter so long as there is ACTUALLY some fucking gameplay involved and not 'i clik mah button so u ded.'

I personally feel that the chem immunity is more of a con than it is a pro, for the same reason 'easy healing' is a total line of crap from anyone who knows what goes into healing IPCs.

Losing the ability to process chems means that 99% of medical/average player has no idea how to deal with IPCs, and since chems effect every area of the body at once it is always going to be easier and faster to heal a human/organic than it would be to heal an IPC. This is most apparent if you have an IPC and organic get exposed to space and take that 5-10 burn/brute combo across their entire body. For a human, this can be fixed in a matter of seconds. A synthflesh patch, SS/SP patch(es), sleeper or cryo. For an IPC this is 14 applications of welding and wiring or 7 stacks of nanopaste to get them back to 100%, targeting every area of the body individually.

The only two things that heal an entire IPC at once is a hivelord core, good luck getting one of those if you aren't a miner or happen to be really good friends with one willing to spend the points to stabilize a core for you, or an upgraded cyborg charger, only one of which is in public access for all IPCs to use and suit chargers almost never get upgraded meaning you can count on this method of healing about as much as you can count on science to give every department their own personal chem dispenser. Only a handful of science regulars understand you can upgrade chargers, even fewer know what those upgrades do and fewer still care enough to use parts they mass produce anyways to do it.

Clone immunity is a none issue since it's standard practice to cryodip clones anyways even if the cloner is upgraded, you'll rarely see a person with clone damage outside of the rare Xenobiologist who got glomped, thanks to the remote Xenobio system though clone damage is even rarer. And this all comes on the side of not being able to use Genetic powers or DNA scramblers to empower themselves and change their identities. Virus immunity comes into the same category as several virus combos are blatantly OP and only balanced by the RNG barrier to acquiring them. IPCs can't self-heal, stimulant inducing space walking viruses like everyone else.

As for Radiation, outside of the radiation belt events the only other sources of radiation on the station are genetics, which is of no benefit to them anyways, and the singularity, which will kill them outright via EMP from farther away than an organic would even begin to feel the adverse effects of radiation. Every other source of radiation is so rare and niche (The useless plasma pistol and even more useless Tator Medic analyzer) that even regular players aren't worried about them.

(snip)

As it is my list, I shall rework it as I currently have seen IPCs and follow the stats with my opinion and experience on how it plays out in game. ( Thank you for the rework you've already done, dadols.

Legend

-Dadols post

-Redone

-Comment

PROS

-Radiation: used for that one event and very rarely when somebody actually decides to use the medical analyzer traitor item. Rarely comes into play, mostly because the only things that are commonly or could be commonly used to cause rads are the singulo (unprotected), random rad events, being stuck in a cloning pod, standing next to somebody with the rad mutation (only really harmful if standing near person for extended period of time), and the traitor health analyze (almost never if ever picked). This is such a niche damage type that I'm surprised that its discussed too much.

-Chemicals: Chemicals that cause internal organ damage, toxins, and oxy damage are non-functional against IPCs. This is a very limited usage considering the low use of poisons by antags, as most traitors go for something blunt and oxy/tox chemicals are used in moderation or as an accompaniment to something gone over more in the con side. Not much of an issue considering hte con side.

-Blood & DNA: Due to lack of blood, IPCs cannot bleed out or be drained by vampires. DNA allows IPCs to be immune to changeling absorption.This doesn't come in handy very often, mostly because you have to get caught and cuffed by these antags to get drained like this, it more often than not results in the IPC being killed anyways from other means. Not quite sure how this would be implemented if you were to try, could say something about oil, but as it pans out, it's currently not that bad.

-Virus: Of limited use in most rounds unless, surprise, there's a virus.A double-edged sword, and with modern viro, more of a detriment than a positive considering many of the harmful viruses are cured (without the help of a viro mind you) and many of the virsues about are intentionally released and beneficial (which leaves IPCs during those rounds without effects such as regenerating health or light emissio, though these effects are often minor.) This makes logical sense and plays a minor role in the game due to new viro being relatively easy to cure.

