Should you vomit on coming in contact with a corpse?

FlattestGuitar

How should vomiting on corpses be handled?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When a corpse has been out of the fridge for long enough, its specific aroma starts to overpower your senses. SS13 simulates this by making your character puke if they don't have a mask on. Should this still be a thing?

Yes?

No?

Maybe?

Discuss.

I think they should only puke if the corpse is decayed enough. I'm sure everyone on this station would be used to seeing a dead body by now, but certainly no one could get over the stench without working as a Janitor. So...maybe make it so Janitor doesn't vomit regardless?

Smell of dead body is something that really should trigger a reaction.

(Still disappointed that smoking doesn't mask the smell though D:)

It does, last I checked.

Pretty much anything in your mask slot stops you from vomiting, I think.

Smell of dead body is something that really should trigger a reaction.

(Still disappointed that smoking doesn't mask the smell though D:)

It does, last I checked.

Pretty much anything in your mask slot stops you from vomiting, I think.

Weird. Could have sworn I vomited the last time I autopsied a body (around a week ago), and I was smoking at the time.

So your dragging a wounded buddy to medbay and as soon as he dies everyone on screen without a mask just vomits? Dead bodies becomes the ultimate stunning weapon.

You don't stun when you vomit and you don't vomit the moment someone dies. It takes time for the body to decay and become vomit inducing

Some clarification on the current state of things:

- Not all face items block the puking. Only the ones with the MASKCOVERSMOUTH flag do, meaning cigarettes won't help, whereas breathing masks will.

- Corpses don't induce vomiting as soon as they die. It takes 10 minutes of decaying for them to start.

- Janitors and Coroners are seven levels lower on the badass scale than the Detective, they're not getting resistance unless everyone is.

Given it requires the corpse to be rotting and all that, I see no problem with puking being a thing. I mean, yer on a cramped, stale-aired space station, likely in a claustrophobic area, with a bloated corpse. Holy shit should you EVER be puking.

Honestly, even the mortician shouldn't be immune. There's masks handy for a reason. Maaaaybe the detective could have an immunity, simply due to rule of cool.

- Janitors and Coroners are seven levels lower on the badass scale than the Detective, they're not getting resistance unless everyone is.

Janitors, alright maybe they aren't badass enough but they do deal with a lot of blood and vomit from other people vomiting to dead corpses. I'd say their tolerance is pretty high. Coroner deals with dead people all the time and it would be pretty unprofessional if they vomit at the smell of something they already make a living by

Havent you played the investigation bits of trauma team?

coroners-office.jpg?w=650maxresdefault.jpgTrauma-Team-First-Look-Preview.gif

And have you also seen doctors at work?

Im not going to search a potentially vomit inducing surgery video to prove a point.

Screw that.

As for the janitor.

vcd.jpg

I'm just saying they can wear the masks if they really need to. That's a standard part of being a coroner or a janitor if you end up having to clean up corpses.

The detective should get a pass because he's a glorified redshirt with badass written all over.

The detective should get a pass because he's a glorified redshirt with badass written all over.

This is false. Most detectives don't understand terms like, 'written' and of all it's variants. Hell, even casing crime scenes is just a myth! All Detectives know that you don't do that shit, you sit in your office (SSD optional) with the occasional partaking in arrests/manhunts while the Warden waits in processing with perps' requesting for the evidence and case reports, over and over again.

The real veterans though, use their gun on random crewmembers who don't respect them. Trust.

Edit: Infact! The Detective should empty their revolver into the corpse on reflex, followed by downing their flask.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use