-Toxin: Immune to organic poisons and most methods, though toxin damage can still be taken through means of IPC Chemicals and a few other methods iirc. Comes into play somewhat rarely outside of plasma and spiders. Many traitors often choose to go for e-sword + stun (as in stunprod as e-pen takes a while to process) and can take out IPCs with methods such as the EMP flashlight if focused on taking out the race specifically. This isn't a problem for antags trying to take out whole crews with toxin based arms (not that I'm aware of many station-wide ways of spread tox aside from, again, plasma, and there shouldn't be a surefire way to kill the entire station aside from the nuke or a blob without at least having to adapt a bit to useing primarily brute or flame damage (which are more accessible and widespread, or can even be a byproduct of the plasma tactic through throwing a welder or flip lighter into the mix.) Minor damage immunity from a specific source with limited usage, makes sense too and the chemicals that can proc this are reasonable.

-Air: The only useful thing that IPCs really have, they can avoid breathing. It's only useful for when you go out into space or some imbecile tries to strangle you. One of the msot, if not the most useful thing about an IPC, also one of the more specific passives in the game, requiring you to be either in space or suffering oxy damage ( which is a common ailment from busted lungs and such.) I'm not sure how this could even be changed if one tried aside from potentially stating something about filters. Remember, where oxy damage usually is, pressure is close by.

-Easy to Repair/Revive: This depends entirely on the community, competency, and willingness. Is this community member a good one? If no, no repairs. Is this guy competent? If no, you'll probably get hit with the welder or a crowbar. Is this guy willing to heal you? If no, you don't get a heal.As said prior, requires community competence, although you will more likely than not be able to heal the minor damage taken across the shift, for non-minor damage, I'll get into that over in the Damage Cons. This is true of most cyberlimbs, and makes sense as is, so it's alright.

-Lack of Needing Welding Goggles to Weld: Useful only if you intend to break down walls, not much else, no uses for flashes or anything else involving any light.Useful to antagonists, engineers, and greytide, but limited usage outside of these three fields, it's more of a minor boon, as you'll still get caught from all the ruckus taking down a wall requires, but in terms of situations where welders are needed, there's aren't that many (assuming you're trying to stay on the good side of the law.) Minor buff, reasonable

-Pain: Immune to pain crit (100 damage of any sort accumulated), unable to be slowed by pain alone (though haloss still function fine and any damage to the leg or foot will cause slowdown). Limited usage mostly due to the Brute and Burn increase, it's more likely that you'll be dead or in harm crit before this becomes useful, and it's entirely useless in negating slows if you continue to have damage on you. Not incredibly useful, though I'm unaware if the haloss effects are intended or not. As it stands, seems fine.

-Your Own Language!: Talk about how inferior meatbags are while you die after they think it's a good idea to push you a little bit. Limited usage, not really a buff or a nerf, as most languages are. No reason to change this really anywhere.

CONS

-Brute and Burn increase: You die in a small amount of hits from anything. God help you if somebody throws something at you and you even think about engaging anything in the future. Hacking? Your arm is gone. Fighting carp/spiders? Limbs gone. Engaging anything at all in combat and trusting people? Dead.iirc this is a 150% damage multiplier on the two most common damage types in the game, which most if not all fighting implements do, a traitor is able to have incredibly easy access to these implements due to crowbars from O2 lockers, fire extinguishers, welders, toolboxes, etc. many of which spawn regularly in maintenance. If this isn't the case, fists are viable and for the well armed, it takes five laser shots to knock them into critical condition. This is reasonable and doesn't need to be changed as it counters their full mechanical body nicely and lets me call them real tin cans.

-Damage & Regeneration: IPCs lack a method of passive regeneration (which is incredibly slow and can be neglibile in most cases) and cannot regenerate health from food, requiring welder fuel to be expended at each point, even if the limb has been damaged only once. At critical damage, limb damage, unlike humans, IPCs cannot repair standing damage on the limb, being given the message (The damage is far too severe to be patched externally) this means that the IPC MUST undergo surgery before you're able to repair the standing damage, which counts against your total 200 health, this is unlike other races, who, even if their bone is broken, can restore the damage so that, while the limb may be broken an practically unusable, it won't have the total health damage, meaning that the organic will be able to repair the total damage without surgery, regardless of the limb's broken or fixed state. This comes into play more than you'd think, mostly when arms or the torso is too damaged to patch over, the torso, head, and groin are the most commonly damaged areas, and if the damage on them is higher than the breaking point, the damage can't be fixed without surgery, so it means that if something's trying to hunt you down, you can't place a healing patch on the area or quickly weld it up to take that extra hit or two to survive, instead you'll be going down to robotics or medbay with a toolset and having to rely on others. This is what makes their limbs reasonable considering the ease of repair and should not be changed.

-Chemicals: All brute, burn, some toxin, and some brain damage chemicals can be and are effective against IPCs, this include most chemicals used in memesprays (common scichem or chem traitor implements) and usually easier to make and use than poisons aside from cyanide. IPCs cannot receive beneficial effects from chemical aside from the limited pool of IPC chemicals, some of which provide some good drawbacks to their benefits. This isn't much an issue considering how chemicals are both a boon and a bane, this is because most chemicals that are already used to kill people work on IPCs just as well, barring the uncommonly used poisons. As it stands, it's a good tradeoff, no poison, but also no healing, especially with how powerful things like synthflesh, silver sulfidazine, and other such implements are

-EMPs: They aren't too common, but more and more antags are getting these abilities, get touched by one of these and your limbs fly off if you're lucky, anywhere further inside than maximum range is death. With how many antags have this now and how cheap they are for the antag to use (most notable the traitor's EMP flashlight) these are usually the hardest thing to overcome and one of the better balancing features of the race mostly because of the utilitarian pros that they have. It might need to be tweaked a tad to not outright kill them instantly on impact, but as they stand I'm actually pretty alright with how they look.

-Death: Die. Get all of your limbs including your head all over the place, proceed to be buried underneath your limbs, have your body get left alone/disposaled/taken or get lost in front of Robo-bay. Recently I haven't actually seen all of my limbs pop off, that usually happens beforehand, although it might still be a thing and I just haven't noticed it, or I've just seen more IPCs in crit than flat out dead. Reasonable if it's still in, makes revival take some effort, also of note, the cannot be cloned, defibbed, or SR'd, they must go through repair surgery and limb replacement including monitors and optical sensors.

Basically, I like where IPCs are, and most of their shit has been balanced due to the major discussions over them before when they were all the rage and people were worried over whether they'd become cardboard instead of aluminum or if the buffs would turn them from aluminum to titanium. Kind of happy to see they turned out as plain old tin though, really should read the above.

What if the EMP didn't kill you but rather decaps you, with a 20 second stun? Subsequent EMPs would be a stun but no other physical damage. The stun would be enough time for an antag to actually get his hands dirty in a dark maintenance tunnel, but if in public, would provide a possibility that the player will come out of the stun and seek repairs. This also mitigates murderboning revenants a tad.

Mmm no I thing that two emp like for the plant race it take two plant begone to kill l, so do the emp.

That way the IPC are not over buffed as they can still be stun by the 1st emp the 2nd one after that if still damage will kill them

And here something think on, why not let them eat cables coils and drink welder fuel and by doing that they can regeneration the damage they taken over time, it won't heal the deep wounds but only the most outside still that they can fix on their own, so they can have two paths to do for repairs a over time repair or take time off and fix by hand?

Mmm no I thing that two emp like for the plant race it take two plant begone to kill l, so do the emp.

That way the IPC are not over buffed as they can still be stun by the 1st emp the 2nd one after that if still damage will kill them

Being able to take 3-4 stuns, one stun alone dealing a considerable amount of damage, and the stun period lasting 10- 15 seconds, doesn't seem to be an issue, or remotely make them overpowered.

And here something think on, why not let them eat cables coils and drink welder fuel and by doing that they can regeneration the damage they taken over time, it won't heal the deep wounds but only the most outside still that they can fix on their own, so they can have two paths to do for repairs a over time repair or take time off and fix by hand?

This doesn't really make sense.

Ok let clear things up, you know other player that can eat food to regeneration their health, I was thinking of the same lines for IPC but have them eat cable coils and welder fuel, so they can have a passive way to regeneration the damage that they had taken.

And if your looking for a reason, just think they just robots won't they have small nano bots to fix stuff up inside of them? :3

Ok let clear things up, you know other player that can eat food to regeneration their health, I was thinking of the same lines for IPC but have them eat cable coils and welder fuel, so they can have a passive way to regeneration the damage that they had taken.

We don't need to humanize IPCs.

And if your looking for a reason, just think they just robots won't they have small nano bots to fix stuff up inside of them? :3

Nanotrasen has nanomachines (nanites?), yes, but they're used in medical injectors used only by high ranking ERT/ deathsquad crews.

IPCs certainly don't have them.

IPC really don't need changing. They're in a really good position. I can think of many other races that need attention.

I don't mind EMPs killing me instantly, that's part of synthetic life. Also, the limbs popping off is at 30 damage - Two EMPs will cause that.

Library_Computer.gifSomeone wrote some really "Smart" Stuff (Spacemanspark,davidchan,Dumbdumn5), Library_Computer.gif

• Thank you to Everyone for Joining this discussion and sharing your ideas;

Some Problems came out from this and other discussions;

• IPCs are too weak against EMPs, the most considerable nerf would be to EMPs dealing few brute/burn damage, and a long stun. Emp.png

IPCs are too weak against everything, lowering the overall damage bonus should be an option to consider, I think 125~130% looks better than 150%.

IPCs have an overall less chance to roll antag.

IPCs require more personalization.

IPCs require more chems.

IPCs are not easy to fix.*

*IPCs are not easy to fix :

it is always going to be easier and faster to heal a human/organic than it would be to heal an IPC. This is most apparent if you have an IPC and organic get exposed to space and take that 5-10 burn/brute combo across their entire body. For a human, this can be fixed in a matter of seconds. A synthflesh patch, SS/SP patch(es), sleeper or cryo. For an IPC this is 14 (or more) applications of welding and wiring or 7 (or more) stacks of nanopaste to get them back to 100%, targeting every area of the body individually.

P.S IPCs are still gonna be weak compared to other races, but they`re gonna be slightly better overall.

-The best way to see if some changes are gonna enchance the overall gameplay is to test those changes in game.

A short term 'fix' to the healing would be fairly easy in concept, though probably a bit more difficult in practice.

Having any extra healing from a welder or wiring overflow into other body parts, as in, if an IPC has 10 burn damage distributed across their body, and you wire their chest, 1 wire will be consumed regardless, and this is supposed to heal 5 burn. So the first heal would completely heal the chest and randomly heal other body parts until the left over heal was reduced to 0, and then they could target another damaged body part and continue the process until they were fully healed. This might make Nanopaste actually worth it's steep resource cost as it heals both burn and brute (or last I checked it did)

As far as EMPs go, while I am fine with them where they are now, I'd happily trade EMP 1HKOs for EMPs dealing steep damage and force shutting down the IPC (like they do borgs) for 10-15 seconds, and to compensate for this slight buff taking away their radiation immunity and making 'letha'l doses of radiation deal burn damage to the IPC, as we basically all agree they are tinfoil and cardboard tubes and when you put tinfoil in a microwave it burns.

I would also fully support going back to IPC posibrains in their skulls and not their chests, but I always thought there was a bit of a charm to having decapped IPCs still be 'active' if immobile, maybe fix it so their heads can only whisper without their body as a primary power source or give them a battery back up in their head that only lasts for a minute or so, meaning they still 'die' if disassembled. Granted, this would mean they'd need a slight buff to prevent their heads from falling off by a random toolboxing as usually happens.

And as Dumdum pointed out, IPC limbs breaking is possibly the most annoying and crippling con they have going for them, since they can't self repair these, and unlike broken bones they still can't heal over it and splint the broken limb to allow somewhat activity till they can get someone to surgery them. I really don't know how you'd go about fixing this, but it seems like broken bones aren't a guarantee for organics but for IPCs getting significant damage on any limb immediately renders that limb useless 100% of the time.

A short term 'fix' to the healing would be fairly easy in concept, though probably a bit more difficult in practice.

Having any extra healing from a welder or wiring overflow into other body parts, as in, if an IPC has 10 burn damage distributed across their body, and you wire their chest, 1 wire will be consumed regardless, and this is supposed to heal 5 burn. So the first heal would completely heal the chest and randomly heal other body parts until the left over heal was reduced to 0, and then they could target another damaged body part and continue the process until they were fully healed. This might make Nanopaste actually worth it's steep resource cost as it heals both burn and brute (or last I checked it did)

As far as EMPs go, while I am fine with them where they are now, I'd happily trade EMP 1HKOs for EMPs dealing steep damage and force shutting down the IPC (like they do borgs) for 10-15 seconds, and to compensate for this slight buff taking away their radiation immunity and making 'letha'l doses of radiation deal burn damage to the IPC, as we basically all agree they are tinfoil and cardboard tubes and when you put tinfoil in a microwave it burns.

I would also fully support going back to IPC posibrains in their skulls and not their chests, but I always thought there was a bit of a charm to having decapped IPCs still be 'active' if immobile, maybe fix it so their heads can only whisper without their body as a primary power source or give them a battery back up in their head that only lasts for a minute or so, meaning they still 'die' if disassembled. Granted, this would mean they'd need a slight buff to prevent their heads from falling off by a random toolboxing as usually happens.

And as Dumdum pointed out, IPC limbs breaking is possibly the most annoying and crippling con they have going for them, since they can't self repair these, and unlike broken bones they still can't heal over it and splint the broken limb to allow somewhat activity till they can get someone to surgery them. I really don't know how you'd go about fixing this, but it seems like broken bones aren't a guarantee for organics but for IPCs getting significant damage on any limb immediately renders that limb useless 100% of the time.

I do Agree with everything you said but not, going back to IPC posibrains in their skulls... and removing the radiation immunity.. There`s no need to nerf IPCs everytime a buff gets added.

Posibrain inside chest of borgs and ipcs actually make sense from realism perspective. Its easier to make armoured chassis to protect processor from damage as well as fit inside all the secondary modules needed for processor to work properly - coolant, external memory, etc. As we know posibrain is not a small things so it might probably be just impossible to fit it inside head. However we can make head house not just array of sensors but also secondary core designed to work with that sensory input. If its damaged - you will have problems with vision/hearing and maybe even some "bugs" - hallucinations.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... essingUnit

Some Problems came out from this and other discussions;

•  

IPCs are too weak against EMPs, the most considerable nerf would be to EMPs dealing few brute/burn damage, and a 15~20 seconds stun. Emp.png

IPCs are too weak against everything, lowering the overall damage bonus should be an option to consider, I think 125~130% looks better than 150%.

I think the most relevant ones are these... and I`ve posted my suggestions how to improve the current situation...

IPC can just fix themselves up by spamming a welder and cable coil, even faster with nanopaste. This is why they take more damage.

15 sec stun from EMP? Basically death but with more mess.

Ipc have damage threehold on chest which when reached make it impossible to repair it at all without surgery. And limbs just fall off. Thats already a downside. So I think ipc should have no damage bonus but have internal part more vulnerble as well as limbs.

Stun make it less shitty to die as ipc. Your murderer will have to make some effort to kill you after stun. And if you are NOT alone you have a chance to survive. While for now it does not matter if you are alone or not - you got hit with emp and you are instantly dead. And most of people dont know how to fix ipcs at all.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use